Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:56 am 

I think the Hanoverian Commander needs to give the Ratte more to keep him busy.
He has too much time on his hands!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:59 pm 

I would be happy to join my French team, in whatever battle is chosen.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:05 am 
Salute!

The Chevalier is glad to see his comrade-in-arms de Cuirassier volunteering to join the up-coming foray upon the battle maps.

Pouring wine from the bottle he beckons his friend over and hands a glass to him.
"It is good to have you among the Escadron," he tells him.

"When last did we adventure together? Oh yes, the battle on the banks of the Katzbach!
"Our victory there was one of the few La Grande Armee celebrated on that day.

Pausing to refill his own glass from the wine bottle before continuing to speak...

"I've had word from Lieutenant Karol Toth, serving among our Artillerie a Cheval who is readying his cannons as we speak, to add their roar to our Escadron.

"Soon we should be able to conclude terms of conflict with the Hanoverian Brigade."

As the cat Josephine jumps up into his lap, the Chevalier casts a glance across the way where the veritable menagerie was crowded around der Jager.

Regards,

Last edited by Todd Schmidgall on Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:24 am 
Excellent. One more French officer and we shall have a go of it. I suppose we need to resolve the location of the field. I have not actually been able to locate the scenarios you mentioned, Todd, but I also don't have my Eckmuhl game updated to 1.14. Those scenarios may be in the 1.14 version.

I cannot honestly say that I am fond of playing the Austrian Army, as their handling is so much different than the 'French' method that I employ. I would have to admit that it would be a learning experience for me, but probably good for me overall. I am sure I will figure it out as I go. I am also not very fond of the 15 minute turns as I think the 10 minute turns are far superior, but I can work around that as well.

Is everyone set up to play Eckmuhl except Mike and me? I do have the game, but I will need to load it onto my better computer if we are to play it. All I currently have loaded is Bautzen, Leipzig, and 1814. Simple enough to fix.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:08 am 

If you need an actual Austrian, look no further. Gen Jones--I hear you on your frustration playing as the Austrians, especially in 1809! But I keep coming back to them. Maybe I am glutton for punishment..

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:54 pm 
Salute!

It is nice to see the battle map room so full of officers these past days!

Talk of Kulm, Matrix Games, and now on to Eckmuhl.

I don't think the scenarios I mentioned were involved in an update, but I could be wrong.

I will say that the scenario titles all begin to blend together when scrolling through the Main Menu.

Bunches and bunches of Eck's to look at.

The one's I refer to are just over halfway down the menu.
As I said, lots of Eck's, followed by numbers, followed by more letters, and then yes, more numbers.

Look for eck4p1, the rest in the same series simply come right after, ending with the numbers 2,3,4.

The Austrian Armee of 1809 is by far superior to what was fielded in 1805, and earlier.
This is the same armee after all that brought you Aspern-Essling, and the near run affair at Wagram.

The problem with the Austrian Armee of that era in my opinion was the command/control, leadership, at the Corps level.

ArchDuke Charles has always been one of my favorite Allied generals.

As for the Escadron, I'm not sure I will be able to find a fourth officer.
But the three I've got lined up (including myself) should suffice for the division of command for the Armee d' Allemagne.

If you have four officers to field, that is fine, three on four sounds about right! :mrgreen:

Regards,

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:54 pm 

3 players, 4 players, 6 players... I don't care. Let's get this thing rolling.

The four suggested scenarios look intriguing enough, unless someone has a better suggestion.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:04 pm 

I stand ready and await orders!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:16 pm 

Very interest, count me inTodd. :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:40 pm 

Does that give us 4 on each side?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:03 pm 

Glad to see this multiplayer game is going to get off the ground. I'm still interested in a 1v1 battle of Hunting Davout if there are any takers.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:05 am 

Mike,

Come and try hunting me (Davout) down. I'm interested and my return rate will be better than with our current 1813 campaign, as the Fall Campaign scenarios are very large, indeed. Send a messenger my way, Sir, if you'd like.

:)