American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:23 pm 

Ken,

It's not a prospect I've been looking forward to, I can tell you that![;)]

General Jeff Laub
Eastern Theater, Commanding

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:32 am 

Just a reminder that midnight Saturday night 3 July is the deadline for completion of Round 3 matches. The Culp's Hill Finals have been decided (Brig Gen Shaw vs Gen Laub) but the following matches have not been completed in Round 3 of the other brackets:

Cemetery Ridge
.....Brig Gen Shaw vs Col Gandt
.....Gen Mallory vs Gen Laub

Round Top
.....Lt Gen Thompson vs Maj Gen Welleman
.....Maj Gen Seger vs Gen Golen

At last word, it was looking like Gen Golen would be disqualified as he never responded and started the match.

Lt Gen Ned Simms
1/VIII/AotS/USA
Blood 'n Guts hisself, a land lovin' pirate. Show me some arty tubes and we'll charge 'em.
VMI Class of '00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:36 pm 

General Mallory and I are turning a file a day this past week in an attempt to finish on time!

My Yanks are ahead in casualties, but there's been some back and forth on the objective hexes, so we'll see! Too close to call.

General Jeff Laub

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:04 am 

Happy to report a Yankee victory in my match versus General Mallory - those carbines proved too hot to handle in our firefight! That, and General Mallory having some really bad luck on routing...[}:)]

General Jeff Laub

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:11 pm 

The Union army has just barely survived a furious battle in the Cemetery Ridge Division between BG Shaw and Col Gandt. I believe that if Col Gandt had one more hour of game time the entire Union Cavalry might have been destroyed. The Union forces had occupied the high ground in the middle and controlled 10 of the 12 objective hexes. Meanwhile the Rebel forces had surrounded and isolated the entire Union force on turn 16. The Rebels were pressing in from all sides while the Union forces desperately tried to delay their advance. Col Gandt led the game in cavalry destroyed points but had lost quite a bit of artillery. The game came down to objective hex points. It was a good thing that the Union forces had finished off all of Mrs. Schwartz's pies or the Rebels would have certainly overrun the hill.

Brig Gen Shaw,
4th Brigade, 2nd Div,
XX Corps, AoC, USA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:58 am 

I would like to thank Ned for setting up the tournament. I also congratulate Doug Shaw for advancing to the next round - it is truly deserved!

Col Michael Gandt
3rd Cavalry Division "German Dragoons"
II Corps
ANV, CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:00 pm 

Congrats!

I also thank General Simms for his efforts with the tourney!

General Jeff Laub

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:27 pm 

High Tide is getting down to serious business nowadays. Out of 75 people in all 3 brackets that started, only 10 remain. Those 10 names are actually only 5 commanders and they are all Yanks (Brig Gen Shaw, Gen Laub, Lt Gen Thompson, Maj Gen Seger, and Maj Gen Ringbloom). You notice the heavy concentration of Eastern Theater and Army of the Shenandoah contestants left standing! Of course, Brig Gen Shaw from the Army of the Cumberland has something to say about who will be king of the hill.

CULP’S HILL BRACKET (Phases)
The finals are underway between Brig Gen Shaw (the Union #1 seed) and Gen Laub (the Union #2 seed).

CEMETERY RIDGE BRACKET (Turns with separate Melee Phase)
The semi-finals are underway with Brig Gen Shaw (the Union #1 seed) again facing Gen Laub (the Union #3 seed) and Lt Gen Thompson (the Union #2 seed) facing Maj Gen Ringbloom (the Union #8 seed).

ROUND TOP BRACKET (Turns)
The semi-finals are underway with Brig Gen Shaw (the Union #1 seed) facing who else but Gen Laub (the Union #3 seed) and Lt Gen Thompson (the Union #2 seed) facing Maj Gen Seger (the Union #9 seed).

These people deserve a drink for getting this far. Put ‘em on my bar bill, Bartender. C'mon Bartender, don't embarrass me here - we can discuss last month's bill later, can't we.

Lt Gen Ned Simms
High Tide Tournament Director

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:20 am 

Congratulation Gentlemen:

Of course they are all supporters of the Union! What? You were expecting a Reb to be in the finals?

BG Ken 'Muddy' Jones
5th Brig/3rd Cav Div/XVI Corps/Army of Tennessee
USA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:36 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by laubster22</i>
<br />Happy to report a Yankee victory in my match versus General Mallory - those carbines proved too hot to handle in our firefight! That, and General Mallory having some really bad luck on routing...[}:)]

General Jeff Laub
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Gentlemen,

I normally attempt to follow the tried-and-true cavalry adage of "Keep them mounted, keep them moving, and keep them hidden." In this case -- since I was facing "only cavalry" -- I dismounted in the open and tried to stand fast. My troopers saw the error in my judgment and took matters in their own hands - they mounted and began moving, until they were out of sight! [B)]

Bartender, a drink for General Laub!

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - General, 3/2/I/AotM (Club President & Cabinet Member)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10