American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:09 pm 
Genril Pierre Suh,

My question tonight is about individual rights, and protection of those rghts. I believe that many of the "Old Guard" may consider me to be a trouble maker and malcontent. I know that some individual/s in the Union High Command would love nothing better than to see me out of the club, even though to the best of my knowledge, I have never committed any offense that should have been actionable in that manner. This is public record as it has been openly stated in this very forum in the past (My crime was disagreeing with the powers that "were" at the time.) Given that this is the case, I would like to know what protections, if any at all, you would afford those of us who may voice dissent within the club during your tenure should you be elected. What would be the policy you would support?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:17 pm 

General Desruisseaux. Thank you for your answer. And you are quite right, I do believe sides are important. Without each we would have no Club. It's 2012 now and the beginnings of the Club are long past and we all are bound by a representative government of the Cabinet with the President as an executive head, which I believe is an excellent concept.

Where we differ sir, is in your current position. You state that you will represent all members equally, which is excellent, but you fail to state, as President that you will be equal in judgment for Confederate and Union position alike. On balance that is the President's job and was presented to all of us routinely in the David Mallory doctrine of fairness.

Army of the Tennessee
S = √ 30 x d x f + - e

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:33 pm 
David Danner wrote:
On balance that is the President's job and was presented to all of us routinely in the David Mallory doctrine of fairness.

Apparently I had no doctrine of fairness in your eyes? I'm just curious if thats what your implying. If not then my apologies of course.

According to Joe's statement "the Cabinet discourse environment is civil, free of insults and unantagonistic; and that there are no reports of a club member's rights being violated." So I seem to have done a good job since Mallory left us.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:01 am 

Excuse me General Strickler, this is not about you. I do not know if you are fair or not, not knowing you personally. I do know David Mallory and used him as a resource tool to illustrate a point from my personal knowledge. Excuse me again, General Desruisseaux, but any candidate running for Club President should be able to tell the membership if he will be impartial in his decisions to cast the deciding vote in a tied Cabinet.

Army of the Tennessee
S = √ 30 x d x f + - e

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:44 am 
Gen. Pierre,

This thread will be locked at about 10PM ET tonight as the Campaigning period comes to a close. Please post any final comments that you may have.

Best of Luck in the election, sir!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:55 am 
Site Admin

David Danner wrote:
General Desruisseaux. Thank you for your answer. And you are quite right, I do believe sides are important. Without each we would have no Club. It's 2012 now and the beginnings of the Club are long past and we all are bound by a representative government of the Cabinet with the President as an executive head, which I believe is an excellent concept.

Where we differ sir, is in your current position. You state that you will represent all members equally, which is excellent, but you fail to state, as President that you will be equal in judgment for Confederate and Union position alike. On balance that is the President's job and was presented to all of us routinely in the David Mallory doctrine of fairness.

Sir,

I will be impartial and I think I stated that several times. I believe in fairness and will adhere to that. Do you have any knowledge of me not being fair to both sides, to not protect each sides right? There is actually a topic under consideration from me in the Cabinet that would open your eyes about my fairness to both sides. The other Cabinet members are aware of it of course. Unfortunatly the current Cabinet guidelines prevent me from expanding on the subject. I hope to change that so that fairness will be seen in everyday Cabinet business.

The beginnings of the club are the foundation of the club. They are relevant today and affect the day to day operations of the club. The success of the club is based on those beginnings. I don't think they should be put aside just because they are in the past. As a student of history I understand how important it is to learn from history and not make the same mistakes over and over. The concept of President of the club and the Cabinet is from the past (several years) so I really do not understand your statement. I don;t live in the past I live for today. I think my statement and answers clearly state that. I am proactive and will tackle any issues head on. I will not wait and see and I will bother the membership with issues.

I am sorry but will not be able to answer any more questions today as I will be doing inventory today and it will go on until the evening. Unless the campaign is extended till tomorrow.

General Pierre D.

5th Bde, IV Cavalry Corps
Army of Northern Virginia
ACWGC President 1997 - 2006, 2012
ACWGC Forum Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:23 am 
pierred wrote:
Unless the campaign is extended till tomorrow.

Unfortuantely the timetable does not allow that. But you could always answer them in private or in another thread. Voting will begin tomorrow morning.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:25 pm 

Time for me to ask a constructive question...Matrix's newsletter announced 3 new games out, Scourge of War series Gettysburg, Antietam and Pipe Creek. They look like great games, but do not support PBEM but instead are pauseable real time. What is your opinion on the Club supporting and allowing scoring of real time games in the Club?

I ask as when I was on the NWC Cabinet I personally oversaw the inclusion of realtime game scoring into that Club and our DoR admin made the inclusions into the NWC DoR.

Pierre - I am very interested in your answer, so maybe you can start another thread or email me the answer: eric2900@aol.com

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:26 pm 

Thank you General for you explanation.

Army of the Tennessee
S = √ 30 x d x f + - e

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:43 pm 
Site Admin

Scott Ludwig wrote:
Time for me to ask a constructive question...Matrix's newsletter announced 3 new games out, Scourge of War series Gettysburg, Antietam and Pipe Creek. They look like great games, but do not support PBEM but instead are pauseable real time. What is your opinion on the Club supporting and allowing scoring of real time games in the Club?

I ask as when I was on the NWC Cabinet I personally oversaw the inclusion of realtime game scoring into that Club and our DoR admin made the inclusions into the NWC DoR.

Pierre - I am very interested in your answer, so maybe you can start another thread or email me the answer: eric2900@aol.com

Thanks!

I would not veto it and don't have a problem with the idea as long as we can fit it in our DoR and we make rules to support them. It would be up to a majority vote in the Cabinet and membership.

General Pierre D.

5th Bde, IV Cavalry Corps
Army of Northern Virginia
ACWGC President 1997 - 2006, 2012
ACWGC Forum Administrator

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4