Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:44 pm 
Salute!

The Tirailleur smiles at witnessing this most splendid of exchanges between the newly opposed officers.

"Bravo, gentleman and Spaniard! May the clash of your swords upon the battle maps be as stirring as this verbosity!

Regards,

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:47 am 

My man servant Miguel has been dispatched to the light colonel's HQ. He was a tad nervous as we, the collective allied force of Good, are not used to going into "those" parts of town. I sent a novice priest with him to help ward off the inherent evil that is associated with all things French. God willing, they will return unscathed nor defiled. Hopefully his white flag of truce will not be misconstrued as a French battle flag (sorry, couldn't help myself).

Now I must return to the duties at hand getting my supply wagon prepared and the appropriate extras for my non man servant Maria.

Adios!

Lloyd's Battery, Royal Artillery
Royal Regiment of Artillery
Reserve Artillery & Engineers

Last edited by Richard Bradshaw on Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:12 am 
No doubt the priest was a wise precaution, Ensign. Jolly good thinking! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:44 am 

I finally was able to marshall my troops into order and began the arduous journey to claim the French flag as my own. This was not an easy task for an inexperienced officer of the Spanish forces dealing with a League of Nations type force. Maria had just served me a tasty cup of dark roasted coffee when a group of French soldiers (truth be told we thought it was a lost group of boy scouts) ran smack dab into the lead column. I nearly spilled the coffee on my new issued white uniform! Being recently graduated from a Spainish boot camp I did not realize how loud mustket fire can be.

As I did not soil anything I am evermore renewed to capture these upstarts and gather valuable intelligence from them. Oh wait, they are French. No intelligence could possibly be gathered there.....

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:42 pm 
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:32 pm 

Should the truth be told (and I shall always be the first to tell it), a small group of the lads, after several hard nights of carousing and conquering what passes for local women, stopped early in the morning to relieve themselves in the festering sinkhole of Crostewitz. The Austrian sentry, unused to such a stunning display of manhood, thereupon panicked and discharged his musket into his foot. This roused the somnolent Austrians, many also shooting themselves in the foot in a display of professionalism unique to the Austrian army. In the ensuing chaos, several brave Frenchmen were very slightly killed.

Such an ungracious way to greet one's liberators will surely not be forgotten!!

En Avant!

1ère Division
5éme Corps d'Armée
La Grande Armée

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:28 pm 

I must apologize!

In my last post I made a humorous reference to an encounter with the cowardly Austrians. Upon examining their corpses, they instead turned out to be cowardly Prussians! Imagine our surprise and delight! Although it is easy to confuse the two, since they both speak the same language and neither of them bathe all that often, I must apologize for the previous inaccurate report. Rest assured, I shall correct this error in the next edition of my memoirs.

All the best,

1ère Division
5éme Corps d'Armée
La Grande Armée

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:29 pm 

I do believe the first shots have been fired in this battle! I am also very sure it will be a good one and of course a LaGrande Armee Victory!

Battle On...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:53 pm 

"The Austrian sentry, unused to such a stunning display of manhood, thereupon panicked and discharged his musket into his foot."

I have finally read the report from the duty officer in regards to this very aggressive attack by the revoluntaries. The poor sentry WAS stunned at the display of French manhood. He had heard they were small and have been known to joke amongst themselves as being born with a "concealed weapon". He was sure that they would have to wet themselves with such a short barrel. Some French Royalists that came to Spain right after the revolution informed the elders in my village that the leaders of the Revolution were actually hermaphrodites. That would explain Napolean with his hand inside his blouse all the time.

I will instruct our medical officer to investigate further should we capture one. The duty report said they were very fast on their feet. The battle rages on. French troops in square and French horseman ride abouth the plains.

Last edited by Richard Bradshaw on Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:22 pm 

When you were a young child, did you ever get a spanking? Well, I was reminded of mine by the impetuous Scotsmaster in this battle. I may not be able to sit in my newly claimed cot for days! Lesson learned ... as the French advance, run away screaming until you can build a great wall of China like defense.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:18 pm 

It was my singular pleasure to instruct this young Spanish recruit in the art of Napoleonic warfare. Such lessons are always available to Coalition officers at no charge!

1ère Division
5éme Corps d'Armée
La Grande Armée

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:47 pm 
I like free! :mrgreen: :evil: :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:33 pm 

I will gladly accept your challenge on the Leipzig field Colonel Reaves. PM me if you can find your quill...

Austrian Korps

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:31 pm 

The honor of The Coalition has been restored. Lt Col Reaves offered his sword on the first day of the Leipzig Campaign. But to give credit where it is deserved, Lt Col Reaves file return rate was excellent. The outcome, however, was never in doubt...

Austrian Korps

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:06 pm 

Sir,

Would you be interested in testing your mettle against this humble Chef de Bataillion of La Grande Armee?

I've never tried the 4-day Leipzig ever ever before :D :D , and would be interested in doing so.

I take exception to your cockiness that 'the outcome... was never in doubt' during your last engagement with my fellow officer. We will make sure that you will be ever in doubt this time around.

Please send a courier to my tent if you are interested.