American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:12 pm 

{Salute}

It has been an honor serving under your command.

Confederate States of America

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:56 pm 

General Newton Sir:(Salute)

Thanks for all your efforts, the Army of Northern Virginia has a debt with you.

I have the honor to be, very respectfully, your obedient servant,
A. de Meré,
Lt. General C.S. Army
1st Corps A.N.V.
C.S.A.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:50 pm 

General Newton, suh! <salute>
It has been a distinct honor to serve under your leadership, suh! The 1st Division thanks you and wishes you the best!

MG John Moore
Division Commander
1/1/1 ANV

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:12 am 

Gentlemen,

I wish to express my sincere and heartfelt appreciation for all your kind and thoughtful comments as they mean a lot to me. I have served in 3 of the 4 CSA armies and have held just about every command position in the CSA except CoA, Theater Commander and War College Commandant (Although the War College was a part of VMI when I was VMI Commandant). In all of my posts I have strived to do my best and to make the CSA an even better organization than I found it. The foundation to all my positions has been service. Service to the CSA and service to the club. I have always felt that as leaders we are here to serve our members and to provide them with the best environment for game playing by facilitating their needs administratively and personally, while keeping it all in an historical period context. I have also tried to keep in mind that we are all here to have fun and to enjoy our hobby. As most of you know I am a strong proponent of handing out medals and awards as this is one of the few ways we have of saying thank you to our members for all their hard work and for giving up their free time for the betterment of the club. I am very proud of all the work I have done and all my accomplishments on behalf of the CSA and the club. I have worked closely with most of you and the experience has enriched my life. I have made many life long friends and this has been a real surprise as I originally joined just to have a few people to play against and never imagined that my club experience would turn out like it has.
I wish to thank you all once again for taking the time to write to me here and, as I take my new command as a brigade commander with the ANV, I will finish with one of my favorite toasts, "May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live."

With warmest regards,

John

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:27 pm 

I am here with a cleanup detail from Washington under a flag of truce. There seems to be a work stoppage by the glassblowers trades in the North, a deplorable condition given our dependence upon fresh beer and spirits as a integral element of our field army commissaries. So we are here to retrieve all of the unbroken bottles scattered about, paying your government handsomely for their reclamation and sending them North. It is my job, of course, to select which bottles are reclaimed and to attempt to label them as to their former use. This cannot adequately be done without sampling the dregs. Be that as it may, I also consider it an honor to partake in however a rudimentary fashion to the salutes given to General Newton, being cognizant of the fact that no drop of the celebratory beverages has been wasted.

(Give me that, sergeant! That's my job!)

Commander, Army of the Tennessee
(2011-2014 UA CoA/GinC)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:18 pm 

Well John my old friend I see you have gone and done it at last, retired that is! Many officers are here to praise you for everything that you have done for the Armies you have served, and the club in general and it is well deserved. I have given my praise for you many a time in the past and I now stand here and salute and honour you this day.
THANK YOU JOHN FOR EVERYTHING YOU HAVE DONE AND THANK YOU FOR BEING A GREAT FRIEND.

IT'S ONLY A GAME, SO ENJOY IT.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:48 am 

Gen Newton.......All I can say is that ......."you done good"

Gen John Dragan