Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Italy vs Poland M15-NC1
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:49 am 

As an officer-about-town, resplendent in my Spanish Brigade uniform, I was drinking with some of my Polish brethren when they said, "Amigo, come join us in a fight against some Italians that are lurking nearby. Our forces are about equal but we are just all round better fighters so victory is guaranteed. Because when you have Polish in your title you just naturally shine." How could I resist such enthusiasm. So I packed up all my troubles in my old kit bag... ; oh wait. different war.

So my able bodied servant Maria, and I mean that in so many ways, got my baggage into the wagons, a good supply of nourishment and refreshment to go with it, and I am ready to do battle.

With that said, I am looking for a French officer of minimal capabilities, prone to using supply wagons as scouts, and would be considered an embarrassment in Pierre's House of ill repute, or is affectionately known as the French HQ. If not, one of you other blue coats to sign on.

Usually I can do a turn a day but will be taking a vacation for 10 days Oct 19 -28. Not sure yet if I will be able to play in that time period.

Lloyd's Battery, Royal Artillery
Royal Regiment of Artillery
Reserve Artillery & Engineers

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:41 am 

As I stood outside the open flap of my tent I was struck by the sheer silence of the day. No sounds of horsemen approaching with word of an opponent. No hint of a drunk French infantryman tasked with the duty, slightly disorientated as their recruiting standards have dropped several levels, nor the whine of an artillery shell with a well placed note attached accepting the challenge. The silence was deafening. Perhaps an idea of a balanced battle goes against a soldier's instinct. Start with the advantage and ram it all the way down the enemy's throat would be the school of thought. But think of it as a duel, mano y mano. May the best man win and all that stuff.

Minutes passed until Maria called from inside the warm tent, " My Bull, come back to me. I will take your mind off of what disturbs you. And did I tell you I met General Marco Bijl's sister? The one from his coat of arms? We are going to become great friends." How could I resist. Maria can be as intoxicating as a Jager infused meat pie.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:41 pm 

The sparkling French General slowly guides his resplendent grey mount through the dusty, pock-marked Calle de Las Mujeres Perdidas. The air is gritty with the acrid smell of cordite and rancid odor of rotting meat and other undefined objects.

Through the dust and squalor, there appears a dandy on a dashing steed, with silver bangles and other finery, so out of place in the squalid streets. On closer examination and with my hand slowly drawing my sword, I see it is an emissary, so I remove my hand from my sword and salute the brave lad. He dismounts and the filthy street dust billows up on his once highly polished boots. They are now covered with muck and other unimaginable goo. He straightens and finishes closing the buttons on his trousers, that seemed so in disarray. He salutes with a shaking hand and says: "Sjahdsj deaksde a battle", his speech slurred by the grape and his recent futile endeavors in the shabby, rundown tavern to his rear.

I decide to accept the obvious challenge, but I know I cannot keep up with a daily battle, but will valiantly endeavor to compete, with alacrity.

I dismount with distaste, but grasp the proffered hand and we both remount our steeds and trot off in opposite directions.

waryor[at]gmail[dot]com

President, Colonial Campaigns Club

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:18 am 

"The sparkling French General slowly guides his resplendent grey mount through the dusty, pock-marked Calle de Las Mujeres Perdidas. The air is gritty with the acrid smell of cordite and rancid odor of rotting meat and other undefined objects."

Mon ami, those smells are the delicacies of a good old fashioned BBQ!. Stay off your horse and join me. If you are not used to such fare it may have some impact on your bowels, but as a hearty veteran it should be no bother. I have added some spices from Morocco to spice it up a bit. I sent a messenger asking for your thoughts on rules of engagement.

Thank you for accepting the challenge. I have been sucked into these games so much that when I open the email and see no turns available, I think of what has this world come to! Damn Mr. Tiller and his evil ways.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:41 pm 

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:22 pm 

The camp rooster crowed a bit earlier than I wanted. My servant Maria, blessed Lady in Waiting and former Novice, insisted I celebrate the forth coming battle with ample spirits and good cheer. The officers at hand sang brave songs and bragged of daring deeds that will occur. Good omen for the next day. But when I threw open the tent flap to see what the day brought I saw that it brought Italians! Hundreds of them, smack dab in front of me! So close the artillery banged loudly, which did not sit well with my throbbing head.

I quickly barked out orders and prepared for the onslaught.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:13 pm 

The Prince sat tall in the saddle and peered at the line of troops opposite his elite soldiers and said to his aide: Passare il speghetti e polpette, per favore.