American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:19 am 
General McBride,
I never said that Larry sent the apology and the request together in one communication, I merely said that he had apologized (which he has) and that he had applied for reinstatement (which he also did), and that he was turned away......All of these events are indesputablle facts.....I have in my email box (which I will be glad to forward to you at your request) Larry's apology to Mark Nelms and Mark Nelms acceptance of Larry's apology.....so there is no deception in my post.....I can prove what I say in this case.....I do understand that you may not be aware of the apology, so I am not accusing you of any deception, however, that does not mean that it did not happen.
For the record, I have not accused any cabinet member of any wrongdoing....I admit that I do believe that politicians should absolutely be held to a higher standard than the public as they are entrusted with the public trust, I believe transparency should be part of the process....I guess I have the attitude that if you can't stand the heat, don't take on the job....and yes, it does take someone special to do that job to the standards I believe are proper.....Regards, Hank

BG Hank Smith
Army of Georgia
Smith's Division CO
Carroll's Corp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:29 am 

Yes, Larry apologized to me personally but to my knowledge not to the Cabinet for any of his past behavior. I must say though that I'm disturbed that Larry would forward what I considered private e-mails between us to other officers.

General Mark Nelms
Union Chief of the Army
Cabinet Member

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:29 am 

This thread has gotten completely out of control.

<b><font color="red">Please refrain from any further posting on this thread and cool off.</font id="red"></b>

If I had the power I would delete this thread.
May the powers to be consider taking this thread down.

General Passmore

Willie Passmore

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:18 pm 
"There are a lot of posts in this thread about or implying , whether that was their intention or not I took it that way, that we are some kind of secret group trying to ruin this club."

Mark,
If you were (and I am not saying you were, as I do not know) speaking of my posts on this thread then you definatly made the choice to take what I was saying entirely incorrectly..... In fact, on a personal basis regarding ya'll, I believe I was very positive with those of you I know....in your case, especially so, as I have always thought highly of you....For the record folks, I played Mark one game of Corinth on the Chancellorville Mod, he massacred me (worst whipping I have ever taken), I had several games going at the time and had some personal and buissiness problems and dropped off the map for a while....My memory is a bit vague (it was several years back) but I believe he posted the game in a falsly charitable result to me......I believe I protested that he did so.....but he chose to be charitable anyway....So I know Mark is a good guy....
I will also say that don't think that you are the only ones that take heat. I started the "Fight The War" campaign and Larry and I now run it together as most of you know......Most of the time, I am treated with respect for my efforts that I put forth for the enjoyment of the club membership.....but I have also been called "an arrogant *ss" for those same efforts (efforts for which I am paid precisely the same rate of pay you cabinet members recieve)....so I do understand your frustration there....
I have tried to be careful to make sure I have not implied things of the manner that you took....One particular individual has chosen to twist my words, slander me (perhaps unintentionally, perhaps slighly intentionally, as he never withdrew his wording), and now poke fun in an extremly rude fashion.....but remember, just because he twisted what I said, does not make his disinformation campaign factual....I generally support your (the cabinet)efforts, and in general think ya'll are doing a good job.....I don't agree on every topic. However, I don't think that is a requirement, as I doubt all decisions are unanamous even in the cabinet....I wish you the best and thank you all for your efforts. Good luck to you, Hank Smith

BG Hank Smith
Army of Georgia
Smith's Division CO
Carroll's Corp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:29 pm 
Mark,
The things Larry did were all I ever have claimed that he did.....indesputable facts......As for the emails, do you really think I would open my mouth without reasonable proof and documentation....I am not that trusting, if I am going to fight for someone, I want to KNOW that I am right....Is forwarding documentation of what he was saying any different than posting his request for reinstatement on the thread? Just so you know, I do NOT think that was improper either....so I am not accusing General McBride of any wrongdoing....Hopefully, things will settle down soon, but somehow I doubt it......Regards, Hank

BG Hank Smith
Army of Georgia
Smith's Division CO
Carroll's Corp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:48 pm 

Sorry Gen Passmore.

There have been something like 73+ replies to this topic and 1205+ viewing and NOTHING has been accomplished.

I am not new to clubs, nor new to cabinets. I am new to THIS cabinet and I have, along with the other members, spent considerable time and ink (so to speak) on this subject of Larry Quick's reinstatement.

The ball for his reinstatement is in the hands of Larry Quick.

It is apparent that Mr. Quick wants to ride the waves of public sentiment back into the club. Yes, the post by Gen Don Golen and a few others posts did cause the cabinet to discuss the reinstatement of Larry Quick, as was stated in a message by Gen Mark Nelms. In that message, Gen Nelms said (and don't hold me to exact quotes) (well, I decided to quote it directly) "However, the Cabinet is not prepared to pursue this appeal process through a public forum. As we would ask any other member who was expelled and wanted reinstatement, we require a letter to members of the Cabinet on why we should consider his request for reinstatement and giving us some assurance that we will not see a repeat of past behavior."

That sure is clear enough for me. What words about "through a public forum" isn't understood. Obviously, Larry Quick is well aware of the post by Gen Golen, as he replied to it, but there has been no reply by Larry Quick to the message from Gen Nelms, specifically, for Mr Quick to ask for reinstatement to the cabinet members, via email.

Therefore, all this verbiage is so completely unneeded and unwarranted.

There are a some personal vendettas being waged in this thread and most of it has nothing to do with Larry Quick. Absolutely nothing.

So, to further emphasize the request of Gen Passmore, let this thread cease.

Is anyone so naïve to think that many of these replies are furthering the cause of Larry Quick? I hope not, so let's stop muddying the water, stirring the pot and desist.

The cabinet is NOT keeping Larry Quick from the club; Larry Quick is not complying with the request for an email, for his reinstatement.

<b><font color="gold">Ernie Sands
LtGen, CO XXIII Corps, AoO
ACWGC Cabinet member
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:06 pm 
Gentlemen of the Cabinet,
I will simply say that Larry intends to comply with the required cabinet letter.....He is simply trying to make sure he is getting everything "right" in his request.....He does not take this situation lightly, and knows his fate is in your hands.....so he wanted to make this (likely his last shot at reinstatement) a true sincere best effort, since this is extremely important to him.....I feel confident you will indeed hear from him soon....BTW, Larry may be upset with me for this posting this as I did not have his permission....Regards, Hank

BG Hank Smith
Army of Georgia
Smith's Division CO
Carroll's Corp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:29 pm 

Yes Hank. That would be great if we heard very soon from Quick.

As you are aware we were called to task when we failed to post here in under 48 hours. Being that there was seven of us and getting a consenses via email is slow and cumbersome among seven people, I would think one individual should be able to better our response time considerably. This has already been in Larry's hands longer then 48 hours.

Larry knows our email addresses are easily available on the club's website.

Gen. Doug Burke
Cabinet Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:48 pm 

Mark,

I don't want to see any of the communiques, but if they are available then when problems arise concerned individuals could go look for themselves. It may use up all the engery they have about an issue, or they may find the answers to thier questions.

I think full disclosure (except for cheating allegations) is the second best remedy to club problems.

The first....well no cabinet, no points awarded for games, no army structures. Just have an electronic wargame club similar to those local clubs mininature gamers have.

Two rules. Be polite. Use you real name in either your user name or signature block.

People could come to the forum (club) and ask for games and chat about anything. If players wanted to adopt a personna for role playing that's fine. If players wanted to maintain webpages for their own joy, that's fine. No club structure, no leaders, no followers only equals. No armies, no promotions (except self promotions if the person so desired), no medals (except those award by individuals to themselves or others.) No tracking of games (except by any so inspired individual on a voluntary basis ... voluntary to keep track and voluntary to let that person know anything.)

No club structure, only a forum for people to talk about the games, the era, and themselves. Like a local game club.

That would take all the admin time away from those doing it now. That would take away all the stress of those busy trying to maintain balance through regulation. IMO, enjoyment level would go back up, since those people you want to game against would actually have time to game instead of doing club paper work.

MajGen Al 'Ambushed' Amos
3rd "Amos' Ambushers" Bde, Cavalry Division, XX Corps, AoC
The Union Forever! Huzzah!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:12 pm 
Al,
I came to this club from the CWG2 club.....I must say that you pretty much described that club in your post just now.....and we never had the problems I have seen in this club....there was one major rule difference......almost nobody used their actual names.....the vast majority adopted the name of one of their heroes from that time in tribute to them....that is usually the name we knew them by....While this was not always the case, it was the general custom......My name came from my original "Grand Campaign" game.....I was in the role of Jefferson Davis hence Jefferson H(Hank) Davis, while my wife was Abraham S. (Stephanie)Lincoln.......That is how I adopted my name.....those were some good times........I was truly stunned and in culture shock when I first came here and was publicly admonished on the forum for that name.....I decided to keep my name anyway, and I have to this day.......There are still many persons in that club I really miss....I do not mean to downgrade this club which is also a good one with many sincere members.......I do believe most folks (with a very few obvious exceptions-and I do not include any cabinet members in the exceptions) wish both myself and the club well.....it is my sincere hope that the club prospers in the future, and I will assure you of one thing.....I will definatly vote in the next election.....After all, I have to offset whatever vote Bill Peters casts!!!!! LOL! Regards, Hank Smith

BG Hank Smith
Army of Georgia
Smith's Division CO
Carroll's Corp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:28 am 
"Hank - I dont know - how long have you had this paranoid reaction to authority?

But Be there is comfort for you - just because you are not paranoid doesnt mean that they are not after you! I would expect that by now the Cabinet that you feel is in office has already dispatched men in unmarked cars to watch your house (hey, is that really an ice cream truck outside your house or is it Den McBride in disguise?

Watch out Al and Hank, the Cabinet right NOW could be making notes about you and filing them away! You might become part of their secret nuclear test plan.

I really advise against telling them the city you live in. I mean they might wipe you right off of the map!

Hmm, lets see .... Al is in Tulsa, OK and Hank is ...

Ok - would someone tell the John Birch Society to add in their plug? I might be able to get Randy Weaver from Idaho to make a statement too.

Hey, did you guys hear the latest? The Cabinet has secrety been hiding aliens now for over five years! It seems that a deal was cut. The Cabinet gets the alien technology and in exchange the aliens get Al and Hank!

I just wrote the Cabinet to turn down the deal. After all if the aliens were to ACCEPT Al and Hank what kind of technology could they possibly have that we dont have already?

Just because you dont fear the Cabinet guys doenst mean that they are not after you!

Just some Sunday afternoon humor to liven up the joint.

These kind of inneuendos just get too old.

Why the next thing you know someone will suggest that the Cabinet is going to cause the gas prices to go higher. And I just left California too (its 25-30 cents higher per gallon there than in Boise, ID).

Col. Peters, 3rd Brigade
2nd Cavalry Division, II Corps, AoA"

Mr. Peters,

This post, combined with other slander and false allegations force me to formally ask you for a retraction and public apology! You have gone FAR past the proper behavior of an officer! I have at all times kept my posts civil and truthful, and attempted to refrain from insulting you.....your behavior has been something quite different....I will and hereby do publicly withdraw my statement to you that "you have no honor" that I sent you in a private email, you indeed may have honor. You have failed to show me that honor. I will change that statement to "You have behaved, in my opinion, in a manner without honor with regards to your behavior on this thread".
If I were paranoid of the cabinet, would I have ever posted on this topic, which I do know is an uncomfortable one for them? Of course not! So in effect, you quoted post is both insulting to myself and Al, and further slander of my character! I await your reply! Hank Smith

BG Hank Smith
Army of Georgia
Smith's Division CO
Carroll's Corp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:23 am 
Site Admin

Ok Guys <b>enough is enough.</b> Please do not post anymore on this thread.

This is for everyone.

I am being pressure by many members telling me and the Cabinet to delete this thread.

I have to react to complaints as it is my and the Cabinets job to keep a semblance of order in the club.

Any further posts will have consequences.

I knew it would lead to this when asked General Golen to do something about it. His original post was great but alas they always get spoiled somehow.

Best Regards,

General Pierre D.
1/3/I, AoG
President, ACWGC
Cabinet Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:58 am 

post [:p]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:01 am 
dumb [:p]

Ah, the joys of being critical when you want and then flippant when it suits; accountable to no one but yourself. Locked.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Al Amos</i>
<br />post [:p]

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Gen. Den McBride
ANV, C.S.A.
ACWGC Cabinet Member