Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:56 pm 
Salute!

Sept 16th, 1813

12:45 hrs: The air resounds with the thunder of guns and the volleys from bataillons in line formation as the Austrians make contact with their opponents below Lobau.

To the northeast the ground shakes with the advance of cavalerie, and the clash of steel is fierce!

GLt Liechtenstein turns to his AdC and remarks, "Now this is a battle indeed."

13:00 hrs: GLt Liechtenstein tells his youthful AdC, "The art of war is an intricate dance of maneuvers, formation changes, postures projecting various intentions..."

He pauses to watch as a lone squadron of Chevauleger charges across the fields between enemy bataillons and down a slope into the midst of the foe...

"...And of bold impulses and heroic sacrifices..."

Regards,

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:49 pm 

"Madre Dios!" the lone Spaniard {resplendent in his still new capitains uniform} said softly.The billowing smoke from cannons on both sides barely masked the carnage that was occurring. The dreaded enemy was slowly consolidating on the north edge of town causing me to stretch my lines to encrcle him, if they can. Fortunately, the few buildings we occupy in town have a few tid bits of snacks and beverages. But the physician still reports a great deal of lead poisoning still occurring. One battalion commander reports "Max Fatigue". I appreciate their desire to be the best but fatigue was the not the area I want them to excell. The next few turns will decide the day...

"Madre Dios, indeed", he whispered.

Lloyd's Battery, Royal Artillery
Royal Regiment of Artillery
Reserve Artillery & Engineers

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:02 pm 
Salute!

16:00 hrs: The final throes of the death dance are upon us!

Smoke is heavy upon the landscape, lit by red flashes from cannon and burning buildings...

Bugles continue to sound the squadrons into clashes of whirling steel...

And bataillons advance to the beat of the pas de charge...

Regards,

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:15 pm 

Gentleman , a most entertaining and lively exchange - General Schmidgall what battle pre tell is this? I have, not knowing the battlefield upon which you are presently engaged upon, every confidence you will teach this bold Spaniard a lesson in the French Art of War.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:50 pm 

Alas, the Monastery of the Chosen Few is located in the center of town. During a lull in the fighting a large group of monks, at first I thought they were Old Guard they were so large but smelled of old books so I knew they were not the enemy, came forth from their damaged holy place. They implored us to stop this sinful conduct we were involved in. As they brought several casks of a renowned local wine they prepare, both sides stopped to listen. Supposedly they wash their feet before stomping. Gives a cleaner taste, especially in the 1800's. Well, the wine was so good, the words of peace so strong, and the sense of good will and honour so strong, the good General and I agreed to a ceasefire and to withdraw from the field of battle. A Draw will be etched in the annals of both units.

Now to move on to another conflict. Long live the Coalition and the King of Spain!

Lloyd's Battery, Royal Artillery
Royal Regiment of Artillery
Reserve Artillery & Engineers

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:37 pm 
God Save the King, Capitao Bradshaw, but not the pathetic excuse for Bonaparte's blood that the Corsican Despot deposited upon the throne of Spain. Death to the Miserable Minions of the Corsican Fool! :shock: :twisted: :mrgreen:

You wouldn't happen to have any of that fine wine left, would you? :) :D :P

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:15 pm 

what pray sir would a Hanoverian do with a fine wine ? - (then again if one had to drink that poison they call alcohol anything different would be a rare treat )

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:26 pm 
Salute!

L'Chevalier enters the chamber with a smile and greets those gathered therein.

Ah gentlemen, so good to see some of my favorite officers present at this battle map table.

It will please me greatly to partake of some of this local vintage wine from the vineyards of Lobau, where this battle was waged.

Indeed, I can say that the scenario M15 NC5 Confederation of the Rhine vs Austria was great fun!

I highly recommend it to those interested in a meeting engagement with plenty of room for grand tactical decisions, favoring both offensive and defensive options.

And it was my great pleasure to make the acquaintance of Capitao Bradshaw, and I recommend him to any who seek a fine opponent upon these battle maps.

Regards,