Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Game Updates
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:59 am 

Gentlemen,

I have recently played a couple of the Tiller Civil War games with the 300 level updates which are a great improvement in game play.

My question is there any plan to update the Napoleonic games? The Napoleonic games have lagged far behind the Civil War games. Some of the optional rules from the Civil War games I would like to see added.

1) Alternative Melee Resolution - This rule creates a separate melee phase at the end of a move. This would virtually eliminate blitz tactics.

2) Cavalry skirmishers - One of my pet peeves is that scouting cavalry squadrons can only detect opposing units by running into them and being subject fire or ambush.

3) Extreme Fog of War - This is a really cool new optional rule that really limits info on size of units and limits possible visible hexes to hexes that are actually occupied.

4ème Corps d'Armée
La Grande Armée

Post subject: Re: Game Updates
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:40 pm 

The next round of updates should be out as soon as the last of the games has been released (which would be the second Peninsular game). Due to the scheduling of all of the other updates our series has had to wait.

I still have some changes to make to the Nap series games I worked on. Those will include a standardization of all of the artillery values based on nation and the date. Some of the nations had weaker powder during some of the Wars of the French Rev., for instance, and that is reflected in the new values. CEF has the new artillery PDT values. I am not sure if the other titles will get any update to their scenarios but now would be a good time to tweak victory levels, etc.

I too regret that we could not have put out the updates sooner but for now there are only a handful of scenarios that are not working as advertised (Jena has one ... etc).

As to the improvements in the Main Program. Not going to happen unfortunately unless John hires a programmer to do them as this series is not under the banner of the WDS at this time. Perhaps in the future it will be and at that time, if a programmer is included, we could see some nice improvements such as the Artillery capture rules.

John Tiller's govt. work precludes him doing updates on the series and face it .. we have been very fortunate that it has been updated as long as it has. In 2020 it will have been 20 years since the first game came out. No company supports their game projects like JTS!

:frenchsalute: :thumbsup: :eagle: :frenchvive1:

Generalfeldmarschall Wilhelm Prinz Peters von Dennewitz

3. Husaren-Regiment, Reserve-Kavallerie, Preußischen Armee-Korps

Honarary CO of Garde-Ulanen Regiment, Garde-Grenadier Kavallerie

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

MDF, VP4LC, NRO, MTD, CMR, PR, MIM, NDM, OMR (ver 4.07)