American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:26 am 

Gentlemen,

I want to thank John Dargan for serving as the Army Commander for the Army of Ala. I wish him great success in his new leadership roles.

It give me great pleasure to advise you all that we had two officers that wanted the position of Army Commander for Ala. The choices that we had were two leaders that has shown great leadership - BG Al Hovey AoA II/3/4 and Lt. Gen. Vern Pinkham AoA I/ / .

The Theater Commanders and I decide to go with Lt. Gen. Vern Pinkham as our next Army Commander for the Army of Ala. Please welcome him to the Command Staff (Jim Garner - please prepare orders for his new position with today's day on it.) Vern, you have some big shoes to fill but I am sure that you will be up to the task.

Gen. Hovey, Sir - I want to thank you for your willest to step up to serve. This shows that your heart is in the club. Please continue to do what you have been doing and I am sure that your day will come.

Thanks to all of you for your hard work...

General
Chief of Armies - CSA
ACWGC Cabinet Member

"Any people, anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable and most sacred right - a right which we hope and believe is to liberate the world. Nor is this right confined to cases in which the whole people of an existing government may choose to exercise it. Any portion of such people, that can may revolutionize and make their own of so many of the territory as they inhabit."

Abraham Lincoln
January 12, 1848.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:24 pm 
Gentlemen,

My thanks to Gen. Dragan for his service to the AoA and the ACWGC over the past years. As one of the most active gamers in the Club I can imagine he is anxious to spend more time on the battlefields and less in the command tent!

Congrats to Lt. Gen. Pinkham for his appointment as the new commander! I look forward to serving in the Western Theater High Command with you, sir. The AotM will seek to help our junior league Alabama neighbors as much as we can :wink:

I'd also like to second what Gen. Tisdale said about Brig. Gen. Hovery. I have always found him to be a real gentleman and a credit to this Club.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:00 am 

General Dragan Suh!

The Army of Alabama loses a fine Commanding Officer today, you will be sorely missed.
It had been my pleasure to serve under you when you were AoA III Corps commander way back in the day and to partner with you in several multiplayer games, we need to get another one of those games going this winter. <salute>

Lt. General Pinkham, Congratulations Vern, I know AoA is in good hands with you at the helm!
<salute>

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:33 am 

Congratulations to Gen Dragan and to LtGen Pinkham. <SALUTE>

Great to see BG Hovey stepping up to the plate.

ACWGC Records Site Admin

"If you do not know where you are going, any road will take you there."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:12 am 

I had the pleasure of working with Gen. Dragan for the AoA/AotS 2010 tournament, I would like to thank him for his service to the AoA and the ACWGC.

Lt.Gen. Pinkham and I have faced each other on many battlefields over the years, I'm sure he'll do a fine job as AoA commander, congratulations Vern.

The McKeesport Union Guard

3/1/II
AotP

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:16 am 

I salute General Pinkham on his transfer from the AoA 1st Corps to the Army Command. Many a great game has been played against AoA personnel and I expect that trend to continue under the new leadership. Thanks to all who were willing to serve.

John Dragan has always cast a big shadow of sportsmanship on the Rebel side and boy is he a great friend. I salute and thank him for his service and the occasional gifts he sends my way. Drinks all-around.

Army of the Tennessee
S = √ 30 x d x f + - e

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:36 pm 

Thanks for stepping up also Al! :)

Good service John! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:47 pm 

Congratulations to Lt. Gen. Pinkham and many thanks to Gen. Dragan for his service. My salute to Brig. Gen. Hovey for his willingness.

Commander, Army of the Tennessee
(2011-2014 UA CoA/GinC)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:22 pm 

Gentleman, Ahhh shucks.......thanks for the kind words......I know Vern will do a great job.....we all have confidence in him to do a great job.......Congrats in your new position.....

Gen John Dragan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:59 pm 

Gentlemen, It is with great honor that I make my bid to fill the shoes of Gen. Dragan. He has been a big help to me and I hope to be able to repay that forward. To you many Yanks that jumped in for a word or two. Y'all make my eyes teary - what with all those kind words. It almost makes me sad when I git a stompin' a goin' on one of you fellers. Hey - what am I saying. You Blue Devils have been havin'a ball rackin' up points on me. But I do enjoy a good battle. Thank you all for your votes of confidence. Please bartender - fill their glasses.