American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:40 am 

You can play be email from the game's exe. When it starts, select the module you want to play. The game will start and it will open a dialog box asking for a scenario. Click cancel. Then click Special on the top button bar and check Play by Email. Then you can click File, Open and select the game file. This is the same method you use to play the custom scenarios for BG.

Here's my .ini file:

[Install]
sounds=D:\BGG\
videos=D:\BGG\
cdrom=3
[Options]
rules=4095
intro=1
prompt=1
beep=1
blink=1
smooth=1
sound=1
music=1
video=0
icons=1
faces=1
outlines=0
save=1
initial=3
last=0
auto=1
complete=0
highlight=0
encrypt=1

This is of course for Gettysburg. Use NOTEPAD and paste this into it. Save as bgg.ini and place it in your Windows directory. Do the same for the other titles bgn.ini, bgs.ini, bgw.ini, bgr.ini, nir.ini, ptw.ini. Use this list but change the directory as needed. Also change your CD drive letter as needed.

For some reason my bgn.ini says encrypt=0 and rules=132, so change them accordingly for bgn.ini.

There is an additional line:

[Video]
bits=32

in bgw.ini and nir.ini and ptw.ini.

I'm not sure what the cdrom=3 means. It may be a numbering for drives in your computer, so try different numbers if it doesn't look in the right drive.

You should be able to run the patch only if you execute it in the games directory or it cannot find the executable to patch. so place the Antietam patch in BGN and then run it, and so on. It failed for me too until I did that.

Chickamauga is a different animal because it was already 32-bit and it writes to the registry.

Major General Dirk Gross
XIV Corps/AoC

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:46 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dirk Gross</i>
<br />You can play be email from the game's exe. When it starts, select the module you want to play. The game will start and it will open a dialog box asking for a scenario. Click cancel. Then click Special on the top button bar and check Play by Email. Then you can click File, Open and select the game file. This is the same method you use to play the custom scenarios for BG.

Here's my .ini file:

[Install]
sounds=D:\BGG\
cdrom=3
[Options]
rules=4095
intro=1
prompt=1
beep=1
blink=1
smooth=1
sound=1
music=1
video=0
icons=1
faces=1
outlines=0
save=1
initial=3
last=0
auto=1
complete=0
highlight=0
encrypt=1

This is of course for Gettysburg. Use NOTEPAD and paste this into it. Save as bgg.ini and place it in your Windows directory. Do the same for the other titles bgn.ini, bgs.ini, bgw.ini, bgr.ini, nir.ini, ptw.ini. Use this list but change the directory as needed. Also change your CD drive letter as needed.

For some reason my bgn.ini says encrypt=0 and rules=132, so change them accordingly for bgn.ini.

There is an additional line:

[Video]
bits=32

in bgw.ini and nir.ini and ptw.ini.

I'm not sure what the cdrom=3 means. It may be a numbering for drives in your computer, so try different numbers if it doesn't look in the right drive.

You should be able to run the patch only if you execute it in the games directory or it cannot find the executable to patch. so place the Antietam patch in BGN and then run it, and so on. It failed for me too until I did that.

Chickamauga is a different animal because it was already 32-bit and it writes to the registry.

Major General Dirk Gross
XIV Corps/AoC

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Also, sounds=D:\BGG\

needs to be changed to BGN or whatever, before saving. If your CDROM drive is NOT "D", change to the correct letter.

The CDROM =3 means drive "D" and 4= "E", etc.

<b><font color="gold">Ernie Sands
LtGen, Commanding, Army of Ohio
ACWGC Cabinet member
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:15 am 

Well, I found out that encrypt means pbem encryption and the 0 or 1 means off/on. Still not sure what the rules=132 means in my bgn.ini file. Anyway, you can test whether your game is seeing the corresponding .ini file by changing the options in the game, closing it, and see if the option changed in the .ini file.

Major General Dirk Gross
XIV Corps/AoC