Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:36 pm 

I found a nice inexpensive wide angle monitor.... you can have either one picture or have it do a split screen.... its 25" but I think I will hold out and wait until I can afford a brand new system and step up to the wider screens.

Does anyone else have one of these and can you do the John Tiller Software games in its own screen on one of these?

I have two monitors ... my design work demands it really.... productivity drops way off if I am stuck with one monitor. One of them is starting to go. I will probably just get a refurbished version of the same monitor (Samsung SyncMaster 930B). Its only $87 and is my second monitor for the system. It has to have a VGA connector... DMI wont convert to VGA with this Dell system I have.

Does anyone else have a two monitor setup?

I find that I have to run the JTS games on the "Left hand" or "main" monitor or else the map starts scrolling in the Auto Scroll setting (which I always use). If you are using one of those wide angle monitors in a "split screen" format do you have the same problems?

Someone on the Tom's Hardware website pointed out that my Dell system power supply does not have enough watts to push the wide angle monitors so that is another reason why I will hold off for now.

But really - at $160 - not a bad price for a wide angle 25" flat panel.

I saw where the 4D monitors are out ...

Generalfeldmarschall Wilhelm Prinz Peters von Dennewitz

3. Husaren-Regiment, Reserve-Kavallerie, Preußischen Armee-Korps

Honarary CO of Garde-Ulanen Regiment, Garde-Grenadier Kavallerie

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

MDF, VP4LC, NRO, MTD, CMR, PR, MIM, NDM, OMR (ver 4.07)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:37 pm 

I use two monitors also. My main one is on the right and the same thing happens if I put the JTS game on the left one: with autoscroll on it scrolls itself all the way to the left. I've never tried to use splitscreen.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:46 am 

I have 3 monitors (35" wide scree with split screen and two 24") .

I have that scrolling issue on the side monitors also. i usually just shut off auto scroll.

I can run two games on my main monitor and it does not scroll like the side monitors

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:46 am 

Does anyone own one of the wide angle monitors I mentioned earlier? I would be curious to hear if the split screen option cures the scrolling problem.

Thanks for the feedback, Clint. For reasons of space and the scrolling problem as well as less monitors to stare at I would like to purchase one of these wide angle monitors eventually. I want to get one that is tall, though, as I have seen that the ones that are short would not give me enough space to work with as far as typing and folder space goes.

Generalfeldmarschall Wilhelm Prinz Peters von Dennewitz

3. Husaren-Regiment, Reserve-Kavallerie, Preußischen Armee-Korps

Honarary CO of Garde-Ulanen Regiment, Garde-Grenadier Kavallerie

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

MDF, VP4LC, NRO, MTD, CMR, PR, MIM, NDM, OMR (ver 4.07)