Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:35 pm 

I would like to play the Luckau-Lubbenau-15 scenario found in the Sharnhorst's Campaign Plan-Alternate Version section of the Campaign Game Front End of the HPS Jena-Auerstaedt Campaign Game.

I would prefer to play with all optional rules checked on except: manual defensive fire, rout limiting, no retreat overruns, partial retreats, line movement restriction and multiple infantry melees, but will consider your preferences.

I can play using the MoE IV rules or without them.

Last edited by John Mathews on Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:32 am 

I do not think you will find an Allied opponent willing to play this scenario with rout limiting OFF. This makes the scenario nearly unwinnable for the Allied player due to the excellent C&C of the French and the horrible same for the Prussians. :D

If no junior Allied player will step forward I will accept this battle, and we can play with the rules as you have specified with rout limiting OFF.

La Grande Armée

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:10 pm 

Greetings Field Marshal Blackburn,

Thanks for the info and offer. Please forgive my lack of knowledge and experience but I didn't think rout limiting would be such a big issue. I thought that it would affect both armies equally, turned on or off. If having it on helps the Prussians from routing, won't it also help the French from routing? No matter, if turning it on will help me get some opponents, then on it shall be! :)

I haven't noticed a line of couriers waiting in line outside my tent to deliver challenge notices. :) I'll have to check my emails when I get home later this evening, but I doubt that I have any challenges waiting. How long do you suggest I wait for a junior officer to step up?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:27 am 

No longer interested in this one John?

La Grande Armée

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:29 pm 

I still want to play it and many other scenarios in Jena, too bad it's not a more popular game. My frustration and anger over the whole situation got the better of me and I decided to try getting into a different battle. Apparently from the reply it just got, that too is a bad choice for a battle. I am starting to think that the Allies need to be guaranteed at least a minor victory before they'll bother crawling out of the woodwork! :mrgreen:

You didn't seem like you really wanted to play and why should you as it wouldn't be much fun for you to kick some lowly lieutenant's arse all around the battlefield, I get that. For me it would have been and honor and privilege to play a high ranking officer as I would surely learn a lot from the experience. I would have needed Lady Luck smiling on me the whole battle just to squeak by with a draw.

If you want to play it, I'll cancel the other post and play you.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:40 pm 

LOL, I certainly did not mean it like that. I will be happy to play. Please send a courier to blackburnedATbellsouthDOTnet and we will arrange it.

La Grande Armée

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:14 pm 

It will be an honor and privilege to battle you on the fields of Jena. I will send you a campaign selection file when I get home later this evening. We can work out which rules to use before we start.