Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: June Update
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:03 am 

Here is the progress report on what is going on here in my old hometown of Reseda, Calif, USA:

1. Work on my latest game is coming along ... slowly but surely. The current campaign file is the largest I have done in some time. It has 69 branches in all. Last month I finished the campaign file itself (the typing part) and launched into the "campaign info/picture maps." It has taken a lot of time to do those but I have finished 54 of the branches and should have this part of the campaign done easily by the weekend if not much sooner. I have to work on the OB file next and then the scenarios.

2. One of my "Historical Consultants" turned me on to a battle that I can add in to the current project. He sent me OB info and an article outlining the battle. I have the area of the battle already mapped. A bit positive there.

3. I got a mountain bike (for free) from a friend. Its a low end model but it works. Had to do some minor repairs on it - adjust seat up higher and adjust the front brake pads. Shifting is rough but for now it works. Tires - inner tubes were low - made a crunching sound as the air was added ROFL - I was a bit worried that they were not going to hold but so far so good. Adding air to tires is an ongoing thing anyway but just hoping that these do not go flat before I can get them replaced. Did a couple of runs on the bike already to the market/bank and also got a nice "U Lock" which also came with a nice long cable for the tires. Good investment for $28. My area is a haven for bike thieves. I have had two bikes stolen ... am hoping that this lock will be the trick!

4. Still hunting work. A friend of mine in Idaho works at a plant and he may be able to help me get work in August/September. I would move back and get a room at a house and after a couple of weeks of rides get a truck too. Just hoping that my Sciatica can stand the standing. He says its a really easy job - the easiest in the plant. (dont want to list the company for confidential reasons)

5. Amazon Book Publishing - I am going to put out a series of young adult novels and publish them on Amazon. Not sure if they will be popular but hope to put one out by the end of July. I have several series in mind so I can "bounce back between each series" and not get stale on either. I also have a book on a missionary couple I want to publish but that will have to wait for now.

The owner of the home here is being very understanding with me. I help manage the property a bit - sweep, pick up trash, etc. Also help him with computer things now and then. I am behind on my rent but still am giving him some money every month. Eventually I will repaying him the balance.

Health is ok. The Sciatica/Scoliosis is giving me issues lately. Also have to be a bit concerned about my eyes. The bike will help me get out more and spend less time on the PC. Hoping I can get the current game out very soon.

Thanks for your continued support - those that helped me out during the last couple of months - very much appreciated!

Generalfeldmarschall Wilhelm Prinz Peters von Dennewitz

3. Husaren-Regiment, Reserve-Kavallerie, Preußischen Armee-Korps

Honarary CO of Garde-Ulanen Regiment, Garde-Grenadier Kavallerie

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

MDF, VP4LC, NRO, MTD, CMR, PR, MIM, NDM, OMR (ver 4.07)

Post subject: Re: June Update
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:55 pm 

Quick comment: finished with the campaign picture maps today. Altogether there were 228 images I had to create. Some of them were duplicates so lets just say it was a little over 210.

There are 242 scenarios to create for the campaign. That probably translates to about 80-90 scenarios with many variations meaning that the reserve goes in the center or on the flank. Hoping to finish those off by early July at the latest.

The images themselves are not terribly time consuming to make .. its translating the campaign file text into an image ... where the troops are located, where they are going, etc.

Took a ride on the bike tonight about a block away to Subway for a meal. Just needed to get out for a ride ;)

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:12 am 

Glad to read the many good things in this Bill! You've turned a good corner! :)

Allied Coalition Webmaster & Club Website Support

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:13 am 

Getting more excited about the game too!!

Allied Coalition Webmaster & Club Website Support

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:35 pm 

Got funded for July through early August ... so still hanging in there.

Two guys in the club pitched in ... much thanks again. Also got funding from John Tiller and royalties from Slitherine are going to come next week.

My plan is to finish up by the end of July with my game project. Now to see if I can execute on that plan ;)

We will have temps of 102F (Sunday) and 109F (Monday) with 90s following for pretty much into July ... the lovely days of Spring are over ... means my HQ (PC) will close down here by mid afternoon to save on wear and tear on the equipment.

Still using the 2005 PC that I had built when I moved to Boise .... hoping it will hold up until I finish with this project.

I want to invest about $500 into my newer pc (which is not working - it was built in 2009 and used extensively for Leipzig thru 1814 as well as my one Slitherine Metz project - it boots but it shuts down - shop said they could not figure out what the problem is but its probably the MB) and get a new MB, CPU, RAM and Win10. I think my hard drives will work but might need to buy a new system drive too. If I can that will give me a super PC to work with.

I have a decent case, power supply and video card. Just need the other components ... my MB went bad in that system ... the CPU and RAM wont work with the newer boards.

NWC Founding Member