American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:40 pm 
How did Meyer's Army of the Tennessee earn the right to declare their HQ is located at Memphis? We, the AotM, declare that we openly challenge that assertion! We intend to control this mighty river all the way north to Cairo, Illinois!

Therefore, on behalf of the AotM, I challenge any division of Meyer's Army to battle one of our finest divisions for the right to declare Memphis their Headquarters. Hebert's Gator Alley is poised to whip any division Meyer can scrape together to meet our challenge. The winner will earn the right to use Memphis as their HQ from this point forward.

Does any division in the AotT have the courage to stand up to our challenge? Or should we order new stationary now and move our HQ to Memphis unopposed? Gator Alley, the AotM, and I await your reply. :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:45 pm 

General Meyer's does not have his headquarters in Memphis. His headquarters is his saddle. However, I will see if I can round up a division.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:59 pm 
Well I suspect his headquarters is quickly fleeing North! The AotM therefore lays claim to Memphis as our new HQ location! Elvis's home has been liberated! A round of victory drinks and BBQ ribs on me! :D

We look forward to the fight, sir.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:44 pm 

Yep,heading north, that is what we are doing, you betcha. Go ahead and make your headquarters in Memphis. We will then be able to change the name of General Washburn's Escape Alley to General Strickler's Folly.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:24 pm 
<salute> :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:43 pm 

<salute> :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:58 pm 

rehartwig wrote:
General Meyer's does not have his headquarters in Memphis. His headquarters is his saddle. However, I will see if I can round up a division.

:/ You know it always amazes me that when Lee said about Pope (paraphrasing) that: "(Pope) had his headquarters where his hindquarters ought to be..." - that that alone would be cause enough to not be using the phrase: "headquarters in the saddle" - but rather, come up with a slightly less prone to derisive rejoinders, location for a headquarters....

-Now on the topic at hand ... you know... how about contest on game mechanics knowledge (for games the club supports)? Wouldn't a more informed club be a better club? (Pffts... who am I kidding.... lol ).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:00 pm 

SIR
The FIRST Division will be :D HAPPY to take the challenge :P

:twisted: MEMPHIS IS OURS :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:06 am 
Challenge accepted, sir! Our official representatives will call upon you at their earliest convenience.

Wait... surely not this ragtag of a division?! Trembley, Earls, Macnamara, Fitch, and Neil? Am I to understand this is all the AotT can throw against the finest Division of the Confederacy?!

I admire your moxie, sir, and I wish you the best of luck!

I may have to select another Division though as I would hate to see you so badly embarrassed by Gator Alley :wink:

Gentlemen.... let the battle for Memphis begin :!:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:37 pm 

Well done General McDonald! Go get 'em. Remember, they are the finest division in the Confederacy. Now the criteria for that moniker is a little fuzzy, but it usually involves the ability to drink the most. My suggestion is that you set a trap by leaving your medicinal spirits unguarded, and then when the rebs swoop in a whoopin' and a hollerin' (aren't they ALWAYS a whoopin' and a hollerin'?) you round them up. What ever you do, don't try and take the spirits away. You have seen a toddler's tantrum, haven't you? Well that is nothing like a southerners response when someone tries to get between them and their "medicine".

Gentlemen of both sides, Good Luck! The Memphis question shall be resolved on the field of honor.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:17 pm 
Now we know their plan! My army will have to sober up until this little brawl is over.

I guess we won't be seeing Cam around our HQ for a while :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:20 pm 

General Strickler <salute>

Suh, my compliments! I apologize for being late to the party, however we were previously occupied with some gentlemen from the AoC in the vicinity of Taneytown. As you are aware from our reports, we routed the Yankee army before noon of the second day for a major victory.

As events have unfolded, it seems our services are now required in the vicinity of Chickamauga Creek against some of our previous opponents. It is also reported that General Meyer, commander of the AoT, has a command. Nicodemus is already salivating at the opportunity!

I understand the III Corps has stepped up to represent the mighty Army of the Mississippi against the invaders, and I say "well done"! We are a fighting army, sir!

Your obedient servant,

CSA Cabinet Secretary

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:25 am 
The III Corps was actually disinterested at first. "We have whipped enough Yanks this year!" they complained. Then I let it slip that we would be fighting the AotT and the boys practially stumbled over one another in their rush to sign up!

Private Jones of the 2nd Tennessee actually remarked, "There's nothing more satisfying in this world than seeing Meyer's Army beaten and disgraced!" I promoted him to Corporal on the spot.

No love lost between our Armies :evil: