Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:50 am 

Whilst at the palace awhile ago, I was able to peer into my personnel file. Working past the glowing reference letters and "atta boys", for which I paid for, I came across a note from High Command. It used words like "inept", "incompetent", and "not sure he knows which end of the canon is the muzzle". I realized they were all lies spread by those jealous of my tailored uniform and stunning good looks.

With this said, I need to redeem my soiled name and rack up a string of stunning victories or minor French defeat. Leipzig and the Matrix NIR, Prelude to Waterloo, and Waterloo battles are available to me.

The spring rains and tornado season is fast approaching. I need the battles to distract me from nature's hardships.

Your servant,

Lloyd's Battery, Royal Artillery
Royal Regiment of Artillery
Reserve Artillery & Engineers

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:40 am 

Virus have you down? Your supply of Corona beers are looked at suspiciously? Can't leave the house because of quarantines and your next delivery of the sought after book of Napoleonic niceties has been indefinitely delayed? Well, fill that void with a go around of computer warfare. Just a thought in these troubling times.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:42 am 

As I take a leisurely stroll to the postal drop to see if any new replies have come in, I take note of two shadowy figures lurking nearby. Because of the dim light provided by the torches above a nearby door way and the close proximity of the drop box to the local house of ill repute, but well appreciated leisure activities, I loosen my blade just a bit from it's scabbard. As I draw closer I see one figure to be draped in a rather splendid cloak, obviously a gentleman of wealth and means. Or a scoundrel that recently liberated it from a poor soul without spilling blood on it. Either way he was a grizzled old coot. The other was a young man. Appears to be an infantry officer with a newly minted uniform. I brush the dust from my freshly polished boots and draw near.

I learn all of us are awaiting news from the French side of the No Fire Zone in reply to recent challenges for combat, or duels of honour. I fear it may be awhile and offer a taste from my flask. It is brandy, recently liberated during combat. I also suggest we may want to retire to the afore mentioned establishment to get out of the elements. I fear the young lad may be quicker than the others so he may be out by the post box early. The old Field Marshall may be in there for awhile. He could be taking his last breath there if exerted enough. Though there are worse ways to go.

… and life goes on.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:39 am 

SMACK, SMACK. :eagle: :frenchcharge:

:frenchdrunk:
Matrix version, either one, any scenario is fine. waryor [at]gmail[dot]com to discuss terms.

SMACK, SMACK. SMACK, SMACK. In case the first 2 didn't snap you out of your drunken stupor.

President, Colonial Campaigns Club

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:26 pm 

Oi!! Did you have to use a metal gauntlet? I thought fashion had developed to soft calf leather gloves!

It did sober me up though. Came to my senses and decided to go back to the house next door. I bet that FM is still there, hopefully awake.