American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Gator Challenge
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:18 pm 

Gentlemen <salute>

It is indeed a sad day for the Union. The 2nd Division, I Corps, Army of the Mississippi has been searching for a Yankee division willing to meet in battle for 2 weeks now, with no takers.

We initially set our sights on the Army of the Tennessee, first in this forum and then resorting to visiting their own tavern to throw down the gauntlet. Nicodemus has even dropped by, taking the hand off of a doorman who tried to prevent his entry. Based on the lack of a reply we can only assume there are no fighting men in the AotT.

Gentlemen, is there no division in the Yankee army ready to accept a challenge for battle? We are ready to negotiate the terms of the competition, be it MP, round robin, whatever. We aim to fight.

My regards,

CSA Cabinet Secretary

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: Gator Challenge
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:24 am 
The Union is defeated! They can no longer stand up like men and accept the challenges we put forth! It is a glorious day for our Confederacy!

If General Meyer would like to formally surrender the Union Armies, unconditionally, we will accept and allow them to keep their sidearms and horses. I am not surprised by this development at all. I have seen it coming for a long time. The gradual decline and fall of the Union side has been a well-documented and studied thing from our side. In the end they were no match for our numbers, strength, and resolve. We watched as their numbers dwindled, their morale fell, and their backs turned yellow. Now they have not the courage to form a single division to defend their cause! If this isnt victory I dont know what is!

Long Live the Confederacy and Jeff Davis!

In case any Yankee Division would like to take a final stab at the finest division in the Western Confederacy before the formal Yankee surrender I will make this a "sticky" topic. We will see how long it takes for a handful of fanatical Yanks to organize a final desperate stand and try to defend their lost cause!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:15 pm 

General Strickler <salute>

I don't know that we're the finest, but we're working hard on being the most annoying :mrgreen:

CSA Cabinet Secretary

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:42 pm 

Gents I would prefer that the Union did not surrender for a few more years as I want to get full value for my HPS games :mrgreen:

Brigade Commander
Alabama State Volunteers
Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corps
(1/1/1)
Army of Tennessee

Confederate States of America

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:10 pm 

General McOmish <salute>

Suh, when I was notified that a rider had returned with a dispatch I thought the Yanks had finally found a few men of steel. We're not sure what to make of the situation. Have we whipped so much butt that they are now (dare say) afraid? Is General Strickler correct, and their unit colors are now yellow? Have they not heard of latrines? :mrgreen:

I see that you have posted with 2011, and Gator Alley offers it's hopes that you and yours enjoy a happy and prosperous new year. We stand ready to defend the honor of the Confederacy at your command.

Your humble servant,

CSA Cabinet Secretary

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:40 pm 

1st Division, VIII Corps, Army of the Shenandoah is looking for a scrap. I'm not sure that we have found one here but we'll take our chances. Just give us until next year to discuss a few things and we'll get right back to you.

VMI Class of '00

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:44 pm 

General Simms <salute>

Suh, a Happy New Year to you!

We are thrilled at the prospect of meeting a division of the Army of the Shenandoah in battle. I suppose whether or not you've found a "scrap" will be determined.

My regards,

CSA Cabinet Secretary

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:45 pm 

Gen. Hebert: Greetings and Happy New Years Day to you, Sir! It is only fair to warn you that you may have taken on more than you can handle. I have opened your pathetic plea for destruction up to the whole of the AotS. My 1st Division is already approaching you for battle but are you prepared for another attack by other Divisions of the VI Corps? How many battles can you handle? You better stand down now while your honor is still intact? ( Meanwhile can I offer you some Champagne on this New Years Eve?:) )

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:00 am 
Is that a semblance of manhood still left in the Union Armies?! Surely I must be mistaken! I thought we whipped it all out of them. Drex and Ned must need another dose of what we gave Pope and McDowell. Gen. Hebert... administer the medicine please, sir!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:51 am 

General Ringbloom <salute>

Suh, a Happy New Year to you and your command! We were begining to wonder if the entire Yankee army had stacked arms and returned to the safety of homes untouched by the aggression of meddling neighbors. My apologies, however we must reject your generous offer that we "stand down"; there is no honor or glory to be gained by that action.

Gator Alley will of course accomodate General Simms and his division, however if this engagement attracts additional forces I suppose we will have to defend ourselves. It may even be necessary to send word to the rear of a general engagement in the works with a request for additional forces if available.

My highest regards,

CSA Cabinet Secretary

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:38 am 

Generals Simms and Ringbloom <salute>

Sirs,

We officers of the "Gator Alley" Division welcome all challenges yet spurn the derision accompanied with such acceptances to fight. I am reminded of the comments put to personal journal of one Henry Willaim Ravenel, a leading American botanist from South Carolina, who wrote:

" The New York Herald speaks of raising 500,000 men & speedily conquering a peace. Easier said than done. We can do the same if necessary & fighting for our liberty & our homes, we have no doubt of the issue. All good men should ardently desire a return of peace, but it must be upon terms honorable to us & our rights. I fear the Northern people have an impression that we are unable to cope with them, from inferiority in numbers, and want of necessary means. It may be necessary therefore that they should be disabused of such impressions & learn to appreciate and understand us better. If we must pass through the terrible ordeal of War to teach them this lesson, so be it. It may be best in the end. We put our trust in the God of battles and the impartial dispenser of justice, and are willing to abide the issue. Our people are all united and stand up as one man in defence of their country."

General Simms, I thought you might especially enjoy the quote written on April 18th, 1861 by Mr. Ravenel, as you have labored so excellently to post a running commentary and record of the day to day events of the American Civil War, in this it's 150th anniversary.

I believe speaking accurately for all the members of the 2nd Division, I Corps, AotM: We welcome all challenges!

Army of Tennessee
Commanding

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:41 am 

A new Year but the same big mouths south of the Mason Dixon Line.

Do any of these photos remind you of anything

How about this one?

What I believe Gentleman has happened, we were so busy whipping you on the gaming tables, that we didn't notice your post.

BG Elkin
Horse Artillery/3rd Div/(2nd Cav) XVI Corps
AotT

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:03 pm 

General Elkin <salute>

Suh, my compliments! It's curious that we now hear from the AotT once the AotS has stepped forward to take the battle offered.

The links for your pictures aren't functioning, however they are probably that of drunken Yankees taking advantage of helpless women and children. Perhaps this is the real reason our calls for battle weren't noticed?

My regards,

CSA Cabinet Secretary

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:32 pm 

General Elkin <salute>

Suh,

Is all that you folks from the AotT can do is throw a lot of hyperbolic (thats "big mouth" nonsense) speech around and send out some pictures? Where is the challenge? Haven't heard from you boys saying ok, let's meet on the battlefield. No, just a lot of silence or in your case errant meaningless rants. Seems you boys are all mouth and no muscle. Why don't you step up, shoulder arms and march forward? All else is meaningless chatter.......

Army of Tennessee
Commanding

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:01 pm 

General Reneau <salute>

Suh, "all mouth and no muscle"? Is it possible you've found a slogan for the AotT?

CSA Cabinet Secretary