American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:39 am 
What an amusing thread! You see what happens when you Yanks come out from under your blankets and visit. Good little Yankees... good!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:54 am 

Why raid our taverns when you have this venue? Just pretend that the MDT is a Union Tavern like you pretend that you are winning this war. :wink:

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:28 pm 

Evolved Yankee Strategy and Tactics leaking from all those Tavern doors…heh…heh…heh; well, we get the tactical application of the locked door, but is the strategic purpose to keep Southern Gentlemen from getting in, or rather more to keep Yank officers and women from getting out?

1/3/III ANV

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:52 pm 

Just when you thought everyone knew their proper place and station, the Rebs decided that they didn't like the way the Yanks were conducting their forum communications! They were so upset that they sent a high-ranking delegation of officers right on in to Washington, D.C., to protest what they felt was unnecessary obstructionism to free speech. Dubbed the CSA WWW Contingent they angrily sat upon the steps of the Capital Building and refused to move until their complaints were heard. Unfortunately their were so upset that reporters could only make out their slogan chant of "WAH, WAH, WAH!"

Having publically made such a disgruntled spectacle of themselves they finally decided to go back from whence they came; but not before one of the Washington newspaper correspondents managed to capture this likeness of them.

Most observers felt that this display, while earnest and well-conducted, lacked any real chance of successfully admitting them to the Yankee forums. Local whit, Christopher Clapper, was heard to say, "I think all they wanted was to let off some steam and grab a few drinks at Willard's!"

Commander, Army of the Tennessee
(2011-2014 UA CoA/GinC)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:42 pm 

Esteemed Suhs!

I have followed this conversation with a growing sense of Shock and Awe! :shock:

Shocked I am at the pomposity of the Union contributions. :?

And in Awe at the heights of idiotic belief that Yankees still hold, that They are somehow superior in intellect by comparison with the Southern gentlemen attending. :roll:

The contributions from the South on this Topic have in the main, focused on the seemingly endless plethora of 'Drinking Establishments' established by the Union and the pathological nature of the Unionist need for Secrecy. :?

Quite simply put Suhs - it's pathetic. :oops:

A Southern Gentleman would never be interested in frequenting these Union dens unless it would be to

a) Re-decorate it.
b) Liberate the Booze before it turns bad.
c) Sneak a preview of the latest Embroidery Patterns the Auld Ladies of the Union Officer Corps are planning to display at their next Tea 'n' Crumpets review!!!!

Do Ye swap clever tactics in these éffete soirés? I doubt it . . . considering the inability of Your Officer Corps to capitalise on a freely given Gift of a couple of cigars and the entire Maryland Campaign Plans. Not indicative of a Cunning Wit or Lightning Thought Process . . now is it? :wink:

Do Ye drink manly amounts of booze? A Southern Gentleman drinks whisky from a Tumbler . . the Union Grunt (ahem! . . . Officer) - from a Thimble - usually Ma-Maws. (there's always a few spare thimbles handy, after the Embroidery Classes!) :lol:

And then . . . . Which true Southron would - by choice - park his Ass on a wage-slave lackey's splinterfest that passes for a chair or stool in a Union Cocktail Lounge?

Pshaw!

Keep your little secrets and long may they amuse Y'all . . . . .

Give Me a stump in a swamp, with a bottle of whiskey in one hand and a keg of beer in t'other anyday . . . . rather than that dirty water, served near a bottle of poncey aftershave, that a Northern 'Man' swigs down by the drop and calls an alcohol-fuelled night on the Rough! (Psst . . . . . don't Tell Ma-Maw!)

Real Men talk out loud and guffaw . . not like the North's behind hands whisperings and girly giggling.

Me Dear Auld Granny has more hair on Her chin than Y'all have on Your B.......... Rotfl!

Pat.

AoG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:48 am 
Gentlemen!

I accuse Gen. Meyer of the worst kind of treachory! He lies! That is no genuine picture of the Confederate High Command!

If it were real Gen. McOmish would be lying on the ground with a bottle in his hand :lol:

I can only suspect this is some sort of Yankee propaganda!

I do enjoy the wit coming from the Yankee side though. Its a welcome change from their usual dribble.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:12 am 

Joe Meyer wrote:
Just when you thought everyone knew their proper place and station, the Rebs decided that they didn't like the way the Yanks were conducting their forum communications! They were so upset that they sent a high-ranking delegation of officers right on in to Washington, D.C., to protest what they felt was unnecessary obstructionism to free speech. Dubbed the CSA WWW Contingent they angrily sat upon the steps of the Capital Building and refused to move until their complaints were heard. Unfortunately their were so upset that reporters could only make out their slogan chant of "WAH, WAH, WAH!"

Having publically made such a disgruntled spectacle of themselves they finally decided to go back from whence they came; but not before one of the Washington newspaper correspondents managed to capture this likeness of them.

Most observers felt that this display, while earnest and well-conducted, lacked any real chance of successfully admitting them to the Yankee forums. Local whit, Christopher Clapper, was heard to say, "I think all they wanted was to let off some steam and grab a few drinks at Willard's!"

Is it just me or does that guy in the lower left in the front look like he has his boots on the wrong feet? There's enough boot leather between all of them to make shoes for an entire division of Reb troops.....provided you could keep them from eating them first.

Union Military Academy Instructor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:07 pm 

eireb wrote:
Esteemed Suhs!

I have followed this conversation with a growing sense of Shock and Awe! :shock:

Shocked I am at the pomposity of the Union contributions. :?

And in Awe at the heights of idiotic belief that Yankees still hold, that They are somehow superior in intellect by comparison with the Southern gentlemen attending. :roll:

The contributions from the South on this Topic have in the main, focused on the seemingly endless plethora of 'Drinking Establishments' established by the Union and the pathological nature of the Unionist need for Secrecy. :?

Quite simply put Suhs - it's pathetic. :oops:

A Southern Gentleman would never be interested in frequenting these Union dens unless it would be to

a) Re-decorate it.
b) Liberate the Booze before it turns bad.
c) Sneak a preview of the latest Embroidery Patterns the Auld Ladies of the Union Officer Corps are planning to display at their next Tea 'n' Crumpets review!!!!

Do Ye swap clever tactics in these éffete soirés? I doubt it . . . considering the inability of Your Officer Corps to capitalise on a freely given Gift of a couple of cigars and the entire Maryland Campaign Plans. Not indicative of a Cunning Wit or Lightning Thought Process . . now is it? :wink:

Do Ye drink manly amounts of booze? A Southern Gentleman drinks whisky from a Tumbler . . the Union Grunt (ahem! . . . Officer) - from a Thimble - usually Ma-Maws. (there's always a few spare thimbles handy, after the Embroidery Classes!) :lol:

And then . . . . Which true Southron would - by choice - park his Ass on a wage-slave lackey's splinterfest that passes for a chair or stool in a Union Cocktail Lounge?

Pshaw!

Keep your little secrets and long may they amuse Y'all . . . . .

Give Me a stump in a swamp, with a bottle of whiskey in one hand and a keg of beer in t'other anyday . . . . rather than that dirty water, served near a bottle of poncey aftershave, that a Northern 'Man' swigs down by the drop and calls an alcohol-fuelled night on the Rough! (Psst . . . . . don't Tell Ma-Maw!)

Real Men talk out loud and guffaw . . not like the North's behind hands whisperings and girly giggling.

Me Dear Auld Granny has more hair on Her chin than Y'all have on Your B.......... Rotfl!

Pat.

I understand Gen. Carroll teaches Rebel Rhetoric and Hyperbole 101 at VMI. Joyce and O'Connor are rolling in their graves as Eireb continues the Irish tradition of unbridled verbosity while drinking a pint at the same time!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:42 pm 

Fellow Confederates can we please put an end to the discourse. As it happens I was given the password to both taverns when they first opened (do not ask how, but it did involve the liberal use of alcohol), so I can with some authority report the following observations:

1. Both places were dumps, poor finishings and ugly women
2. Both places were an intellectual vacuum
3. Both places had an offensive odor
4. The place where they discuss tactics was all about; are hexes actually square?
5. However both places do serve booze, so there was at least one positive feature

So gents don't bother as there ain't much to see 8)

Brigade Commander
Alabama State Volunteers
Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corps
(1/1/1)
Army of Tennessee

Confederate States of America

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:57 am 

Actually we no longer use passwords. Passwords are for Rebs. We're way more advanced now. :)

3/2/VIII Army of the Shenandoah
"... and keep moving on."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:15 pm 
Have the Yanks moved on to secret handshakes?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:30 am 

Gents,
This topic is such a source of amusement to me!

I don't really mind that the Yanks password all their "private" forums, although it'd be nice to stop in from time to time under a flag of truce and have some friendly drinks with "those people", but if'n we're not wanted well...you can lead a horse to water, but if he doesn't want you footing the bill you can't make him!

Seriously, though, the Northerners aren't especially known for their hospitality, which is why all but the most secure of Confederate forums will likely remain open to all members of either side (besides, you Yanks get drunk so easily, it makes stealing your wallets that much easier)

<salute>

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:57 am 

They probably don't want us to see their casualty lists printed under Civic Improvements.

What concerns me more is with 200 yankees in the closet, when they come out will there still be 200 yankee opponants or 100 yankee couples? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:37 pm 
100 Yankee couples, lol! Ouch... burn. I have no clue who the Outlaw Josey Wales is (no signature attached) but that was a good one.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:28 pm 

Confederate Gentlemen!

It has all become clear to Me . . . .

The Union is losing the War . . . . the Union Grunts have realised this and are deserting . . . . .

The Army of the Ohio comes to mind . . . and I believe that once upon a time there was a sixth US Army?

So - US High Command has devised a 'Cunning Plan' . . . . . .

Create literally DOZENS of 'Public Areas' . . . limit access to US Personnel only . . . . . and m'be the CSA will think that there's millions of Yankees 'over there' . . . .

Nice Try and I'll admit - it took a while to figger it out . . . . .

Off Yiz go Yankeeboys . . . hold hands to you personal delight - but, remember, only 1 couple allowed per tavern! :oops:

{Mmmmmmmmwahsmack!!!!! } :lol:

AoG

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next