American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:19 am 
Have you noticed how nearly all Yankee forums require a Password? As if they are trading some vital gossip about who will wear what to the next Officer's Ball. I guess the Yanks must have plenty of things to be hiding in their closets or they wouldnt have such a lockdown on things. Our Rebel Taverns are open to all and we like having the occasional Yank to chat with. I'd encourage the Yanks to open theirs up also. Any Private Girl Talk can go on at the Parade Ground but leave the rest of them open to us Rebs so we can drink up and cause a bit of trouble. As it is I am not sure what is going on at the Winchester Arms but any locked door with Drex on the other side worries me. :wink:

In the meantime we Rebs will have to drink at our own taverns and ponder what goes on behind so many locked Yankee doors. I did hear one rumor about sheep but I hope it isnt true...

(all sarcasm - no angry emails please - I know how sensitive northerners can be :mrgreen: )

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:22 am 

They are AFRAID of us because we have Raided their taverns so much they don't have anything left for them to drink not even milk and I think we were ahead of them on the Tavern Raids - they take all the fun away...

General
Chief of Armies - CSA
ACWGC Cabinet Member

"Any people, anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable and most sacred right - a right which we hope and believe is to liberate the world. Nor is this right confined to cases in which the whole people of an existing government may choose to exercise it. Any portion of such people, that can may revolutionize and make their own of so many of the territory as they inhabit."

Abraham Lincoln
January 12, 1848.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:09 am 

Actually the order came from the Federal Bureau of Health because there seems to be a mange epidemic working its way up from the south and we aim to stop it at the Mason-Dixon Tavern. Besides the level of discussion in the Union taverns is on such a high order that Rebs would be at a disadvantage - and please leave our sheep out of this, Blake!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:35 pm 
Mange epidemic you say? No doubt coming from those pesky East Tennessee Unionists yall are so anxious to accomodate. I guess we should allow the Yanks their privacy to mourn their heavy losses without the prying eyes of us Rebs. They must find solace to lick their wounds... and their sheep... :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:58 pm 

I'm afraid that imagery escapes me but the only taverns that are private are the Winchester Arms(AotS) and the Gettysburg Arms (AotP) neither of which are wounded or about to be wounded. In fact they are more used to being the Wounder not the woundee. I am sure our comrades on the Cumberland will come back and get their "licks in".

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:13 pm 
I believe the decision to lock those taverns was purely based on financial considerations, the cost of fumigation after every reb visit was getting to be more than we had in the budget.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:27 pm 
Nonsense David, we Rebs are more than willing to pay the costs of all those broken barstools you overweight Yanks cause. But I guess since we continue to "confiscate" all your payrolls it must be getting hard up North to make ends meet. We can print you some new money if you need it :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:51 pm 
We already have plenty of reb money, we keep it in rolls in the bathroom. Wish you rebs would at least take the splinters out before you put it in circulation.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:59 pm 

And the Southern Raiders is closed because of ??. Maybe to contain the BO that permeates the air and causes all to almost suffocate. Of course, please accept these cigars to help you out. :?

You may return the cigars, but please wrap them in some maps. :wink:

ACWGC Records Site Admin

"If you do not know where you are going, any road will take you there."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:26 pm 

I've applied to one of their taverns, but haven't received a yes or polite no. Guess they don't know how to read.

1st Corp Naval Detachment
2nd Engineering Blte
AotM CSA

"If there is a shell or bullet over there destined for us, it will find us" - General James Longstreet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:42 pm 

Sirs . . .

Both sides need an area where they can discuss 'sensitive' issues and topics.

The Southern Raider forum is the CSA 's 'private' area.

The question posed is basically - what is the Yankee's pre-occupation with Passwording virtually EVERY US Forum/Tavern?

Seems to Me that Yankee Command believes that once one of their Men gets the faintest whiff of alkyhaul from a newly opened bottle . . . He's gonna blab all Their secrets out there in Public!!! :oops:

And let's face it Chaps . . . . some of those secrets are mighty embarassin'! :roll:

AoG

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:48 pm 

Enough kidding aside: General Carroll has, as usual, hit the nail on the head. The Winchester Arms is specifically for the AotS and we do discuss issues that need not spill over into the general arena, even other Union Armies. If we need to discuss issues that concern all the Union Armies, then the "parade ground and mess tent " is our forum. yes, some of these issues concern you Rebs and it would hurt the cause if the information exchanged were to fall into enemy hands. Unfortunately , we need our "space" as it were, and do not intend any offense,other than what is usual between enemies devoted to the pure destruction of the other.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:30 pm 

Or their afraid that one of their officers will come to his senses and resign his commission in the Union Army and join the cause against Northern Aggression :P You have your quiet spot, the Quartermaster. Ya'll are just afraid that well drink all your whiskey and take your women :lol: well on second thought you can keep your women I've seen what they look like on my tavern raids up north with General McOmish and you can't drink enough whiskey to take a Yankee women :P

1st Corp Naval Detachment
2nd Engineering Blte
AotM CSA

"If there is a shell or bullet over there destined for us, it will find us" - General James Longstreet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:25 am 
I sent my trustworthy Chief of Staff to the Yankee taverns to investigate and he reported a most disturbing cacophony from their premises:

Who's the leader of the club
That's made for you and me
M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E
Hey! there, Hi! there, Ho! there
You're as welcome as can be
M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E

Mickey Mouse!

Mickey Mouse!

My CoS will be on a two-day pass until he stops laughing. His description of DS Walter beating the drum while Joe Meyer twirled the baton was priceless.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:29 am 
I believe the fact that it bugs you rebs as much as it seems to is the best reason to keep them locked. :P