American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:38 pm 

Location: Mukilteo, Washington, USA - 25 miles north of Seattle
<font face="Book Antiqua"><font size="4"><font color="beige">Battalion, attention! The Corps of Cadets will pass and review. In attendance for todays review and Change of Command, positioned on the Reviewing stand are the following CSA Officers:

Gen Willie Tisdale, Chief of the Armies
Maj Gen Alvin Baker, CSA Chief of Staff
Gen Robert Weir, Eastern Theater Commander
Maj Gen Cameron McOmish, Western Theater Commander
Lt Gen Kenyon Whitehead, Commandant of the CSA War College
Gen John Dragan, Commanding the Army of Alabama
Gen John Newton, Commanding the Army of Northern
Gen Nick Kunz, Commanding the Army of Georgia, acting Commandant of VMI
Maj Gen Jon Hopper, Commanding the Army of the Mississippi
Maj Gen Tom Phillips, Dean of Cadets, VMI
Fld Lt James Weathers Jr. Adjutant to the Commandant, VMI

Special guess invited to attend:
Gen D. W. Mallory, AotM
Lt Gen Steve Kitchen, Chief of Staff, ANV
Brig Gen Allan Hovey, Chief of Staff, AoA
Col Robert Wilson, Chief of Staff, AoG
Col Stewart Stiles, Chief of Staff, WTC

Forming the Corps of Cadets for the parade are the following Graduates and current Cadets for the Class of 2010:

Col Blake Strickler, AotM
Maj Joseph Medeiros, AotM
Capt Mark Davis, AoA
Capt Marcos Ruiz, AoG
Capt James Foster, AotM
Fld Lt Scott Reed, AoA
Fld Lt Yvan Durand, AoA
Cadet Nate Cushman, VMI

<b>Colonel Blake Strickler</b>, front and center Suh! Colonel Strickler, on orders from Richmond I, General Nick Kunz, acting Commandant, pass the VMI staff to you as the next serving Commandant of this fine Institution. Your country is counting on you and your staff to continue to up hold the high standards set here and to prepare our young men to lead their charges into battle. You are also presented the ribbon for serving CSA Senior Officers
Salutes are exchanged and the rest of the CSA Officers move forward to offer their congratulations to Colonel Strickler. A luncheon will be served in the VMI Mess Hall following the ceremony.
</font id="beige"></font id="size4"></font id="Book Antiqua">

<font color="limegreen"><font size="4">Gen Nick Kunz
Commanding
Army of Georgia
'Nulli Secundus'</font id="limegreen"><font color="orange">
Instructor
Vicksburg Military Institute</font id="orange"></font id="size4">

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:53 pm 

Although we are in the midst of battle, let us hold a temporary truce for me to congratulate you on your new assigment and may you continue to feed us Yankees new meat from VMI.

Maj.Gen. Drex Ringbloom,
AotS Chief-of -Staff,
2nd Division Cmdr, "Corcoran's Legion", VIII Corps
Army of the Shenandoah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:50 pm 
Ladies and Gentleman, esteemed Guests, Officers, and Cadets,

It is an honor to be here today! I have the highest regard for this Club and the Institution of VMI. I thank the Confederate high command for the great trust and responsibility they have placed on my shoulders. I would be a poor commander indeed if I failed to give credit where it is due. I wish to thank Neal Hebert, Waylon Hughes, Scott Clawson, and James Weathers (who will be staying on at the Academy with me) for the fine work they have done over the last few months. If it through the hard work of countless instructors, staff, and commandants that has made the Academy the Institution it is today. I can only hope that my staff and I prove worthy caretakers of its legacy.

I wish to thank Major General Tom Phillips for agreeing to join the Staff in the role of Dean of Cadets. His experience and wisdom will serve the Academy and the Cadets well. Also I wish to thank Captain Mark Davis for taking the post of Deputy Commandant. Adams is a newer member to our Club but he is a great friend and a fine officer whom I have complete trust in. James Weathers is another fine new officer who has already served under Brigadier General Hughes. His experience and enthusiasm will serve us all well at the Academy.

I have some great officers with me at the Academy and I expect great things from such a staff as this! We will be working hard over the next few months on a few projects to make the experience of every Cadet that goes through our Institution a memorable and complete experience.

For now I will conclude by inviting all the gentlemen to my headquarters for some fine cigars while the ladies rest before the big dance tonight. Thank you all again for your attendance and the trust you have emplaced in myself and the Staff I bring with me.

Colonel Blake Strickler
Commandant VMI
Army of the Mississippi
Chief of Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:58 pm 

A damn fine parade <salute> Well done to all those officers stepping up at our VMI - you have my support!

Major General Cam McOmish
Commander Western Theater
Confederate States of America

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:58 am 

<font color="beige"><b>A fine day for a parade it is, Well done Gentlemen. <salute>

Congratulations Colonel Strickler, you take on the most important task of introducing new officers to the rigors of command. Do not hesitate to contact my headquarters if I can be of any assistance to you in your endeavor.</b></font id="beige">

<center> <font color="beige"><b>General R.A.'Bob'Weir
</b></font id="beige"><font color="green"><b><font size="4">CSA Eastern Theater Commander</b></font id="size4"></font id="green">

Image</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:21 am 

Bob I have to ask is that a photo of you in your sig[?]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:59 pm 

<font color="beige"><b>Cam,

Why yes that would be my head and hat...the uniform is that of Major General John Calvin...a little photoshop decap-recapitation.[;)] </b></font id="beige">

<center> <font color="beige"><b>General R.A.'Bob'Weir
</b></font id="beige"><font color="green"><b><font size="4">CSA Eastern Theater Commander</b></font id="size4"></font id="green">

Image</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:26 am 

Col Strickler, Sir

Sorry for the delay on the welcome to the Command Post of VMI. As you know, I am running for re-election and I was a little side track for a day or two.

I want you to know that you are in the most important position in the whole CSA. I know that you can and will do a GREAT job here.

If I or any of my staff officers can help you, please let me know.

Again Sir, welcome to VMI !!!!

Willie Tisdale
"The Gray Fox"
General
Chief of Armies - CSA
ACWGC Cabinet Member

"Any people, anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable and most sacred right - a right which we hope and believe is to liberate the world. Nor is this right confined to cases in which the whole people of an existing government may choose to exercise it. Any portion of such people, that can may revolutionize and make their own of so many of the territory as they inhabit."

Abraham Lincoln
January 12, 1848.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:31 am 
I thank all the general officers and guests for their well-wishes and attendance here this week. My staff and I appreciate all of the support we have received and are positive that VMI will maintain its place as the finest Academic Institution in this Club. I wish you all a safe journey back to your commands and I hope to be sending you all reinforcements soon.

Respectfully,
Col. Blake Strickler
Commandant of VMI

Army of the Mississippi
Chief of Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:07 am 

I was watching the festivities through my field glasses from the top of that hill back there, but there was so much glare off of all the gold braid and brass that I couldn't make things out very well. So I decided to come down for a closer look, but it appears that everyone's already left and returned to their duties!

<font size="1">Are there any drinks left?</font id="size1">

General Jos. C. Meyer
Commander, Army of the Tennessee
Union Army Chief of Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:26 am 

General Meyer of course there are some drinks left. Some of the stuff is a bit rough but good enough to get us all to a happy place. And then we can all take a stroll to The Eagles Lurch for a few more[:D]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:01 am 

Congratulations Col. Strickler and Gen. Kunz. Thank-you for your service Gen Kunz and all your assistance while a cadet at VMI. Col. Strickler, I look forward to our future together in a MPG to be named later.<salute>

Fld. Lt Scott Reed
Reed's Alabama Battery
II Corps Artillery
Army of Alabama