Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Allied Player for 1813
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:12 pm 

Salute Allied Gentlemen,

have one of you enough courage for the whole 1813 campaign, spring and fall of course.

Don't be afraid, we need only the spring campaign :mrgreen:

Or the battle of Leipzig as a campaign game.

MOEIV rules if you like.

Your choice gentlemen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:36 pm 

I can accomodate you sir. Please send your courier to blackburnedATbellsouthDOTnet.
:D

La Grande Armée

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:02 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:57 pm 
EaglesFly wrote:
Good Luck Michael

Against an Anglo-Allied Field Marshall, he certainly is going to need it. :shock: :roll: :wink:

But it will not likely be enough to save him. :evil: :twisted: :mrgreen:

Best of luck to you, Sir Blackburn, although I am sure you will not need it! I will start making the transport arrangements for all of the stolen treasures you will recover when you defeat this Parisian Disident. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:46 am 

Thanks for your hopeful words Mark. :oops:

But you must know, in Paris is still many place for more things from europe :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:56 am 
Actually, I hope the two of you have fun regardless of who wins, but whenever a Frenchman responds only wishing good fortune to the French officer, I feel obligated to support the Coalition officer with a post. It looks rather bad otherwise.

Best of luck to the both of you. I am certain you will have an enjoyable game.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:14 am 

Mark, I can assure you my post was intended in good taste as we on the French side a quite aware of the abilities of Field Marshall Blackburn - for I personally have felt the brunt of Ed's sword on several occasions ( as I am presently engaged in three Battles with Ed ) - so I was merely wishing a fellow V Corp officer luck against a formidable Allied opponent - I am sure Ed would have taken no offense to the exchange - as I in fact would take the post as a compliment if a former opponent wishes my new opponent good luck
Best Regards

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:49 am 

I am sure General Jones meant no offense and he just cannot help having fun on the verbal battlefield.... I am happy that Maréchal Purcell has come forward to cover his new 3éme Division Commandant's flank, the LGA can and will win! Battle On Lieutenant Colonel Hödl and may your skill on the battlefield and the gods of war help you in this endeavor so, and now I need to get back to my battle...

Battle On...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:50 am 
I never took Roy's post to be disrespectful. In these forums, I role play a hard bitten, Jagermeister swilling, Hanoverian who hates Napoleon Bonaparte more than pigs hate soap. I could have simply replied, "Good luck, Ed", but I really don't see a lot of fun in that. Now, I fully know that not everyone enjoys role playing, but I certainly do. You need to take that into account any time you read one of my posts, particularly if you are an LGA officer. When I post as the Club President, you will see a definitely different tone.

I have played many a game with Ed during our playtesting of the 1814 title. He is a fine gentlemen and a talented player. I am currently engaged in MP with Michael, but cannot readily identify him from the three other French officers engaged, so I honestly don't know his skill level. What I do know is that rank does not necessarily equate to skill, and would certainly not assume in reality that Ed will walk all over Michael. It could well be the opposite. I really don't know. My hope would be that they were evenly matched and have a very enjoyable experience playing each other. Given what I do know of the personality of both men, I think they will have fun regardless of how their battles play out. That, in my humble opinion for whatever it is worth, is the goal for which we all should strive.

And now, back to the issue at hand.....

In difference to what your esteemed counterpart, Marechal Kling, believes to be the case, I would say that LGA "can" win this engagement, but would place my money on them losing, just as certainly as that miserable Corsican excuse for a ruler that you so blindly follow will one day be exhiled to a barren rock on which he will expire. Well, if a Hanoverian bullet does not get him first, that is. :shock: :wink: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:58 am 

"I never took Roy's post to be disrespectful. In these forums, I role play a hard bitten, Jagermeister swilling, Hanoverian "

I believe from the You Tube videos from your neck of the woods, it is more than in the forums. Just an observation ..... :wink:

Lloyd's Battery, Royal Artillery
Royal Regiment of Artillery
Reserve Artillery & Engineers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:18 am 

Thank you Roy and Mark, we are all friends here and soon Micahel and I will get to know each other better as well. :D

La Grande Armée

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:02 am 

Quote:
In difference to what your esteemed counterpart, Maréchal Kling, believes to be the case, I would say that LGA "can" win this engagement, but would place my money on them losing, just as certainly as that miserable Corsican excuse for a ruler that you so blindly follow will one day be exiled to a barren rock on which he will expire. Well, if a Hanoverian bullet does not get him first, that is.

Life is short, so I would place my money on Lieutenant Colonel Hödl and the V Corps Commandant Maréchal Purcell, you cannot take it with you and that no one can disagree with, well unless you are an Egyptian Pharaoh. I think my post was misinterpreted or presently incorrectly. I was pointing out the Maréchal defense of his officer and fellow member of the LGA, against the Hanoverian Verbal Warmonger.

So because I really have no money there really is no point to all this jabbering, unless it is distracting the Hanoverian General long enough for General Schmidgall's cat "Josephine to finish peeing on the Hanoverian's boots!

Oh one more thing...

Battle On...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:18 am 

Well done Josephine - General Schmidgall - who says you cannot train a cat !! -

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:53 pm 
Oh, how quickly you forget the story of 'Prince'. Peeing on my boots would be a very poor tactic for a French feline to adopt. (although that is pretty dang funny!) :D :P :mrgreen:

"Hanoverian Verbal Warmonger" - A good one, Al. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And I really am lost when it comes to your You Tube reference, Richard. :?: :?: :?: