Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: November Update
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:50 pm 

Hi folks, this is an update on what has been going on.

So far in November I received $200.00 from folks in the club. Thanks a lot guys - it really came in handy. Along with some money I got from another source it paid my rent, cell phone, cable, etc.

Tonight I went up to the market, locked up my bike, shopped and came out to find my bike gone. Two guys remember seeing someone take it but they were thinking it was the owner. It was done right in front of a bank of ATMs so maybe the bank will cooperate and let me view the security cams for tonight. Will check it out tomorrow after my VA appt.

This is a real loss. I suffer with prostate issues and walking is not a viable option. I really don't have the money for a vehicle yet. Must get a job and get things paid off first. So this is a setback.

However, for the next six weeks the bike was not an option. The surgeon told me to lay off the bike and use other means of getting around. Fortunately the market, library and locals shop are within walking distance.

Health update: tomorrow I go the West LA VA to do the Pre-Op(eration) appointment at 11am. I was not needing the bike for this anyway. Using public transportation to get down there. They will clear me for surgery (Tuesday November 17 in the morning) if all goes well tomorrow.

Unemployment update: I got the process going yesterday on my claim. The unemployment folks had my affidavit form that I had faxed them but for some reason they couldn't open it last week. When I called yesterday the worker was able to open it. I am all set to go on that end. They had my proof of income too. Should be getting funds from them soon.

Mental update: I am obviously a bit off based on having to lay low for many many weeks with this but hey, many of you have been here. However, the financial stress remains and I need to get through to January before I can really get back to work. During this time I will be looking to get my guard card. Once I have that I can easily find a job.

Lots of friends helping out here but financially they can only do so much. Several have given me $100 at a time. Really a blessing to me!

So I am hanging in there. I look at the loss of the bike that hey, I didn't need it for the next six weeks anyway and maybe I can end up with a cheap truck once I get work. Just praying that I can get a job that is within range of a short walk and a bus ride or two at the most.

Updated webpage should be up soon. Sent it off to Scott tonight.

Generalfeldmarschall Wilhelm Prinz Peters von Dennewitz

3. Husaren-Regiment, Reserve-Kavallerie, Preußischen Armee-Korps

Honarary CO of Garde-Ulanen Regiment, Garde-Grenadier Kavallerie

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

MDF, VP4LC, NRO, MTD, CMR, PR, MIM, NDM, OMR (ver 4.07)

Post subject: Re: November Update
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:18 pm 

Had health issues today that persist so was not able to make the bus trip over the hill to West LA for my appt.

Surgery on hold for now. Just doing the best I can.

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:12 pm 

Don't let it get you down.

MAYBE a Veterans organization can provide transportation for you. Contact, the VFW and American Legion for assistance, also, the Hospital MIGHT have a contact to provide transportation.

President, Colonial Campaigns Club

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:23 pm 

Well with what I had today transportation was not the issue ... something else afflicted me ...

I am actually enjoying a lovely Fall day, not pushing myself .. just relaxing and keeping from irritating the Sciatica.

NWC Founding Member