American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:11 am 

Has anyone noticed that there is a Cold Harbor.oob file included in HPS Chancellorsville? I wonder how it got there and if the next, and perhaps final, ACW title will be the Overland Campaign.

AWC - Lieutenant General Bob "Stoneheart" Hughes
2nd Brigade, 3rd Division, IX Corps

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:40 am 
I would think that definatly meeans they are working on the Overland Campaign. However based on what I have heard, and what has been recently posted on this forum, that it will not neccessarily be the next title, nor will the next title be the last......Basicly they said that there are several more titles in the works....

BG Hank Smith
Army of Georgia
Smith's Corp Commanding

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:57 pm 

Location: Mukilteo, Washington, USA - 25 miles north of Seattle
<font face="Book Antiqua"><font size="4"><font color="beige">General Smith Suh! <salute>

Hank, have you noticed, nothing gets by these Yankee Generals![8D]

I figured that since most of the map work seems to be done, the overland campaign should be pretty easy to do. I love the Chancellorsville campaign so far.

Regards,</font id="beige"></font id="size4"></font id="Book Antiqua">

<font color="limegreen"><font size="4">Gen Nick Kunz
Commanding
3/4/II Corps
Army of Georgia</font id="limegreen"><font color="orange">
Commandant
Vicksburg Military Institute</font id="orange"></font id="size4">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:00 pm 

Gents,
noticed that not too long ago myself! I think it's pretty awesome, and probably a large hint drop from the design crew that Overland Campaign will be next, although I wonder why they chose to include it in Chancellorsville at all, instead of placing it in a Peninsula Patch where we could at least toy with making a battle using a map that has Cold Harbor on it.

Lt. Col. Nick DeStefano
4/4/IV/AotM
"Morgan's Kentucky Wolf-Pack Bde"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:26 pm 
Odds are the OOB wasn't done back when Peninsula was released....and who knows if the designer is the same......

BG Hank Smith
Army of Georgia
Smith's Corp Commanding

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:13 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Jefferson H. Davis</i>
<br />I would think that definatly meeans they are working on the Overland Campaign. However based on what I have heard, and what has been recently posted on this forum, that it will not neccessarily be the next title, nor will the next title be the last......Basicly they said that there are several more titles in the works....

BG Hank Smith
Army of Georgia
Smith's Corp Commanding

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I do not think many major campaigns are left to be covered. Perphaps the Valley campaigns of '62 or '64 could be done or Petersburg, but I do not see many possibilites beside the Overland Campaign.

AWC - Lieutenant General Bob "Stoneheart" Hughes
2nd Brigade, 3rd Division, IX Corps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:58 pm 

Gents,
the real question is: how many "campaign" themes can they do at this point? Valley Campaigns 1862 and 1864 would be a good stand-alone game, as there would be alot included in it. Likewise, Overland Campaign would be good. Petersburg, I think, would fall short, for depth although if they included the Pursuit to Appomattox it might be better.
Maybe a game with a series of small campaigns (actions against Charleston, actions in Florida, Cheat Mountain in 1861, etc.) it would probably take alot more work what with the very varied forces and maps involved, but still cool to see such things in a game.

Lt. Col. Nick DeStefano
4/4/IV/AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:07 am 
The Red River Campaign would also be a possibility......Bob, I was just relating what one of the designers recently said on this forum....I suppose they could do a siege of Charelston though I doubt that....I have a great idea for a well balanced Campaign....How about the March to the sea by Sherman.....That one would be great....lol....I'm almost sure they will do the Valley Campaigns.....

BG Hank Smith
Army of Georgia
Smith's Corp Commanding

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:22 am 

I was thinking the Red River campaign would be a good one. The two valley campaigns beg to be made, but apart from those (and I don't think the Red River campaign could support a whole game by itself, they'd have to add some others to it) I can't see many others. Sherman's march was largely unopposed, although that could be part of the "what-if" aspect to it, but how much fun can opposing Sherman's veterans with raw Georgia homeguards be? Not much if I don't miss my guess.

Lt. Col. Nick DeStefano
4/4/IV/AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:46 pm 

Bill,
isn't the Kentucky campaign (sorta) represented in HPS Chickamauga?
I agree a link from Peninsula to Antietam would be sweet though, being able to do all of 1862 in the east would be EPIC!

Lt. Col. Nick DeStefano
4/4/IV/AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:15 pm 
I was joking about Shermans March to the Sea, but I could likely whup the AI as the Rebs....lol.....

BG Hank Smith
Army of Georgia
Smith's Corp Commanding

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:02 am 

Isn't one of the teams working with John on a new Role Playing ACW game set in Andersonville? [:D]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:52 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by NickT65</i>
<br />I was thinking the Red River campaign would be a good one. The two valley campaigns beg to be made, but apart from those (and I don't think the Red River campaign could support a whole game by itself, they'd have to add some others to it)<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

There was another campaign in Louisiana prior to the seige of Port Hudson involving battles at Ft Bisland and Irish Bend. Since Port Hudson was left out of the Vicksburg Campaign, it would fit neatly in Red River. You could also throw in the battle for Arkansas Post (which actually fits the Vicksburg Campaign better) and Helena. You might even throw in Sabine Pass, where forty Irish rebs and a couple of heavy guns turned back a Yankee invasion of Texas.

For those interested in the fighting in Louisiana, Gen Dick Taylor's "Destruction and Reconstruction" makes interesting, if opinionated, reading.

MG Mike Mihalik
1/III/AoMiss/CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:49 am 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mihalik</i>
<br />[quote]<i>Originally posted by NickT65</i>
<br /> You might even throw in Sabine Pass, where forty Irish rebs and a couple of heavy guns turned back a Yankee invasion of Texas.

MG Mike Mihalik
1/III/AoMiss/CSA
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Would we recreate that one with each of the 40 Irishmen being a single unit on the screen?

What would their stacking limitation be?

Each hex represents 5 feet. [:D]

Regards,

Lt. Gen. Alan Lynn
CSA Chief of Staff
3rd Bgde, 3rd Cav Div, II Corps, AoA

God Bless <><