Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:00 pm 

Tony Barrett wrote:
Sir, <salute>

Thank you for the offer but at moment no to Waterloo. I am not ready for such an undertaking.

I am currently playing a twin battles scenario and want to learn what I can from that one.

At the moment I wish to fight the Matrix version of Borodino. This will be interesting as I am currently playing 2 different HPS scenario's of Borodino and it will be interesting to compare.

I will venture a look at Waterloo scenario's later in the year.

It does seem as though I will be getting into the record books as the 2nd Lt beaten by the most Marechal's of France at this rate. That in itself isn't a bad thing but would prefer to be in a position to give you a bit of a challenge. ;-)

I was playing Borodino against your Lt D French but something has befallen him, I can only hope it is simply a case of equipment malfunction. But till he returns to there are other battles to be fought.

Your future foe,

Perhaps its just as well.. Monsieur le Marechal Bardon has not yet imparted all his wisdom to me in our training session. :D

2ème Brigade,
2ème Division,
1er Corps d'Armée,
La Grande Armée

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:08 pm 

Hello good Sir, If you are still looking for a French opponent for KTF, I will gladly accomodate you. You can send your courier to my tent :
hammer2722@yahoo.com

Cheers!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:36 pm 

The young Lt smiles, then lets out an ungentlemanly "Whoop!".

He goes to the local chapel to thank God for sending him a mere Lt to fight. Such a relief from all those Marechals of France.

On return to the forum to reply to the challenge he notices something important that he had missed earlier.

The Lt is a former General, that's a bit below a Marechal but still very senior. It seems my God is playing with me. Will I never get to face a novice.

But duty calls and I hope I never put anyone in a position to be able to say I did not do my duty.

Sir <Salute>

I accept your challenge.

Skirmishers to stay close to main body of the army - no special forces tricks.
No use of supply leaders skirmishers to block ZOC escape.
Cavalry would not attack into woodland so can travel through it and fight if contact made but no deliberately attack.
all optional rules except isolation and line movement restriction.

I think above is pretty standard but then I am genuinely new to this ;-)

Oh and one other optional rule - French lose ;-)

anthony.barrett@outlook.com

Take note the only person who has called me Anthony since I was 14 is my mom! It is Tony. I could not get tony as email address.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:27 pm 

Good sir, as I understand the rules:

Skirmishers to stay close to main body of the army - Shall we say 2 (unless skirmishers are in woods or town hexes) hexes from any parent brigade unit or leader when in the open?

No use of supply leaders skirmishers to block ZOC escape- absolutely! perish the thought sir!

No cavalry charges into woods or across obstructed hexes or hexsides.

all optional rules except isolation and line movement restriction- This acceptable sir!

Send me your e-mail addy and I will get the file started and back to you tonight.
Cheers!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:47 pm 

email - anthony.barrett@outlook.com

But I am Tony not Anthony ;-)

Looking forward to this - I work a rotating shift system some days I have difficulty playing a turn others I can play a number of turns. Movement phase in this takes a while for both sides but I try to get the game back to opponents within 48 hours.