Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 6:49 am 

I issued a challenge, two allied officers initially responded, but then they disappeared.
What do you think?

Or Allied officers are afraid or do not have BG-Matrix game.

What do you say?

Meanwhile, I raise my challenge and wait and see.

Do you want a hard lesson? Challenge me on the field of Borodino (Nir:07 Kutuzov turns to fight).
Do you want to teach me something? Which scenario of Waterloo or Quatre Bras do you prefer? I'm ready to fall gloriously.

Optional rules: all
House rules:
No house rules, but no use supply carts or skirmishers to surround for zone of control, except to surround other skirmishers.

Gentlemen rules : of course

Captain Alessandro Stoppa
I Corps
2ème Division
Artillerie Divisionnaire
2ème Compagnie du 8ème Régiment d'Artillerie à Pied

email: itasfa@alice.it

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 7:31 am 

Of course we are afraid! Afraid some French officer and a gentle....., er, hmmmm, and a peacock will come strutting into the tavern having already consumed too much of the enlisted men's turpentine, and stumble into an a table of esteemed and honorable Allied officers, upsetting the table and tumbling a perfectly good roast beef onto the floor. ( the 5 second rule will apply in this case) Now that was a long sentence!

Over coming this fear I will accept your lesson in Borodino. It is time I learn something new from your side of the room besides how garlic is really not an attractor of women, or that by wearing pants two sizes smaller does not make you look more manly but helps in singing soprano.

So please, send your messenger to my small tent (oh to be a Captain and get a cot to go with it). nh260 at msn dot com

And my fear is tempered a bit as my signature portrait is bigger than yours, so sayeth the camp maidens....

Lloyd's Battery, Royal Artillery
Royal Regiment of Artillery
Reserve Artillery & Engineers

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 2:13 pm 
Never fear, Ensign, you shall be a Captain soon enough. You actually should not be berift of a cot much longer in any case. Once you defeat this impudent Frenchman, you may simply take his, thereby consigning him to sleep on the hard, open ground. :shock: :evil: :twisted:

Very glad to see that it was a fine, Anglo-Allied officer that stepped forward to uphold the honor for the entire Coalition. :wink: :P :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 2:39 pm 

Alesandro,

I tried replying but not sure if my original courier got through. I would be interested in Quatre Bras if you still have an opening.

Avant Garde Division
Österreichische Imperiale Armeekorps
Coalition Army

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 2:42 pm 

Even though we are currently engaged at Borodino, I could fit a Waterloo in as well

Sympher's Brigade
3rd Bn/1st Regiment of Foot Guards

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 3:15 pm 
By the Gods! No less than three, brave Coalition officers have stepped forward in a matter of minutes, and all of them belonging to the Anglo-Allied Army. :shock: :shock: :shock:

The Frenchman may be correct about the fear in the hearts of our allies, but there is no denying the Lion Hearted Attitude of the King's Loyal Men. This is one day that I am very proud to wear the red coat and gold cords of the Chief of Staff of the mighty Anglo-Allied Army. :P :P :P

Huzzah, Gentlemen! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Now where did that dang shot glass get off to I wonder.... :? :( :roll:

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:38 pm 

My God, if I am not up to my words, laughter chase me from Moscow to Paris.

Message for Colonel Dale: I sent two messages to the following address copied from the allied muster,
dalelast4@juno.com
but returned.
Send a courier to itasfa@alice.it

Captain Alessandro Stoppa
I Corps
2ème Division
Artillerie Divisionnaire
2ème Compagnie du 8ème Régiment d'Artillerie à Pied

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:43 pm 

Alessandro,

I sent you an e-mail. If you don't get it let me know.

Dale

Avant Garde Division
Österreichische Imperiale Armeekorps
Coalition Army

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:41 am 

I have all of the HPS games. AS if have visited to the Battleground of Borodino, that would be good by me.

Sous LT Ken Fortune
Prussian Army
usereep@aol.com

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:23 am 

Comrade

You will find all the allied officers are afraid it took a while for one to stand up to take my challenge and even then it was mere ensigns and a captain. What I want to know, are there any officers in the Allied camp above captain or do they all hide behind their mothers skirts waiting for their next drink of milk from their mothers breasts. As for the Generals, half the time they are sitting in their tents sozzled out of their heads on lemonade thinking of the small helpless fox they are hunting next Sunday because that's a foe that is easily defeated, where as a Frenchman on the field of battle shows how to properly fight.

Don't give them mercy comrade and fight like the French man you are.

Good luck not that you need it

Salute

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:41 am 

SLt Hornsby, perhaps this General can give you a battle in the Matrix games, or are you just spouting garlic induced wind?

Sympher's Brigade

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:59 am 

Sir

I'm sure I could fit a General in to my already busy schedule as I'm close to defeating two of your allied officers so maybe a fourth game and a prospect of adding a Generals scalp along with an Ensign and a Captain would be fantastic.

As for spouting garlic induced wind send me an email and we will see who is letting wind when you face me in battle.

Hang on what's that smell, ahh yes its an allied officer needing the toilet after receiving my acceptance to battle.

Email me at mark.hornsby@hotmail.com

Would prefer to play something in the waterloo battles if possible.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:09 am 

Sympher's Brigade

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:23 pm 
Mark Hornsby wrote:
Sir

I'm sure I could fit a General in to my already busy schedule as I'm close to defeating two of your allied officers so maybe a fourth game and a prospect of adding a Generals scalp along with an Ensign and a Captain would be fantastic.

As for spouting garlic induced wind send me an email and we will see who is letting wind when you face me in battle.

Hang on what's that smell, ahh yes its an allied officer needing the toilet after receiving my acceptance to battle.

Email me at mark.hornsby@hotmail.com

Would prefer to play something in the waterloo battles if possible.

The Hanoverian Guardsman chuckles to himself at the bravdo of the young, French Lieutenant, while wondering why in the world an Englishman would be fighting for the lost cause of the Corsican Roach. Still, he is brave enough to lock grips with a General of the British Foot Guards. I suppose we shall see how he fares.

Lt. Hornsby, I am wondering why, if you are near to defeating two Coalition officers at present, and your duel with Brigadier Frampton will be your fourth engagement, there are no registered games in our DoR System bearing your seal. Did your French trainers neglect to instruct you in the use of our records system? Oh dear, if they forgot to tell you that, I am wondering what other important battlefield advice they may have overlooked. I suppose Brigadier Frampton will soon determine that on his own though.

Best of luck, Lieutenant. I do so admire your courage.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:29 pm 

OUCH!

Or as we say in Spain, " That was one heck of a good slap upside the head". (Slapo de hecko de la cabeza)

Lloyd's Battery, Royal Artillery
Royal Regiment of Artillery
Reserve Artillery & Engineers