Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:31 pm 

A lot of you remember when I posted the Wagram Expansion Pack to the Scenario Design Center (SDC) hosted by Steve Trauth. I wanted to post the link again just to be sure that the newer folks (and Scott Ludwig who is ever "young") knew the location.

http://hist-sdc.com/spotlights/nb_wagram.php

Philippe Devine and Warren Bajan helped test it and I need to note that on Steve's site as well as in the Read me doc that is in the zip file. Without their help I never could have gotten the units matched up correctly with the units.bmp file and 3D pics and in many cases isolated images that were just not correct.

In particular their help on the Confederation of the Rhine images was especially helpful, mainly with those of Hesse-Darmstadt but others as well.

I put together new images - French Legere for instance was wrong in the 3D images. Others too.

This Mod is a real move up from the original game. It includes "stock" OB files that have been modified. In other words I kept the same name but the contents were changed. The values for the units were not changed - just the numbering of the Units/3D image values.

I fully intend on correcting Eckmuhl too. Eckmuhl uses a different scale of images for the 3D. Wagram's images were larger I think.

I believe that the Wagram artwork set can work with Eckmuhl so all I will have to do is come up with corrected OB files.

If you dont feel good about using the OB files then just copy the entire game, apply the Mod to the copy and go from there.

I hope you like it. I nearly lost my mind (and Philippe and Warren too with my stubborn attitude about it) doing the work. I was in the midst of working on the Leipzig thru 1814 games and this was more than a minor annoyance to say the least to drop everything and work on it. But I must say that its nice that we now have a BETTER set of images.

Note: there are still things to correct in the set. I need to make images for the Austrian units that use the same 3D image. As this is low priority figure that that wont happen soon .... if at all really. It was very hard on my eyes to make correct images.

Last comment - this Mod uses the stock graphics style so those of you that prefer something else may not be interested.

For those that make Mods there is a PDF included in the set that explains the numbering I used. Unfortunately the original spreadsheet is on my damaged drive. If I ever can get that fixed I will post the spreadsheet too as its much easier to read.

Generalfeldmarschall Wilhelm Prinz Peters von Dennewitz

3. Husaren-Regiment, Reserve-Kavallerie, Preußischen Armee-Korps

Honarary CO of Garde-Ulanen Regiment, Garde-Grenadier Kavallerie

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

MDF, VP4LC, NRO, MTD, CMR, PR, MIM, NDM, OMR (ver 4.07)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:52 pm 

Nice, it would be nice too if we host that mod here.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:21 pm 

The file is not large. Up to the "management" on that. :frenchvive: :sly: :scottishduh: :frenchroll: :frenchwink1: :smug:

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:54 am 

Bill Peters wrote:
(and Scott Ludwig who is ever "young")......

:frenchlol: :frenchlol:

Ever forgetful is more like it....... :frenchcool :frenchshock: :frenchhappy:

Allied Coalition Webmaster & Club Website Support

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:55 am 

Bill Peters wrote:
The file is not large. Up to the "management" on that. :frenchvive: :sly: :scottishduh: :frenchroll: :frenchwink1: :smug:

I'll add it to my "to do" list.....just trying to get to October at this point......work finally let up on Friday when the person I needed to wave her magic wand about a big issue and make it go away, did..... :thumbsup:

Allied Coalition Webmaster & Club Website Support

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:15 pm 

No hurry, Scott. The SDC is a safe haven for files and I plan on posting my entire hard drive there! LOL (dead drive pun)

NWC Founding Member