American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:13 am 
Gentlemen of the ACWGC,

I would like to take a moment, as my time comes to a close, to tell all of you how much I have enjoyed my time as President of this great Club. I also want to thank everyone who has supported this Club over the past years and continue to make it what it is today. I am happy the Cabinet was able to work together over the past two years to make some positive changes in the Club and am confident they will continue to do so long after I leave office. I wish I could have done more for you as President during my tenure but, alas, time moves quickly.

I would love to serve two more years but I owe it to myself, and the Club, to step down. I have been driving myself at full speed since I joined and I think I could use a breather. But those of you who know me also know I won’t be going anywhere. I still have many projects in the Club and fully hope to be on the Cabinet again in the future in some capacity.

I have developed a tremendous amount of respect for the two CoA’s we have in the Club over the past two years. Both Joe Meyer and Cameron McOmish deserve more praise and credit than we could ever express. They work tirelessly to keep both sides of the Club operating and freely give hundreds of hours a year to the Club of their own time. Both Joe and Cam, and past CoAs and future ones, deserve all of our cooperation and gratitude. I will also say that I haven’t been in the Club long enough to know many CoAs but that I have been really impressed with the way Joe and Cam handle things. They really work with their respective sides well and genuinely care about making smart decisions and helping others. The Cabinet Secretaries, likewise, are hard-working members and seldom get the credit they deserve. My hat is off to them all.

To Pierre and D.W. Mallory I offer my thanks for the help they gave me during my tenure. Their experience and advice was invaluable to this “newbie” who was elected President so soon after joining the Club. What I lacked in experience I hope I made up for in energy and passion. All in all I am proud of what was accomplished in the past two years and the progress we made in the Club and in the Cabinet.

I want to encourage everyone in the Club to try and find the time to volunteer for a leadership position at least once - maybe not now or this year, but at some point. The Club thrives on active participation from its members on many different levels. Whether you serve as a Division Commander or a Cabinet Member every little contribution of your time and effort makes the Club a better place. If all you have time to do each month is to muster and play a few games than simply muster faithfully and if you ever find the time do more than please do.

Thank you all again!

To anyone interested in running for President the timetable is as follows:

September 8 - 14 - Nomination Period

To run for President you must have two nominations sent to the ACWGC Cabinet. Club Rule 3.3.4.2.1 Candidates for Club President must hold the rank of Colonel or above. 3.3.4.2.2 Candidates must be nominated by two other members before being placed on the ballot.

The email addresses of the Cabinet Members are:
Joseph Meyer – josephcmeyer AT comcast DOT net
Cameron McOmish - cameron.mcomish AT gmail DOT com
Pierre Desruisseaux – pdesrui AT videotron DOT ca
Mark van der Hagen – mvdh AT austin.rr DOT com
Derald Riggs - derald.riggs AT gmail DOT com
John Newton - jnewton3 AT cfl.rr DOT com
Blake Strickler – stricklerblake AT yahoo DOT com

September 15 - 28 – Campaigning

September 29 - October 5 - Voting Period at the MDT

Should you have any questions about this process please feel free to either contact one of us or to post your question here. More information on Campaigning and Voting will be forthcoming when those periods draw nearer.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:09 am 

You did a fine job, Johnny Reb :D

MG Elkin
XVI Corp-Commander
AotT

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:16 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:07 pm 

Hi Blake,
My hat is off to you - it does take a lot of energy to work for this club. If everyone would pull their own weight there is no telling where this club could go. In the past I have been able to meet members at Gettysburg and Antietam. It is always a pleasure to share time with ones that ALSO enjoy my hobby.

It is people like you that make things easier for us and help by keeping things organized. I am sure a much needed rest is in order and that you will be back in the thick of things.

Please stop by the Army of Alabama's Tavern and ask Claude for a VERY SPECIAL pour of my sweet elixer......

It has been a pleasure working with you - I wish I could have been of more help.

Vern

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:30 pm 
At the risk of inciting great hostility towards you, I will say thank you for your efforts and further, that I am truly sorry to see you go. I believe you worked hard to improve the club during your time in office and I can absolutely credit you with one accomplishment that I have seen nobody attribute to you......You shut me up for two whole years!!!! I just hope those who come after do not undo the progress you made in trying to move the club forward in a positive path. I have kinda enjoyed being able to sit back and not have to fight windmills......

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:21 pm 

Really OUTSTANDING job of work there, boy-o. Amazing creative effort, especially for one living close in the shadow of those people. We of the ACWGC Army of Georgia welcome you to your new command in the the Eastern Theater of operations.

To live above with the Saints we love,
Ah, that is the purest glory.
To live below with the Saints we know,
Ah, that is another story!

1/3/III ANV

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:37 pm 

Nice job Blake-maybe we can start gaming again soon and you can't whine about all the paperwork.

MG Elkin
XVIth Corp-Commander
AotT

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:46 pm 

General Blake,

My compliments to you, sir, for a fine job.

I've read the campaign threads of both candidates, but I haven't been able to locate the voting booth. Can you help a poor old cross-eyed Reb out by pointing me in the right direction?

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:14 am 

General Mallory, go to the board index and then you should see a forum entitled Voting Booth. However the password I was given isn't working so I don't know if it's open yet.

Union Military Academy Instructor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:07 am 

nelmsm wrote:
General Mallory, go to the board index and then you should see a forum entitled Voting Booth. However the password I was given isn't working so I don't know if it's open yet.

General Nelms,

Excellent directions, sir - Thank you!

I tried typing in the password I had been given and it didn't work, either. I then cut and pasted it from the email and it still didn't work - until I realized double-clicking on the password in the email picked up a space at the end. I backspaced and was able to enter the booth and cast my vote.

Good luck to both of you, sir!

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:48 am 
Gentlemen,

The Voting Booth is now open in regards to the election of the next Club President.

The password to access the Voting Booth is "President".

The candidates are Gen. Mark Nelms and Gen. Pierre Desruisseaux. Their Campaign Threads are currently posted at the MDT.

I believe we had nearly 50 - 60 votes total in 2010 so lets aim to leave that number in the dust in 2012 and get a much larger turnout! Please find a moment this week to make yourself familiar with the issues and candidates and vote.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact myself or any member of the Cabinet.

By the way thanks for the kind words scattered throughout this thread. I appreciate the well wishes!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:38 am 

Well done on a great job Sir. Thank you for all that you have done for ACWGC.