American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:19 am 

Dispatch from Union Headquarters, Office of Public Affairs

To: Union Army Officers

Gentlemen,

In a ceremony earlier this week, Major General Mark Wolken relieved General Simone Tombesi as commander of the Army of the Tennessee. Twenty one guns were fired (south, of course![:D]), a ball was held, and a grand time had by all.

In recognition of General Tombesi's superior leadership of his Army, General Jeff Laub presented him with the Outstanding Service Medal and thanked him for his leadership and valor.

Signed by order of

General Jeff Laub
Union Chief of the Army
ACWGC Cabinet Member
http://www.geocities.com/laubster22/UnionHQ/

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:32 am 
A ball was held?

I didn't know you blue bellies had balls. [:D]

Congrats to Mark. Let's see... I've now lost at least one battle to two Yankee army commanders - Jeff and Mark. Who am I missing so that I can make it a clean sweep? Wouldn't want to ruin my perfect record. [;)]

Regards,

Brig. Gen. Alan Lynn
2nd Div, II Corps, AoA

God Bless <><

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:17 am 

Good job for all your service Simone!! [:)]

Congrats to Mark!! Oh great does that mean now you and Dave will be making all your personal scores settled by your armies....[:P]

General Mallory get me the brandy, pray I feel sick.....[;)]

<center>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<b>Major General Scott Ludwig</b>
Commanding Officer, III Corps
Army of Northern Virginia
"The Army Commissary" and "The Traveling Blowhard of Virginia"
Retried ANV Commander 2004-06

http://www.networkforgood.org

I am loath to close. We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory, stretching from every battlefield and patriot grave to every living heart and hearthstone all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.

-Abraham Lincoln, 1st Inaugural Address

[url="http://napoleonicwargaming.com"]Napoleonic Wargaming - 1NWCG[/url]</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 1:56 pm 
<i>Oh great does that mean now you and Dave will be making all your personal scores settled by your armies....</i>

Hmmmm.... what a great idea, Scott!

Congrats, Mark!

MG(SS) Dave! Bowman
COMCSAANV
<center>Image</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 3:27 pm 

Location: Mukilteo, Washington, USA - 25 miles north of Seattle
<font face="Andale Mono"><font color="pink">Generals Tombesi and Wolken Sirs! <salute>

Congratulation to both of you for this change of command! Simone, I have enjoyed your running battle accounts of your Army for the past 17 months. I believe that it is a great way to give your Officers some recognition on an on going basis. As I happen to be battlin against a number of your Officers my name appears quite often, sadly on the losing end!

Mark, I and most everyone else in the Club have been watching your brilliant raise thru the Union ranks as your battle field prowess is becoming legendary! Now you have the added responsibilities of an Army Commander! I look forward to seeing what next you will bring to the table. LOL!

Regards,

</font id="pink"></font id="Andale Mono">

<font color="pink">Nick Kunz
[img]C:\FrontPage%20Webs\Content\library\vol_1\v1p2_files\CsaGenStaffB.gif[/img]
Lieutenant General
Commandant, VMI
Confederate States of America</font id="pink">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:05 pm 

General Lynn Suh,

Them yankees have balls, but you can't see em. Cause they match the color ( Colour, correct spelling if you live north of the border) of their uniform. BLUE BALLS [:p]

Respectfully,

Col. Gery Bastiani
33rd NC Inf. Regt.
II/2/4 AotM

"Let us pass over the river and rest under the shade of the trees" -Stonewall Jackson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:51 am 

How especially satisfying that the Rebel army is the only group to post congrats for these two fine gentlemen. Someone should speak to the man at the top and tell him to motivate his troops to get on out here![B)]

General Jeff Laub
Union Chief of the Army
ACWGC Cabinet Member
http://www.geocities.com/laubster22/UnionHQ/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:01 am 

Major General Wolken Sir,

My congratulations on your new command. We in the Army of the Cumberland salute you and our much respected 'flanking' army...

AOT does the marching and AOC does the <i>fighting</i>...

[:p][:D][:X][^]

Brig. Gen. Philip Roubaud
First Division
XX Corps
Army of the Cumberland

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:31 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Scott Ludwig</i>
<br />Oh great does that mean now you and Dave will be making all your personal scores settled by your armies....[:P]
<b>Major General Scott Ludwig</b>
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

General Ludwig,

Isn't that the way it always is? "A rich man's war and a poor man's fight" and all that.

By the way, sometimes it's NICE to be at the top [:D] !

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - General, Chief of the Armies, Confederate States of America & Cabinet Member
CCC - Ensign, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Deaprtment, Colonial American Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:35 am 

On behalf of the 1st Division of V Corps of The Army of the Potomac, Congrats!

Major General Don Golen

Army of the Potomac, Union!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 12:42 pm 
Gentlemen of the North and South,

Please join me in raising a toast to the outgoing Commander of the Army of Tennessee. Gen Tombesi has been my Commander the vast majority of my time in this exceptional Club. I am honored and humbled to be asked to follow him in this command.

As I trooped the line and reviewed the Army on parade, I noted grizzled veterans and eager young commanders straining to be let loose on the southern insurectionists. These are harderned western men, set to get the job done who don't worry about the press and platitudes that the pretty eastern armies receive. Many will not be with us in body when put down the rebellion once and for all, but their sacrifice will not be forgotton.

Commanders of the XVth and XVIth Corps, ready your men, orders for a renewed offensive will be coming soon.

Men of the Cavalry Division: While I leave you for a higher post, you will not be forgotten. You are the eyes of the Army and the tip of the spear. You will see action soon.

To my southern Opponents: Do not fear. I will lead this Army from the front. I don't plan on slowing down at all in my battles with anny of you at all. And yes there could very well be a tussle between the AoT and ANV in the near future. Jest gimme a bit of time to get this here Army organized.

Three cheers for Gen Tombesi.

Your Humble Servant,

MajGen Mark E. Wolken
AoT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:01 am 

As the grizzled general sits his horse surveying the battlefield a rider gallops up on a lathered horse. "Message from Washington general". As his aide opens the dispatch the general issues orders as he tries to pull together his scattered commands.

Looking over the dispatch the young lieutenant grimaces, knowing the general's reaction he says, "Sir, Washington wants to know why you haven't sent a congratulatory message to Gen Wolken on his medal and Gen Tombesi on his new command." Sure enough the old man's face turns bright red and a string of curses that would cause the young man's preacher back to home to cringe spew forth from the general. His rage spent the general tells the aide, "Those Washington bureaucrats need to get out in the field more. Here I am up to my neck in rebels when they told me I shouldn't have any trouble taking New Madrid and they want to know why I didn't attend a party. Alright lieutenant, send Gen Tombesi and Wolken my compliments and tell Gen Laub I'll do my best to make his next party, provided I'm not on my way to Andersonville tomorrow."

Gen. Ken Miller

Army of the Shenandoah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:28 pm 
Gentlemen,

Let me thank Gen. Laub for his help he always granted to me and the Army of the Tennessee in the past months.

I know Gen. Wolken since his arrive in this glorious units as a junior officier.
From those days he did a lot of steps into the ranks of the Tennessee's volunteers and after each steps there was a Major Victory on the field!
I'm sure he will be an excellent commander and a good reference point for the veterans of the Army and for the new recruits!

Good luck Gen. Wolken!

General
Simone Tombesi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 4:31 am 
Gen. Tombesi,

It was an honor, Sir, to serve with you.

Dale
Col. Dale Henken
2/1/XVI AoT