Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:47 pm 

Oh the horrors! French horsemen riding nilly willy about the field of battle (yes, if you can picture that you know only a Frenchman could do it) with links of spicy sausage on the points of their sabers. My brave boys, a tad on the thin side, are falling for this trick. Literally falling.

Fortunately my reinforcements have been well fed so a change in the battle may be on the horizon.

Lloyd's Battery, Royal Artillery
Royal Regiment of Artillery
Reserve Artillery & Engineers

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:37 pm 

We are nearing the end of this horrendous battle. The blood soaked grounds will have to be declared sacred sites for nothing but lillies and poppies can grow here now. The casualty lists on both sides is very high. I have run out of cannon balls in the areas I need them most. A few more turns will decide who wears the crown of glory and who will where a blood soaked bandage around their head.

Honor and Glory to the brave souls who have fought this fight!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:08 pm 
The battle is nearing its end, eh? Well that certainly is good news.

Lt. Hornsby, does this mean that I can expect your presence on the field of HPS Quarrel Bras next, or has the pain you have suffered at the hands of my brave, Spanish colleague caused you to rethink the doomed path you trod in the footsteps of the Corsican fool who proclaimed himself Emperor?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:31 pm 

Many thanks to the inventors of the calendar. Another day and the outcome of this epic fight would be different. Brave Brits held the ground with sharpened bayonets as they had run out of ball ammo. Proud Prussians held their lines and forced the French to fertilize the ground with garlic enfused blood.

With the full 28 turns the allies can claim a major victory! Huzzah, Madre Dios, and Madeira for all hands. Oh wait, this motely crew (truly brave and honorable) will prefer rum and that Jager stuff. And damned if they won't have it!!!

Now I must go and inventory all these French supply wagons. I thought I heard the distinct clink of gold coin.

Well fought by Mark. He controlled the field but I had the points.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:46 pm 
Huzzah for my fine, Spanish comrade! This is indeed a glorious day for the mighty Anglo-Allied Army. :D :P :mrgreen:

You did say the Jager was on the house, right? :o :shock: :wink:

My commiserstions to Lt. Hornsby with the hope that the engagement was enjoyable despite the outcome.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:46 pm 

I second that Monsieur president bold talk when one can't spend money to up grade!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:22 am 

Salute

Yes a good fight, my opponent fought well but I hold the field of battle while he retreats his army. I only lost on points but I still have numbers and what he doesn't say is if I had another 10 turns the British and their sausage eating allies would be ridden down and annihilated, but alas I do not and I must grant the win to Richard.

He held on even when in the beginning he was losing ground and loosing men and fought back and retook that ground giving me a bloody nose. A worthy opponent.

I salute you sir.

Now I just need a win as I'm also having a horse whipping by Paul Frampton and Fernando Lopez of the Spanish Brigade in both of their battles.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:59 am 

Sir <Salute>

You seem to be in need of a victory - I also have the full matrix set of BG games.

I am renowned for my prowess at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. I have always chosen the scenario to fight so I offer you the choice.

Bear in mind should you choose and easy French win then it will be a hollow victory.

<Salute>