* French Army HQ

* Indian Alliance

Club Forums:     NWC    ACWGC     Home Pages:     NWC    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:19 am 

Latest Club News:

2014 Year in Review:

I am just getting to it now, but wanted to give a end of year report for 2014.

2014 by most measures was an excellent year for us!! Truly was. It was the right combination of everything and our work in 2013 and early 2014 paid off for the rest of the year. I got very slack in the last two months and we really could of cashed in on them a bit, but I think short of a few things, we had a spectacular year.

Gaming wise we had 145 games started, which 14 were maneuvers. 177 games completed, with 20 of them maneuvers and 70 of them games that were cancelled from the Archives clean up. There are still 69 open games on the books, including 6 maneuvers.

This is rather consistent with previous years, especially the games started. Games completed is certainly down a bit if you take into consideration the games that got cancelled, 107 total. But there are quite a few games from 2014 still on the books, while 2013 saw a lot of games open & close and not so much carry over into 2014, the way it did with games from 2012 into 2013.

We also did these good numbers without a tournament for the first time in years, which helped the 2013 return rates.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best Year of Recruitment in a Long Time:

By far the bigger news was recruitment. We added a record breaking 20 new members last year. There are still several folks in longer training games and also still trying to tie up loose ends with a few and get them fully involved. But a solid 20 is a wonderful gain for us. We came close and had I tried a bit harder we could of passed our 2006 record of 24 and our all time listed record of 26 in 2007. Needless to say it is the single largest gains we have had in almost 10 years and doubled what we gained in 2013. The Continental American Army dominated the recruitment drive, adding much needed to numbers to what had become a beleaguered force. Actually a lot of focus was given to them last year. The British Armies in America, made some modest gains to bring up the numbers closer to 50, which had been some historic highs from years past. It was good to move us away a bit from the potential drop into the 30's. The French Army and Indian Alliance gained their customary small gains of a couple new members, just enough to keep the forces stable overall. The Club grew from total number of members in the mid-high 90's to now at 115 members. The breakdown is 30 in the Continental American Army, 47 in the British Armies in America, 20 in the French Army and 15 in the Indian Alliance. We also have 3 Observer Corps members too.

12 of the 20 new officers undertook training. We actually employed a fair compliment of the training staff last year to help out. Garry, our very reliable & dependable go to trainer helped 4 new members learn the games last year. Myself John Durkee & Larry Davis helped 3 new members each learn the games. John is our primary go to AGEOD trainer.

You can view our latest recruitment numbers here: http://www.wargame.ch/1776/Training_Center/summary.htm

As well as our latest recruits here: http://www.wargame.ch/1776/Training_Center/records.htm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bounty:

The Bounty did very well last year. The year started off with a mix of folks winning, we had 4 new members win it last year. It became clear though with some exceptions here or there it was a year to be pretty much dominated by the feared Garry Cope. :D It looks like, unless something happens with more folks filing than normal, it'll be a repeat this year. The Americans and British gained 3 bounties each last year and the Indian Alliance, none at all. The French saw a gain of 15 bounty totals last year. Very impressive!! :) Who will stop them!!

http://www.wargame.ch/1776/Bounty/index.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AGEOD News:

We have done rather well at attracting new AGEOD members who play the games. With John Durkee's help, he was beneficial to making some inroads with them. We kept a good presence on their forum for most of the year and I interacted with a number of folks. It was a good start and I want to capitalize further on it this year. It is a slow road, but I think the commitment will pay off, as they are great games and the folks playing them are great gamers too & very dedicated to AGEOD itself.

My hope this year is to get time to sit down with Bob Weir and design some battle ribbons for the AGEOD games. I think it is important that they have their own set. I've wanted to do it for a couple years now, but just keeps getting sidetracked. I think it's further show of our commitment to the AGEOD games if we do.

New Music on Sites & Expanded Order of Battles:

We added some new music & expanded Order of Battles to the Continental American Army, the Indian Alliance & the British Armies in America websites. We added more units from all the wars and a new division, the Reserve Division, to the Continental American Army, which includes units from the War of 1812 & Mexican-American War, including a United States Marines Brigade. The Continental American Army also had new leader portraits for the different brigades added to them, with different leaders of the various wars. The British Armies in America also had a number of units added to their Order of Battle from the various wars and also some other Colonial troops from different North American holdings of the British.

You can check it all out here:

http://www.wargame.ch/1776/Americans/Re ... vision.htm

http://www.wargame.ch/1776/Indian_Alliance/index.html

http://www.wargame.ch/1776/British/index.html

The music might take a bit to load, they are large files.

15th Anniversary Plans and Other News:

This past February was our 15th Anniversary as a Club. I had wanted to do something then, but the winter & a little bit of health issues got the best of me. So we are getting a late start on it. But I am very interested in beating the drums of war along the Mohawk and seeing if we can get a tournament of some sort going. Even if it is something as simple as getting people linked up and playing a set of games. Maybe run through all the scenarios in a game or something like that. I'll send out a notice first to see who is interested. My hope is to do it soon and to also get someone to help with it. So stay tuned!! :)

Other projects and plans are moving along slowly, from the Newsletter to House Rules updates. I've had trouble being able to type for long periods of time. Also Scott Reed is going to create some OBD's for the Indian Alliance, much like the ones that Garry Cope uses for the French. We are in the planning & trial stage of that project now.

I'd like to thank everyone for their time & dedication to the Club. I know that we are all often busy in real life and the Club leadership has been very busy ourselves with real life, which is why we have been a bit slow on some of our ideas and plans. But we know folks have a lot of choices for things they can do with their time, so thank you for being with us, even if you are just hanging out and not gaming at the moment.

If you know people who might like the Club, send them our way! I want to try to have a good recruitment year again!

Club Site & Forum:

Be sure to drop by the main Club website for the latest: http://www.wargame.ch/1776/index.html

Be sure to visit the forum for all sorts of news & activity, we have been busy lately: http://wargame.ch/board/cc/index.php

If you forget your login & password, let me know so I can get Ernie Sands to help you get setup again in the forum.

As always If you're having trouble finding opponents let me know and I'll see what I can do.

I hope everyone has a great week!

On Behalf of the Colonial Campaigns Club (CCC) Staff,

Field Marshal Scott Ludwig, OSM
Commander-in-Chief of His Most Britannic Majesty's British Armies in America

The Colonial Campaigns Club (CCC) Staff:

Field Marshal Ernie Sands, KCB
President of the Colonial Campaigns Club (CCC)

Maréchal Le Prince du Garry Copé, OoL
Secretary of War & Commander-in-Chief l'Armée de Terre Royale

Lieutenant General Phil Wilson, OSM
Commander-in-Chief of the Continental American Army

Field Marshal Scott Ludwig, OSM

Lightning Chief Celamanka Noftz, MSM
Chief of the Indian Alliance

Field Marshal The Earl of Lexington, OSM
(Scott Ludwig)

The British Armies in America

Training Center Commander

Glory in the King's Service! God Save the King!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:48 pm 

Excellent recruitment and training procedures. Many thanks to Scott, Garry and other trainers.

Thanks to all. 15 years is quite some time.

We have had a lot of help over those years and many of the contributors can be seen at:

http://www.wargame.ch/1776/credits.html and our members, current and past.

Field Marshal The Marquess of Charlotte, KCB,
Commander Left Wing, British Army, CCC
Ernie Sands

President, Colonial Campaigns Club