Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:38 am 

I am a newly commissioned lieutenant having just finished being trained at the Ecole Militaire. I am seeking just one battle on the fields of Jena/Auerstaedt. I would like to try my luck with any one of the Sharnhorst's Campaign Plan - Alternate Version scenarios. You may pick the scenario, that's right, you may "choose your doom!" I perfer to play with all optional rules checked on except: manual defensive fire, rout limiting, no retreat overruns, partial retreats, line movement restriction, multiple infantry melees. I would also like to play using the MoE IV rules but without the embedded melees. Since I am only looking for one battle at this time, it's "first come - first fought!"

Last edited by John Mathews on Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:44 pm 

Wow, 45 views and still no opponent steps forward. Is this the typical way the Allies represent themselves? Are they afraid of a newly commissioned lieutenant? Could it be that it's just too many battles to choose from and they can't make up their minds which one favors the Prussian side the most? Please allow me to ease your decision, how about . . .

Sharnhorst's Campaign Plan-Alternate Version scenario Luckau-Lubbenau-15.
The Prussian's outnumber the French by 2,342 men, firmly control all four of the 250 point objective hexes and the French need to get more than 1,000 points just to get a draw. Surely that should favor the Prussian side enough for atleast one Allied officer to "man-up!"

As before, I still perfer to play with all optional rules checked on except: manual defensive fire, rout limiting, no retreat overruns, partial retreats, line movement restriction, multiple infantry melees. I would also like to play using the MoE IV rules but without the embedded melees.

Since I am only looking for one battle at this time, it's "first come - first fought," but no need to hurry since nobody seems willing to fight me anyway!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:46 pm 
Someone please step up and give this new officer a fight. I do not have Jena loaded on my computer at present, so I have no idea about the scenario he has selected. We do not want our new fellows to be without a game as that defeats the whole purpose of our club.

John, if no one responds, I will personally find you an opponent.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:10 pm 

Greetings Major General Jones,

Thanks for your kind words and offer but I think I may be better off finding my own opponent. I fear that you will arrange for the meanest most talented Field Marshall the Allies have to completely destroy me and drag my worthless carcass from one side of the map to the other just to make an example of me! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:07 pm 
Nah, I don't make examples of Lieutenants... :roll: :roll: :roll:

You have to be at least a Capitaine first.... :o :evil: :twisted:

Actually, what I normally do is ask your Trainer how he would rank your skill from 1 to 10, and then pair you with a young Coalition officer who is comparible. :wink: :) :D

You have to be at least a Chef d' Battalion before I would pair you with an Anglo-Allied Field Marshall, or one of my harmless Hanoverians. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Honestly though, my goal is that you play games and have fun, because that is what I think the NWC should be all about for our members. I would encourage you at some point to challenge one of our very best if you wish to truly improve your play. It is normally a painful experience, but well worth the sacrifice if you wish to grow as a player. I was fortunate to have perhaps the very best Trainer in our club instructing me from the first day, and then by having arguably the most dangerous Vieille Gardsman beat the living daylights out of me while I rose from a Lieutenant to a Major. It hurt. It hurt very badly, but I learned everything I could from the experience. :shock: :roll: :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:42 pm 

Greetings Major General Jones,

Thank you sir, that is a generous offer you make and it appears I might need some assistance. Being a fair minded French officer as all of us in La Grande Armee are, I will gladly offer my services as an "Allied Punching Bag" should an Allied officer be in need of an opponent. Just let me know when I can return your kindness. I will keep an open spot reserved and at the ready, which shouldn't be too difficult considering how hard it is to get into a good fight around here! :mrgreen: Please keep in mind that presently I only own Jena and Austerlitz to battle with. I was considering getting the HPS Russian Campaign, but I am waiting because I think I read in the forum that it could use an update which may or may not be in the works.

I am not overly concerned about who I play or what their rank may be, although nobody enjoys being greatly out-classed in battle. I am more concerned about giving a good fight and improving while having some fun. One of the reasons I picked a big scenario was because I figured I would learn a lot while still a lowly lieutenant before I rose in rank without having the proper skills to back it up. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:14 pm 

Sadly I only have HPS NRC and Matrix BG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:13 pm 

I will surly take you on but not that game!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:33 pm 

Now if you are up to it #15 rules just general cav can't fight in town but can attack from clear hex into forest and towns ,if Nap is killed game over!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:00 am 

Greetings General Seeney,

Thanks for your interest, but I do not understand some of your comment:
Now if you are up to it #15 rules just general cav can't fight in town but can attack from clear hex into forest and towns ,if Nap is killed game over!

I understand about Empereur Napoleon getting killed the game is over but then I would have to insist the same thing apply for King Frederick-William.

I thought the MoV IV rules were the accepted house rules and would rather stick to them and the other rules and options I mentioned.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:10 am 

I have been informed that offering to "mirror" the battle might generate enough interest to get an opponent. I think it would take a lot of time and effort to mirror such a big battle, but I can handle it, can you? I will gladly mirror this battle.

Last edited by John Mathews on Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:02 am 

Salute Comrade

This is usually the case with the Allied Officers, get used to it as they like to hide behind the women's skirts.

You will get an opponent when one brave enough steps forward.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:54 pm 

If you are man enough to play without these Tournament rules and man enough to play a man game then I am ready to met you on the battle field 1806 HPS game #15. If the King is killed or Nappy then game over you have the avenge of having the numbers and the moral on your side now man up! 8) :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:31 pm 

Greetings General Seeney,

I just want to clarify things for the record.

We are talking about playing Jena - Sharnhorst's Campaign Plan-Alternate Version scenario Luckau-Lubbenau-15.

We agree to play with all optional rules checked on except: manual defensive fire, rout limiting, no retreat overruns, partial retreats, line movement restriction and multiple infantry melees.

We agree to play without the MoE IV rules.

We agree that if you kill or capture Empereur Napoleon you instantly win.

We agree that if I kill or capture King Frederick-William I win instantly.

I agree to all of the above. Let me know if you also agree and I'll send you the campaign file for you make your set-up selections later tonight when I get home.

And for the record, the Prussian's outnumber the French by 2,342 men in that scenario and I think the morale is about even.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:59 pm 

Game is 15.5H-2 Rules VPL- RL-IR- OFR-MTM-CPTF- TDM-WZC-FMM-OMR-MCM-NME are you up to it young Monsieur I been in this 10years have had many games with your Korps Commander when I was in the LGA.