American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:52 am 
General Simms,
Ned,

It's too early to reveal the ACWGC personality and his wife yet... unless someone guesses who it is. Then I'll confirm it!

Otherwise, I'll reveal it on the night of the Christmas Ball. :D

I did not know about Lt General Blackburn and General Moose had a thing for each other! Most interesting! :wink:

Where's your picture, General?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:09 pm 

If Gen Moose has returned and is attending I insist he be remanded to the Provost immeadiatley. He is a miscreant and a thief. :oops:

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:38 pm 
Lt General Blackburn,
Ed,

So... you're putting General Moose and Nicodemus (Gator Alley's Mascot) in the same category then?

I guess they could both fall into General McOmish's rule about Zoo Animals! :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:00 pm 

General Olinsky <salute>

Suh, my compliments!

I believe General McOmish's "rule" mentioned "safari" animals, which are at least a step above "zoo" animals.

Zoo animals stare at you from the other side of a cage where you are safe, while safari animals are in their natural habitat, unrestrained, and capable of inflicting bodily harm on you if you're not aware of your surroundings.

As for Nicodemus, he was declared an acting brevet command sergeant major by General McOmish quite some time back. My opinion is that he qualifies as neither a zoo or safari animal based on his awarded position within the Confederate States Army. Whether or not he is a "miscreant and thief" depends on which side of the Mason Dixon Line you serve :wink:

Highest regards,

CSA Cabinet Secretary

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:16 pm 
Lt General Hebert,
Neal,

Do you have any paperwork to substantiate your story that General McOmish declared Nicodemus a brevet Command Sergeant Major?

I think perhaps General McOmish was under the influence when he made such a declaration and I'm sure he quickly backpedaled on the decision! :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:52 pm 

General Olinsky <salute>

As posted on 27 November 2011 and by General McOmish:

"Major General Neal Hebert (OC 2nd Div, AotM) has put forward his personal body guard and Divisional Mascot - Nicodemus , so in accordance with the Personnel Department of the Armies of the Confederacy ruling of 26 November 1862 Nicodemus Gator is here by promoted to Brevet Temporary Acting Sergeant Major (CSA Military Police), effective 27 November 1862."

As for whether General McOmish was under the influence at the time is not known, however the appointment has not been revoked.

Highest regards,

CSA Cabinet Secretary

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:32 pm 
Lt General Hebert,
Neal,

Everything looks to be in good order... as much as can be expected among the Confederate rabble! :wink:

I guess the only thing Nicodemus has to worry about is the "Temporary" part of those Orders. I suppose that if General McOmish was opposed to Nicodemus's appearance at the Christmas Ball... he "could" revoke those Orders prior to the party!

I'll send General McOmish a note! 8)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:13 pm 

Ladies & Gentlemen,

If I may have the pleasure of doing so... may I please present Lt Colonel James Foster of Hancocks Division, VIII Corps, Army of the Shenandoah!

James serves as my First Brigade Commander and is truly an Officer & a Gentlemen! I got to know James within the Club while he was assigned to the Army of the Mississippi. We fought a rigorous Chickamauga Campaign in which his Rebs were the most vicious and aggressive foes as ever walked the face of the earth. I was constantly cursing his troops as they shattered my line time after time and he rapidly gobbled up my artillery that the dang campaign would place in the middle of the woods somewhere because they thought it was a historical placement! Arrrgggg!

James earned my respect on the field of battle and it's my great honor to have such an fine Officer serving within the Division!

Merry Christmas, James! <salute>

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:51 pm 

Ladies & Gentlemen,

If I may have the pleasure of doing so... may I present Lt Colonel Sean Turner & his wonderful wife Tracy... of Hancocks Division, VIII Corps, Army of the Shenandoah!

Sean serves as my Third Brigade Commander and is a fine Officer & a Gentlemen! Sean formerly served as a Major General in the Army of Alabama before joining Hancocks Division. Sean is a Methodist minister by profession and served for quite some time in the UK before returning to the ministry in the state of North Carolina. I'm not sure if Sean is aware of it... but many people on both sides of the Club refer to him as "The Fighting Bishop". He has quite a reputation as a tenacious fighter!

I am delighted to see Sean's wife Tracy join him in this picture. Have you ever seen two bigger smiles than the ones that these two are wearing? :D

Merry Christmas, Sean & Tracy! <salute>

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:55 pm 

The Fighting Bishop isn't what I call him - but instead the Bishop With Balls. I've seen him withstand a charge with only artillery batteries left to face lines of infantry - and he won because he disrupted ALL of the infantry units and they never undisrupted so that they could melee the artillery. How many of us can accomplish that without some divine intervention? I'm normally at least kinda hard to beat but every time that I have played Sean, it's like someone told me that I had been a bad boy this year and I was going to get lumps of coal out of our battle - and I always did. Glad he's on our side now!!!!!

VMI Class of '00

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:02 pm 

Gentlemen <salute>

Nicodemus is especially looking forward to tending the mounts of turncoats Turner and Foster. They abandoned their posts for what, to see the Army of the Shenandoah rode hard and put away wet in their "Fall Offensive" against the Army of the Mississippi?

Old Saint Nicodemus has lumps of coal in mind for their stockings this year.

Highest regards,

CSA Cabinet Secretary

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:38 pm 
Lt General Hebert,
Neal,

From your description Christmas must be an incredibly miserable event in the South! Do you have a lump of coal for General Simms stocking too? :(

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:50 pm 

General Olinsky <salute>

Suh, my compliments!

Coal is in short supply, so Saint Nicodemus must exercise some discretion when it comes to placing such in Yankee stockings. I've donated my ration of coal for his use as I have plenty of hot air to keep the command tent warm :mrgreen:

Highest regards,

CSA Cabinet Secretary

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:29 pm 

General Olinsky, I am afraid that you may well need some personal protection from "Sergent Major" Nicodemus as he has something of an aggressive history at events such as this, and your belittling of him will only serve to increase his intemperant disposition. Just look at his picture! The gator is constipated, sir, and is always in a foul mood.

Commander, Army of the Tennessee
(2011-2014 UA CoA/GinC)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:39 pm 
Lt General Hebert,
Neal,

Well Sir... I have heard that "Circus Animals" put out a lot of HOT AIR!!!

Did you know that an elephants lung capacity is 8 to 10 gallons? That's 60 times more than the average Confederate Officer... 80 times more than the average Union Officer. :shock:

Why even alligator lungs have a capacity that is 4 times greater than the average human being!

Hopefully you've got them trained to brush their teeth... or that's a whole lot of BAD BREATH!!! :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next