Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:54 pm 

Recently picked up the WATERLOO game. Turns in other games are not coming in fast enough to satisfy my addiction to these games.

So I am thinking of scenario 003 Chatelet v1 with the default optional rules. This would be in the blind for me. So the thought is an officer of French persuasion, slow of mind and weak in bravery, will march forward to accept. I can usually do a turn a day. It is 15 turns. Always open to counter proposals.

My command tent is on the road marked as nh260 at msn dot com. Translated into French it reads as " Spain wins again!"
I await your message whilst sipping mulled wine in the spirit of the forthcoming holiday while my stalwart companion Maria reads passages from the Bible to guide me along the path to victory over the unwashed, immoral, godless French.

Lloyd's Battery, Royal Artillery
Royal Regiment of Artillery
Reserve Artillery & Engineers

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:12 pm 
A French officer who is slow of mind and weak in bravery, eh? I wonder the odds.... :o :evil: :twisted:

And as far as the "unwashed, immoral, godless" aspect, well, it really is all about the hope of salvation anyway, isn't it? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:32 pm 

Yes, the Coalition forces are mandated to bring salvation and hope, once again, to these poor, misguided miscreants. Led astray by a family of questionable Corsican tyrants. We really are doing the Lord's work!

Amen, my brethren. On to Paris!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:09 am 

Yes indeed - a French player would have to be slow of mind to take on that scenario. The problem is the scenario was never updated to take into account later patches regarding bridge damage - units could cross even with 1 point left on a bridge. Not now. Good choice of game though as you get the company level scenarios as a bonus.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:25 am 

Hmmm , that is good strategic information. Just goes to show what a newbie I am! If there is another scenario one of the "misguided ones" would like to try, I am open to suggestions, bribes, black mail ....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:42 pm 

I sent you a private message.

email me at dukemat@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:59 am 

Salute Major

I must point out to all Allied Officers that the French are not slow of mind or weak in bravery, we are just giving you fellows the chance to win a few battles as we are kind like that.

Hopefully, in fact, Clint Mathews will, definately give you a bloody nose and a good whipping you won't forget and maybe even parade you around Paris sitting backwards on a horse.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:18 am 
Have no fear, Major Bradshaw. Were the French to stumble into such blind luck, most likely preceded by some form of base treachery, as to capture your person with the intention of making a spectacle in Paris, the entire Anglo-Allied Army would march upon the city to effect your rescue. A man of your outspoken wit must be expeditiously retrieved and returned to his brigade. :wink: :D :P

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:37 pm 

In case of such a disaster I have a "Plan B". I scrunch down into a shorter profile, turn my hat sideways, climb onto Maria's white horse and yell, " En garde, touche', parle vous hum-a-hum-a", all the while pointing in the opposite direction of my lines. Being blindly obedient and non questioning, my captors will ride off into who knows what and I will make my escape.

And Clint and I have begun this epic fight for Righteouness and have already exchanged the obligatory "Hello, how are you" volley.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:29 pm 
You know, Major Bradshaw, I do believe your 'Plan B' would actually work. :o :shock: :wink:

Which would in no way preclude the liberation of Paris by the Anglo-Allied Army anyway......just for the fun of doing so. :evil: :twisted: :mrgreen: