American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:45 am 
Where are all of the shorter scenarios for HPS GB? The TS games have all sorts of shorter scenarios with smaller amounts of units engaged that can be completed relatively quickly without much time required per turn due to the small number of units, but in trying to find a similar scenario in HPS GB it was nearly impossible! There are, out of the 200+ scenarios in the main version, only about 10 or less that are under 50 turns (most over 100 turns?) and of those only one is made up of mostly infantry that I could find – the rest are mostly cavalry only engagements. Why aren’t there more descent scenarios around 10-30 turns that involve infantry? Or have I just not found them?

Speaking of scenarios, any word on blind scenarios for HPS GB? I know Dave is a busy man…

Regards,
Captain Alan Lynn
3rd Battery "Jacksonville Greys"
4th Div, II Corps, AoA
God bless <><

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:53 am 

This page will take you to Doug's designer notes, which at the bottom has a complete list of all the scenarios and the number of turns they consist of.

http://www.hist-sdc.com/getty/design.html

LGen. Hamilton
II Corps
ANV, CSA

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:00 pm 

I do agree, however, that there is a shortage of moderate size, moderate length, all-arms scenarios in CG. There's an abundance of big and long ones, and a handful of tiny and brief ones, but the medium ones are all cavalry-only affairs. I know because the most desperate search couldn't turn up a decent all-arms scenario in CG that would have served for a West Point training game, and so I ended up putting one together myself.

BTW anyone hear of Doug lately? I have been waiting for his game file since 10/24/2004. And just when I really had him in a tight place ...

Gen. Walter, USA
AoS / War College

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:33 pm 

I have gotten a couple short e-mails from him in the last couple of weeks. His work went into overdrive not long after GB came out, and he's just starting to see the light now.

One of the draw backs about us designers not being able to do this full time...alas... [;)]

LGen. Hamilton
II Corps
ANV, CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:58 am 

I know this is a bit of "it always looks easy to the person not doing the work", but wouldn't it be relatively straight forward to take a couple of the more popular BGG scenarios eg Out of the Mist and duplicate them as Campaign Gettysburg Games?

The older players would have the opportunity to discuss the relative merits of how the new game engine compares to the older one. Newer players who don't have the Talonsoft titles would had some history proven scenarios.

Lt Gen Bob Breen
Commanding 4th Bde, 2nd Div, VI Corps, AoS
"Where we lead, the Army follows" - VI Corps