Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:01 am 

I am looking to play some scenarios from both sides. Scenarios and rules are negotiable I have all the games. I will probably do two sets. If you are interested:

blackburnedATbellsouthDOTnet

La Grande Armée

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:01 pm 

Hi Ed
I am available to play both sides to :Matrix Game-Kutuzof turns to fight.

No house rules, but no use supply carts or skirmishers to surround for zone of control, except to surround other skirmishers.

Lieutenant Colonel Alessandro Stoppa

I Corps
2ème Division
Artillerie Divisionnaire
2ème Compagnie du 8ème Régiment d'Artillerie à Pied

email: itasfa@alice.it

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:05 pm 

Hi Alessandro, I only have HPS games. Do you have any HPS games? :frenchsalute:

La Grande Armée

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:37 pm 

Hi Ed,

Are you still looking for an opponent for mirror gamers? I have HPS games but only , Waterloo, Nap's russian campaign and Austerlitz seem to be working at the moment. Can't seem to get the laptop to load the others for some reason.

Let me know and we can discuss scenarios and rules. :frenchsalute:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:01 pm 

Hi Mike,

Yes, I can do one more set. Send me a courier blackburnedATbellsouthDOTnet

La Grande Armée

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:11 pm 
It was a certainty that you would procure a French opponent, Sir Blackburn, for any time you mention the word "mirror", the Frenchmen will flock to you in droves in the hope of gaining even the briefest glimpse of their own reflection. Good show, sir!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:04 am 

Yes we do enjoy reflection, usually basking in the reflected glory of our Emperor who's name liveth for ever more as the period he graced. That we French were able to use mirrors to good effect as we hear the phrases "French flair" French finery" etc....rather than Prussian order and Wellington gumboots!

However you would never hear a Frenchman utter the words "A mirror! A mirror! My kingdom for a mirror!"

If your conquering the world and setting it on a new better path then why not look good whilst doing it! :frenchvive1:

Alexander did, the Romans did and so did L'Emperor and his magnificent host :sly:

Anyone can wear rags as we see on the muddy and grubby scum of the earth, mindless peasants, over bleached masses and despicable bandits.

A sense of superiority is often achieved by first impressions....the French just carried that on in fact :frenchsalute:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:26 am 
Mike Ellwood wrote:
Yes we do enjoy reflection, usually basking in the reflected glory of our Emperor who's name liveth for ever more as the period he graced. That we French were able to use mirrors to good effect as we hear the phrases "French flair" French finery" etc....rather than Prussian order and Wellington gumboots!

However you would never hear a Frenchman utter the words "A mirror! A mirror! My kingdom for a mirror!"

If your conquering the world and setting it on a new better path then why not look good whilst doing it! :frenchvive1:

Alexander did, the Romans did and so did L'Emperor and his magnificent host :sly:

Anyone can wear rags as we see on the muddy and grubby scum of the earth, mindless peasants, over bleached masses and despicable bandits.

A sense of superiority is often achieved by first impressions....the French just carried that on in fact :frenchsalute:

"Hmmmm......yes, quite", said the Hanoverian Guardsman. "Too bad that they had to carry that 'sense of superiority' on into ultimate defeat and ruin for their country. A toast to the Frenchies, may they always look marvelous, even as they are hauled away to exile, no matter how barren the rock on which they may pass their last days."

:frenchdrunk: :frenchdrunk: :frenchdrunk:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:56 am 

That would be quite ironic coming from a Hanoverian :frenchdrunk:

Back to the fight. :frenchcharge: