American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:12 pm 
Lt General Simms,
Ned,

Now Sir... you're not going to let Major General Thompson deceive you with all his lies, are you?

I mean after all... anyone that truly knows me would <u>KNOW</u> that I am the most hard-headed cuss that ever lived! If it weren't so... I'd surely be dead already due to the many wicked tumbles out of the saddle that I've experienced since I became a Cavalry Officer! But I always come right back up... as sassy as ever!

So the very thought that anyone could subdue me by beating me on the head with a pistol is quite ridiculous. I mean after all, that cast iron skillet my wife has been clubbing me with for years far outweighs those little pea shooters them Yanks are sporting! [;)]

It was a pleasure to meet them Yanks... even though they have a tendency for great exaggeration.

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AoM
http://www.rogerhulinsky.com/index.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:37 pm 

Yes yes....I am afraid, that in his earnest desire to keep from embarrassing General Hulinsky, General Thompson MAY have exaggerated a TINY bit. General Hulinsky, using his ever faulty cavalry tactics, was spied circling Devil's Den Friday morning. We were able to lure him to a local eatery on the premise of free grub, (A sure way to Ft. Delaware, is through a reb's stomach.), and some mint ice cream...he never stood a chance...even after the $15 tip to the servant girl! LOL!

So yes, I am afraid that General Thompson has made up a story...as General Hulinsky, as usual, didn't put up much of a fight. He did use his one phone call to call and beg Mrs. Hulinsky to come and spring him...(Quite pathetic the way he carried on!), and again, she came through, and got him out of one of his messes.

A real treat though to meet Generals Hulinsky, and Denney. (George, I apologize again for bailing on you during the walk. Hope it was a good time.)

"We must decide. If it's the wrong thing, we'll find out soon enough, and can then do the other, but we must decide." US Grant

Major General Rusty Hodgkiss
VIII AoS

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:37 pm 

General Hulinsky <salute>

Sir, the probable reason claimed for beating you over the head with them pea shooters is they weren't loaded, lest they lose a toe or some other delicate appendage. Did you check their shirt pockets for a bullet? [:D]

My compliments,

Fld Lt Neal Hebert
4/1/I AotM (Bayou Devils)
Quartermaster, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:22 am 

Truly a trio of dashing officers. However,their uniforms are free of wrinkles and dust. I doubt if they were on the battlefield at all but in some den of iniquity.<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Hulinsky</i>
<br />General Kunz,
Nick,

Sir, I've come to report that the Fourth Cavalry Division's recon mission in the vicinity of Gettysburg, Pennsylvania was a stunning success. As luck would have it... my boys managed to capture two senior Officer's of the infamous Army of the Shenandoah. <pictured below>

<center>Image</center>

Sadly, these Union Officer's have been highly traumatized by the experience and as a result have been very uncooperative. In fact, they would not even share their names or the specific units that are under their command. I suppose that it's their desire to prevent the publication of their rather delicate situation in the Union Newspapers.

It was only after a few bottles of some fine Southern sipping whiskey and the promise that they could keep their pistols that they revealed their true identities. To the left of General Hulinsky... you see Major General Rusty Hodgkiss, the VIII Corps Cmdr and to the right of General Hulinsky... you see Major General Pat Thompson, Chief of Staff of the AoS.

I hate to say it, Sir... but I think we've delivered a knockout blow to the AoS even before the AoS versus the World Competition has even started. Of course, there's those in the AoS who say that the AoS is stronger with the removal of these two from command. That remains to be seen! [;)]

I'll be sending these Officer's to Andersonville to await exchange for a couple Confederate privates!

Warmest Regards,

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AoM
http://www.rogerhulinsky.com/index.html
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

BG Drex Ringbloom,
Cdr,2nd Div "Corcoran's Legion",VIII Corp
Army of the Shenandoah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:56 am 

Ah yes, Private Ringbloom, is it? [;)] Quite an astute observation. For your efforts, and after a long, somewhat heated discussion at VIII Corps HQ, we have decided that the Navy could use more men like you, and have signed the transfer papers. I believe that Admiral DuPont is looking for a few good men to scrub the hulls of his ironclads. Unfortunately, he will not be able to come off of station, and will need you to perform that task while the ships are at sea. We know that you will do a FINE job! I believe that they arer intending to field test some new fangled underwater breathing apparatus, so that holding your breath shouldn't be an issue. [8D]

Fear not, your division will be in good hands. [:D]

"General Sickles, this is in some respects higher ground than that to the rear, but there is still higher in front of you, and if you keep on advancing you will find constantly higher ground all the way to the mountains."
-Major General George Meade, Commanding the Army of the Potomac, July 2, 1863

VIII AoS
[img][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/mongohuey/generalhodge.jpg[/img]

[IMG]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:14 am 

Aye Aye, Sir ! After all, I did say you were dashing:)<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by RTHodge</i>
<br />Ah yes, Private Ringbloom, is it? [;)] Quite an astute observation. For your efforts, and after a long, somewhat heated discussion at VIII Corps HQ, we have decided that the Navy could use more men like you, and have signed the transfer papers. I believe that Admiral DuPont is looking for a few good men to scrub the hulls of his ironclads. Unfortunately, he will not be able to come off of station, and will need you to perform that task while the ships are at sea. We know that you will do a FINE job! I believe that they arer intending to field test some new fangled underwater breathing apparatus, so that holding your breath shouldn't be an issue. [8D]

Fear not, your division will be in good hands. [:D]

"General Sickles, this is in some respects higher ground than that to the rear, but there is still higher in front of you, and if you keep on advancing you will find constantly higher ground all the way to the mountains."

VIII AoS
[img][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/mongohuey/generalhodge.jpg[/img]

[IMG]

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

BG Drex Ringbloom,
Cdr,2nd Div "Corcoran's Legion",VIII Corp
Army of the Shenandoah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:59 am 

LOL!!! I knew you'd be a sport!

VIII AoS

[IMG]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:54 am 
Major General Hodgkiss,
Rusty,

Well dang, Sir! I sure like your new guidon! And I'm sure that the posting your picture all over the Tavern is probably going to scare away some of the local patrons... but it's Major General Thompson's ugly mug that really has me worried! [:(]

I must say that the grub and the mint ice cream was mighty fine... but I should have known something was up the moment we rode up to the place and it said "Friendly's" on the sign outside.

And who knew I'd be drugged by an Officer, who in his civilian life was in the medical field and that his wife (a nurse)would be a part of his evil plan! I don't even think the brightest of Confederate Officer would have suspected such low handed practices! Was the drug in the ice cream or in the hamburger?

I'm glad that my Misses was able to come up and save my bacon (again)! She's mighty handy in that area! I do tend to need a whole lot of looking after from time to time! [;)]

Sorry to hear about Brig. General Ringbloom's transfer to the Navy. I'm sure that is going to have a very negative effect on the battle that I am engaged in with him and several other Union Officer's. I could always count on old Drex jumping the gun and charging our lines in piecemeal fashion. If he is replaced... our chances of victory may become considerably smaller! [:p]

Warmest Regards,

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:57 pm 

Ah Mr. General Hulinsky, <salute>(How's that for some respect?)

I was actually misled in MY belief that you are the brightest of Confederate officers. What with you being able to pour pee out of a boot with instructions written on the heel and all...the drugs, (were in the ice cream by the way), must have led to your halucination that you would be able to help an old lady move out of her home in under 20 minutes...apparently, foraging has become lax in the old 4th Corps...perhaps you should stop by and see how we do it in the Shenandoah Valley. Surely one of our fine cavalry officers would be willing to show you the ropes.[8]

General...or..seaman first class Ringbloom, is currently working on a "land" battleship type weapon...I believe that he is using code name "tank" for his project to confuse and confound his enemies...he's soon to show you a new method of warfare...

Thanks...the new guidon has caused quite a commotion here..General Walter wants I should throw it out. LOL! As for the picture...those who's stomachs are not strong enough, maybe shouldn't be here anyway..I do dread the thought of General Thompson posting his picture on here...[8D]

Take care, and I'll see you on the fields of Tennessee!

VIII AoS

[IMG]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:52 pm 

Location: Mukilteo, Washington, USA - 25 miles north of Seattle
<font face="Book Antiqua"><font size="4"><font color="beige">Gentlemen! <salute>

I hardly know where to begin as there is such confusion which was the result of the chanced meeting at Gettysburg this past weekend. I am afraid that I must uphold Gen Hulinsky's version of the story as he is a Southern Gentlemen and well, ya'll is Yankees!

I know this is not going to come out right but I am going to risk it anyway. Gen Hodgkiss is just about the finest looking Yankee I have ever seen in uniform! So much so that I am sure that he has some southern roots in his family? Now then Gen Hulinsky is obviously a Southern, which you can tell just by the way he presents himself in the photograph.

On the other hand, General Thompson is more of your typical Union General Officer. Note the excess buttons on his tunic. He looks as if he has never left his tent.

General Hodgkiss, General Hulinsky is correct in his assessment of me and my fellow Officers from the Army of Georgia. Had General Hulinsky needed assistance he can always count on us to lead his Boys from the IV Cavalry Corps in to the fight!

On a side note, I enjoyed the picture and thought it to be most appropiate for the occasion, only wished that I could have been there to meet the 3 of you in person. Thanks for sharing.

Respectfully, </font id="beige"></font id="size4"></font id="Book Antiqua">

<font color="limegreen"><font size="4">Gen Nick Kunz
Commanding
3/4/II Corps
Army of Georgia</font id="limegreen"><font color="orange">
Chief of Engineering
VMI & CSA</font id="orange"></font id="size4">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:48 pm 

General Kunz,

At last a Confederate officer talking some sensible talk. Of course, the old Rebel IV Corps, is going to struggle with Corcoran's Legion from the AoS...probably best that General Thompson and I just let him go.

I too am upset that you weren't able to make it, even more upset that in my haste, I neglected to get a picture of General Denney. He was far and away the finest looking officer of the bunch. Again General Denney, I apologize for feeling unwell, and not being able to spend more time with you. After all, this was all your idea.

In all seriousness, I had a great time meeting everyone, and their respective commanding Generals. It would be our,(my wife, son and I's), pleasure to meet with any of you, anytime, anywhere again, reb and yank alike. I just hope that I didn't bore any of you too badly as I stammered on and on about the battle...and everything else under the sun!

VIII AoS

[IMG]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:59 pm 

Rusty,

No problem - I could tell you weren't feeling too well. The walk was a real treat, but I wasn't disappointed to find a few gates to pass through after my first encounter with climbing the fence. I hadn't been on that part of the battlefield other than driving on the roads that pass up and over Culps Hill. You definitely get a different perspective when you get out of the car and walk in the footsteps of the men who made the attack on the evening of July 2nd.

Enjoyed meeting you and your wife and son, and hope we can get together again one day. Hopefully we can get a TillerCon III organized for Nashville over the Memorial Day Weekend of 2010. Keep the date open.

MG George Denney
1st Division, VI Corps
Army of the Shenandoah
GDenney@aol.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:20 pm 

Hey George...

Sorry I missed you at Getty... meant to drop you a note.
Would have been good to meet... Sorry we didn't all get together...

Maybe next Gettysburg trip... my wife is ready... if she can stand the plane flights... lol

Major General Thompson
Chief of Staff
AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:05 am 

Pat,

Yes, sorry I missed you too. Maybe if we have a TillerCon III you can head east again. Enjoyed seeing your picture along with Rusty and General Hulinsky.

MG George Denney
1st Division, VI Corps
Army of the Shenandoah
GDenney@aol.com