Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:33 pm 

Gentlemen,
Despite my long absence, uniform a little threadbare, however still fits like a glove...although a very tight glove....I think it has shrunk slightly around the midriff...non the less.. I am looking for a French opponent for a medium length, balanced scenario...willing to try any optional rules. Any of the following HPS titles:
Waterloo
Jena
Eckmuhl
Wagram
NRC
Many thanks and the kindest regards.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:37 pm 

Gentlemen,
I do apologise if the image I painted for you rather frightened the French :) However I have now visited my tailor and he has furnished me with a fine new black uniform, fitted perfectly for....the rather fuller figure. Gentlemen given that, how could you possibly resist...you could at least try to roughen up this fine new outfit.
Kindest regards

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:50 pm 
It cannot really be helped, Ensign. The fear generated in the hearts of our French adversaries is quite overpowering when they consider the implications of facing a German officer in service to our beloved king. They will eventually recover their composure, and a very brave one will step forward from their errantly, milling masses. In the meantime, I would invite you to join me for a few rounds while we await the French fortitude to reemerge. :wink: :evil: :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:09 pm 

Tis true, these French are a timid breed. Other threads have shown they will gladly fight as a group because then you always have the chance to trip one of their comrades up so they fall in advance of your troops so they can make a hasty get away. If I may say, that is an impressive tunic. A few gold coins were given up for that I believe.

Lloyd's Battery, Royal Artillery
Royal Regiment of Artillery
Reserve Artillery & Engineers

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:17 am 

Salute Sir

Unfortunately my fine fellow I am unable to give battle at this point in time but as a French officer, I know all of my comrades do not shy away from inflicting defeat upon German upstarts. Suggest you take your pristine uniform back to the tailors and get a refund and spend your money wisely instead by sitting in your local tavern enjoying that fine cattle pee that you Germans drink and leave the fighting to the real soldiers

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:42 am 
If what you say about the bravery of you comrades is true, Lieutenant, then where are they? Perhaps we should scour about under the tables, gentlemen. It is quite possible the 'brave' French officers to which Lt. Hornsby alludes may indeed be cowering under them. :o :shock: :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:43 am 

Stuart. Welcome back. Last time we played you were in the French Army so I'm glad I taught you the error of your ways. If you cannot find an opponent then maybe a multiplayer would be the answer, sometimes the French do like to herd together for mutual defence, rather like the hapless wildebeest, everyone's favourite food. I'd partner you if that helps you get an opponent.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:04 pm 

I have come to the conclusion...the war must be over...Bony back in chains?? Oh well it would appear I got dressed up for nothing...not even a French Marshall taking on an Ensign...I must say a very disapointing show :( However I did indeed perk up!!, when I saw a General de Brigade accept a Challenge from a young KGL Subultern...Brave indeed....There is still hope left..that is if Bony escapes again :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:13 pm 

Ensign Stuart Wilson, Salute

I will happy to give you a battle! You pick the game and rules and I will pick the scenario of around 20 turns. You can email at the address below my signature.

Battle On...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:21 pm 
Ah, General Kling. Always good to see you, sir. Once again it falls to the Army's Chief of Staff to save face for La Grande Armee. It seems that it now requires a French General to combat one of our fine, German soldiers in loyal service to our king. That would leave your vaunted Marechals to face our brave Lieutenants, and the Emperor himself one of our brave Captains.

I do wonder who that leaves to challenge any of our officers holding the rank of Major or above....

Oh yes, now I remember, you French simply surrender to our higher ranks. Very prudent, I say. No wonder La Grande Armee is such an efficient, fighting machine.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:35 am 

Salute Sir

I do believe I'm fighting against a General at the moment, and I was asking the very same thing about the allied officers until a brave officer above Captain stepped forward.

Thing is Sir, all our brave marshals are already fighting many battles on the fields of Europe and as the Empire is so vast this tends to occupy a lot of their time marching to and fro, and giving our enemies a good whipping then marching onto the next opponent to do the same with him.

So you see Sir, they are not scared just fighting against the many upstarts that think they can threaten the Empire of Napoleon and France.

Maybe, one day I might have the good grace to fight against yourself on the field of battle, either one to one or as a group, that way Sir, I will be able to show you how honourable Frenchmen fight.

Salute

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:24 am 

Al Kling wrote:
Ensign Stuart Wilson, Salute

I will happy to give you a battle! You pick the game and rules and I will pick the scenario of around 20 turns. You can email at the address below my signature.

Battle On...

Sir,
I apologise for not responding sooner, I have not been checking the forum regularly and had no email notification from the opponent finder. I am still available to do battle if you so wish.
Many thanks and kind regards

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:25 am 

Rider sent and awaiting your reply, lets have at it.

Battle On...