Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Looking to Hunt Davout
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:38 am 

Any Frenchies interested?

Send a PM and we can discuss optional rule settings.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:40 pm 
Would this scenario be suitable for a good Brigade Challenge? I cannot look at it from where I am is why I ask.

I was thinking that maybe four Hanoverians could take on four Frenchies from their Cavalry Reserve.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:31 pm 

I'm not sure what would qualify as making it suitable.

There are about 65,000 - 70,000 men on each side.

I'd be up for it though.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:22 pm 
I will take a look at the scenario tonight. Specifically I would be looking for a balanced engagement with commands that could be logically divided.

I have forgotten which game title includes this scenario, but based on the games you own, I would assume it is Austerlitz. I am hoping it is a 10 minute turn version as they play much better in my opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:39 pm 

It's Eckmuhl actually.

As for an easy to divide command structure, that might be a bit tricky for 4.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:05 pm 
Ha! I have never played a game in Eckmuhl, although I have owned the title for three years. I knew you owned Waterloo and Austerlitz, but did not know you had Eckmuhl as well. So much for our up to database.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:09 pm 

MCJones1810 wrote:
Ha! I have never played a game in Eckmuhl, although I have owned the title for three years. I knew you owned Waterloo and Austerlitz, but did not know you had Eckmuhl as well. So much for our up to database.

That would be my fault. Didn't know where to update the database. I have Eckmuhl and Leipzig in addition to Waterloo and Austerlitz now.

If this one is not suitable for a MP game, I'd be up for another scenario. I'll buy another title if I have to. :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:34 pm 
Hey, hey, now I do like your attitude!

I'll drink to that.

(Heck, I'll drink to anything really.)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:00 pm 
Salute!

The Chevalier strides into the chamber of battle maps, and hearing mention of La Reserve Cavalerie he approaches the knot of Hanoverian officers.

"Der Wolf and Der Jager, greetings! The Escadron is presently being formed. Apparently the initial muster of officers have gone in search of remounts following the ordeal in the Russias.

"However, a challenge is certainly something that would be of interest.

"There are four other scenarios from Eckmuhl (other than Hunting Davout) that I would direct your attention to for consideration.

"These are eckp1,2,3,4.

"These scenarios pit 4-5 Corps on each side against one another, and would certainly be good for team matches (of 2 -3 officers per side).

"Take a look at them and let me know what you think.
"I might suggest that a random die roller determine the scenario played of these four, as there are subtle differences between them.

"I will keep you informed as to the progress of the Escadron's continuing effort at mustering.

"Now, about that drink..."

Regards,

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:39 pm 

The door opens and in staggers the Rat.

"What happened to you sir?" asks the Hunter

"The French are another of their smelly recruiting drives! Perfume and feathers for all those who sign up!" states the Rat.

"Anyway, if you need a third for this little get together, count me in!"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:45 pm 

So has the Rat been washed and flea spray applied? Oh, and maybe a little perfume to clean him up some.

Battle On...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:50 pm 

"Vell, If a fourth ist needed, you can count on mir!" Said a voice coming from a large comfy chair in the corner. All that was visible where a pair of legs and boots as the owners head and torso where buried underneath his coat. Peeking his head out, Der Wurger mentioned, "Helga, ein mal Bier, Bitte. Ah gentlemen, if I'm to be involved and it is Ekmuhl, give me a heads up zo I can purchase der title. Ah, Danke Mein Schotz, (glug, glug, glug)....Ahhhh, das ist gut! Und Jetzt, ich schlafen. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:56 pm 

I hope Général Schmidgall gets his Cavalerie de Reserve Bataillon d'Honnuer officers ready for this battle. He will be battling some of my favorite enemies!

Battle On and Have Fun!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:14 pm 

Yes, the Rat cleaned up,

and to be honest, which would you rather see?

OR

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:23 am 
Dang, I am so confused. The French recruits look just like their Marechals to me. The similarities in the unifirms are shocking. I guess the difference is that the Recruit does not get his baton until he graduates from his training. :o :shock: :roll:

(Kidding, of course. Many of the French Marechals actually earned their batons.)

Nice tux, Sir Rat. You do clean up well, sir. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: