Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Newbie HPS Waterloo
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:53 pm 

Newly minted Ensign in the Allied Coalition seeks similar level opponent for a HPS Waterloo scenario. Any rules, any scenario, and I'll play either side. Nalla_1@comcast.net.

Allan Hearne, Ensign
Anglo-Allied Coalition Army
Hanover Brigade
Grubenhagen Light Battalion

Post subject: Re: Newbie HPS Waterloo
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:00 pm 
Salute!

Ensign Hearne, have you yet to receive a response to your challenge to do battle?

If so, I will be glad to scour under the tables in Pierre's to see if I can roust up a newly minted Lieutenant of L'Empereur's eagles, who might yet be sleeping off a drunken celebration over his own new assignment to command.

There is nothing worse for me than to see an eager opponent languish for a sword to cross with upon the hallowed battle maps.

Regards,

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:27 pm 

I have just acquired Waterloo and would be happy to entertain a battle in any scenario.

Please let me know what suits

17ème Régiment d'Infanterie Légère
1ère Brigade
3ème Division
5éme Corps d'Armée
La Grande Armee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:17 am 

Ah isn't it good to see General Schmidgall that as soon as a challenge is put forward by one of our Coalition Brethren, a brave French officer steps up to take the challenge, Bravo Lieutenant.

Good luck Lieutenant Boustouler, not that you will need it of course, I'm sure the Ensign's sword will be adorning the wall of your quarters very soon.

A toast "To a French victory"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:08 am 
I would not characterize accepting an officer's challenge eleven days after it is posted as having been accepted "as soon as the challenge was put forward", Lt. Hornsby. That timetable more nearly approaches the marching rate of our Austrian supply services than the rapid manuever for which your Corsican Overlord is best known. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Still, I will join you in your toast to a "French Victory", but would also add my well wishes to Unicorns, Griffens, Spites, and Fairies since we are toasting all things that only rarely appear in our mortal realm. :D :P :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:28 am 

Bravo Sir, well you see all our officers are busy at the moment crossing swords with your fellow brethren on the fields of Europe so that is quick for us. As for Unicorns, Griffens, Sprites and Fairies, you mean they ain't real, it seems my whole world has now fallen apart. Mark how could you dash a young man's dreams like this, and to think all these years I believed in them. I even believeed the Spiderwick Chronicles were real.

Think I need to keep of the hard drink :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:49 am 

Can I just ask is there a Lieutenant Hornsby in the club now as I thought I had been promoted to Capitaine or have I been demoted for letting Napoleon be captured on the field of Waterloo during my tussle with Major-General Frampton. :( :cry: :cry: :cry: