Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:27 am 

:frenchsalute:

Sir,

what do you think about 019.QB_Ligny_v1? ;)

House rules

Skirmishers in companies (voltigeurs, schützen, riflemen, jagers, etc.) can move in the forests for 2 hexes.
Light infantry, Guard infantry, etc. can move in the forest for 2 hexes, provided that the entire battalion deployed into companies, and the last, core unit in column has about 100 people, just is 1 from 6.
Infantry in the column can move in the forest at 1 hex.
Infantry in line can't move and deploy in the forest.
Cavalry is always disorganized and moves 1 hex only in the forest.
Simulation of difficult maneuver in the forests and avoid losses from artillery by hiding in them. :idea:

Artillery can't move and unlimber in the forests, villages, castles and gardens.
They can move only on the pikes, roads and paths on these hexes.
Only can unlimber on the clear, open hexes, fields, hills, prepared forts and positions for cannons.
I mean the whole batteries, i. e. 3 - 12 guns on the battle stations.
Separately, lonely, divided sections, 1-2 guns or light, regimental guns (3-4 pounds) can everything, for example, unlimber in villages.
Simulations of cavalry carts, caissons ammunition behind them. :idea:

On the pikes, roads and patches will be order of march, 1 unit in the hex, except cover unit, skirmisher of infantry or squadron of cavalry on the artillery or supply wagon unit, of course I mean the whole marching columns.
Supply wagon can't move in the forests, villages, castles and gardens.
Only pikes, roads and patches on these hexes.
Simulations of hundreds wagons, luggages, baggages, munitions and forges, etc. :idea:

All cavalry regiments must be redeploy to squadrons.
The cavalry can't fight, melee and charge in the forest, villages, castles and gardens, of course, if attacked will be fight.
Only open spaces or on the pikes, roads and patches.
If they are dismounted, then can.

In the first turn, infantry in line in forest, villages, castles and gardens must change formation to column or leave this hex in line formation.

Artillery, supply wagon similarly.

All cavalry regiments must be redeploy to squadrons.

Option No Opportunity Fire Against Skirmishers is off, because I want simulation of firings of muskets by the units of both sides upcoming to themselves. :idea:

:frenchvive:

4ème Division de Dragons,
3ème Corps d'Armée,
La Grande Armée.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:45 am 

Hi,

I would like to play Ligny but your "house rules" are too strict on the game playing. I therefore would propose you the following (in italic letters)

Skirmishers in companies (voltigeurs, schützen, riflemen, jagers, etc.) can move in the forests for 2 hexes. (as many MP as possible)
Light infantry, Guard infantry, etc. can move in the forest for 2 hexes, provided that the entire battalion deployed into companies, and the last, core unit in column has about 100 people, just is 1 from 6. (I agree with the 2 hexes but without having to deploy to coys)
Infantry in the column can move in the forest at 1 hex. (I agree)
Infantry in line can't move and deploy in the forest. (I agree)

Artillery can't move and unlimber in the forests. (I agree)
They can move only on the pikes, roads and paths on these hexes. (No restrictions for artillery limbered)

Supply wagon can't move in the forests. (I agree)
Only pikes, roads and patches on these hexes. (no restrictions for supply wagons)

Option No Opportunity Fire Against Skirmishers is off, because I want simulation of firings of muskets by the units of both sides upcoming to themselves. (I don't mind)

etc

I see that in your other quest in the opponent finder for waterloo your house rules continue here onwards...
I am ready to discuss matters but we have to break it down somehow to more playability.

I also prefer to play as historical/realistic as possible.

If you are ready to make some comprimises I would be ready to battle you-any side as you wish.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:26 pm 

Hi Raymond,

thanks for reply, looks good, but now I have one game (021.QB_Ligny_v3 with Bartosz Zdzala) and probably I'll start other. So, at now, I'm full, I haven't more time. :frenchdrunk:

4ème Division de Dragons,
3ème Corps d'Armée,
La Grande Armée.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:37 pm 

no problem, take care, maybe some other time,

regards,