American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: AACW - Reb Opponent
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 7:33 am 

Hi All:

I am brand new to the club. Just graduated from training a week ago and I am looking for my first game. I am looking for a full campaign game for Ageod's American Civil War. Looking for a stout man in gray to play under the following suggested rules:

Historical leaders and attrition withe the long delay, my standard game with no house rules and one leader or Army HQ redeploy per turn.

I can host or you can host your choice.

I primarily joined the club to find some outstanding opponents for this wonderful game and I know that a lot of you Johnny Rebs are ready to drive me and my blue boys all the way back to Canada! [8D]

So if you fancy a game give me a holler here on the board or email me directly. Looking forward to meeting you all and having fun here in the club.

1st Lt. Mark van der Hagen
2/2/XIV/AoC

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:50 pm 

Location: Mukilteo, Washington, USA - 25 miles north of Seattle
<font face="Book Antiqua"><font size="4"><font color="beige">Lt van der Hagen Sir! <salute>

Mark, from your last name I would be guessing your family is from Holland? I am surprise that a member of the Lone Star State has joined the Boys in Blue, certainly not the norm for a good Southern Boy! What did the Yankees promise you, plenty to eat, shoes and a good uniform to wear?

Well I will have to leave it up to one of my fellow comrades in Grey to show you what it is to be a Reb as I don't currently have that gaming title. But you ever git one of the HPS Campaign games then put me down for a battle! Welcome to the Club as we are always lookin for some new whuppin blood!

<font color="pink">Mark, I just love this Club, folks from around the world and we get our fair share here. Okay, Union Blue it is for a member of the 1,000 lakes state! I look forward to an engagement with you.</font id="pink">

Regards,
</font id="beige"></font id="size4"></font id="Book Antiqua">

<font color="limegreen"><font size="4">Gen Nick Kunz
Commanding
3/4/II Corps
Army of Georgia</font id="limegreen"><font color="orange">
Chief of Engineering
VMI & CSA</font id="orange"></font id="size4">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:49 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by warbison</i>
<br /><font face="Book Antiqua"><font size="4"><font color="beige">Lt van der Hagen Sir! <salute>

Mark, from your last name I would be guessing your family is from Holland? I am surprise that a member of the Lone Star State has joined the Boys in Blue, certainly not the norm for a good Southern Boy! What did the Yankees promise you, plenty to eat, shoes and a good uniform to wear?

Well I will have to leave it up to one of my fellow comrades in Grey to show you what it is to be a Reb as I don't currently have that gaming title. But you ever git one of the HPS Campaign games then put me down for a battle! Welcome to the Club as we are always lookin for some new whuppin blood!

Regards,
</font id="beige"></font id="size4"></font id="Book Antiqua">

<font color="limegreen"><font size="4">Gen Nick Kunz
Commanding
3/4/II Corps
Army of Georgia</font id="limegreen"><font color="orange">
Chief of Engineering
VMI & CSA</font id="orange"></font id="size4">

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

General Kunz Sir! (salute)

My current residence is misleading. I do currently reside amongst you Texas Rebels but I am originally from Minnesota hence the wearing of the blue. I must remain faithful to those brave Minnesota boys that gave their all on that fateful July day at Gettysburg when they fell almost to the man but saved the Union center that day....

Also you are correct my Grandfather came from Holland at the turn of the last century as an infant and the family settled on a farm in central Minnesota.

I may just have to get an HPS campaign game. I would love to have the honor of meeting you on the field of battle. I will let you know if I do buy one.

1st Lt. Mark van der Hagen
2/2/XIV/AoC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]