Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:42 pm 

Hello
I was thinking about how the club presents itself on this board and I think it could be beneficial to change the opponent finder so that every developer has a section where interested can search for games, I refer to the ACWGC and how it looks there:
http://wargame.ch/board/acwgc/viewforum.php?f=18

When I remember correct I didn't come onto the NWC by the frontpage but first landed on this board, so if we show within the opponent finder section what developers the club supports it's a good way to reassure every Napoleonic interested person that we play more than the HPS/JTS series and maybe lead to more people join the club.
Besides that it's an obvious improvement on the structure to keep the overview, also because the thread titles are rather limited in length and it's hard to make a good individual thread title that incorporates info like what game is meant.

Thoughts on this?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:22 pm 

Well it's a good idea overall, especially since AGEOD is making Napoleon's Campaigns II. The unfortunate fact is that pretty much all of them have not had games played in several years. HistWar had a number last year, thanks to the efforts of Hakan Hen, but HistWar is now pretty much a dead game and Hakan has moved on and I think involved with Scourge of War: Waterloo now....a game we might want to consider, but its up to those who support & like it. The other games were great games, had members to play them for a while, like Crown of Glory, but it was never capitalized on and some of the policies of various forces back then & real life led to the members playing it just vanishing in the breeze. Now the games get poked at by people in the Matrix & Slitherine forums, but not often. A shame as they are really decent games.

So a good idea, but might not see a lot for a while. AGEOD has the most active following currently, though it is hard to get them to join a place separate from the AGEOD forums. It takes time & commitment.

We should at least consider this though. But we need to be a bit better about support for members too, something I struggle with myself more than I used to. :frenchoops:

Allied Coalition Webmaster & Club Website Support

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:00 pm 

We should not only try to cover the Napoleonic PC games but we should also add an "Unsanctioned Games" section where the member could search/find opponent for VASSAL board games, it seems there is a big amount of modules that cover the Napoleonic time:
http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Catego ... eonic_Wars
For details on the modules check out:
http://boardgamegeek.com

PS Thanks for moving.