Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:53 pm 

Mssrs.,

I'm still debating whether I can afford to go to Tiller Con and the thought occurs to me to check if anyone wants to car pool/share a room.

I would be leaving from Western Mass and driving down the Eastern Seaboard to Richmond.

Regards,

Paco

<i>Maréchal</i> M. Francisco Palomo
<i>Comte de Marseille
Duc d'Abrantes</i>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:40 pm 

Sorry, the guys I know of whoa re driving in for sure are coming from Michagan and Texas...

Might want to post something on the Tiller Con forum as well...

Gen. Hamilton, Baron d'Barbancon
21st Division
VII Corps, ADR

Saxon Leib-Garde, de la Jeune Garde, Garde Impériale

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:10 am 

Paco:

If you decide to come down, let me know. Maybe we could share a room (though I plan on playing games to the wee hours) -- it would give me a place to shower at least.[8D]

FM Sir 'Muddy' Jones, KG
2nd Life Guards, Household Cavalry
CO, Cavalry Corps
Allied CiC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:49 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by paco</i>
<br />Mssrs.,

I'm still debating whether I can afford to go to Tiller Con and the thought occurs to me to check if anyone wants to car pool/share a room.

I would be leaving from Western Mass and driving down the Eastern Seaboard to Richmond.

Regards,

Paco
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

What are you, the Count of Lenox? Or not that far out.

Unfortuneately, my wife is going with me and we will be spending about two weeks in the area, some before TILLERCON and a week or so afterwards.

I live in Lynn and go out the Pike, then down 84. We usually spend the night in NJ, then hit VA the next day. So, even if we had room to haul you down, you would have to HITCH back.[:D]

Sorry.

<b><font color="gold">Ernie Sands
GdB,1er Brig,1eme Div,VI Corps,AdR
President, Colonial Campaign Club
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:09 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ernie Sands</i>

What are you, the Count of Lenox?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

More like the <i>Comte de Paradis</i>[:p], or Northampton, the Paradise of America[:D]!

How did you persuade "she who must be obeyed" to let you spend a weekend gaming in the middle of your vacation?[:0]

Regards,

Paco

<i>Maréchal</i> M. Francisco Palomo
<i>Comte de Marseille
Duc d'Abrantes</i>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:17 pm 
"she who must be obeyed" - Paco

No, no, no, Paco,

It ain't like that at the Sands' estate.

Ernie says, "jump!", and ....

... she opens the window for him. [:p]

Colonel (ret) Al Amos
1er Dragoons
AdN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:08 pm 

Sounds like you had the same I idea I had Ernie. Take some time to see the East Coast. I have never been below Richmond or above Baltimore (though I was in Boston one time for about 12 hours on a courier trip). Looking forward to looting your house while you are away! [:D]

Oberst Wilhelm Peters
2nd Kuirassiers, Reserve Korps, Austrian Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:23 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by paco</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ernie Sands</i>

What are you, the Count of Lenox?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

More like the <i>Comte de Paradis</i>[:p], or Northampton, the Paradise of America[:D]!

How did you persuade "she who must be obeyed" to let you spend a weekend gaming in the middle of your vacation?[:0]

Regards,

Paco

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Ahh, Cambridge WEST![:D]

It was not a problem. She was at the last ACW reunion, so I mentioned it would be nice to go to this, so we built the vacation around TILLERCON. She will be there a good part of the time, but the hotel is reasonably close by.

I'll have to suffer through a run through the POTTERY whatever it is called, in Williamsburg as the last week, or so, of the trip will be down there.

<b><font color="gold">Ernie Sands
GdB,1er Brig,1eme Div,VI Corps,AdR
President, Colonial Campaign Club
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:07 am 

I'll be driving down from Maryland with my fiance and future mother-in-law. I'll be gaming...they'll be shopping!

<hr noshade size="1"><center>[url="mtdavies@msn.com"]Major Michael "Zettlemyer" Davies[/url]
Commandeur 2 é Brigade der Kavallerie
VIème Corps Bavarois, L'Armée du Rhin
[image]http://mikedavies122863.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/konig.jpg[/image]
Librarian & Archivist
[url="http://mikedavies122863.tripod.com/college_imperial_du_mars/College_Imperial_du_Mars.htm"]Collège Impérial de Mars[/url]
</center><center>[url="http://mikedavies122863.tripod.com/index.htm"]Ecole de Mars[/url]</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:48 am 

Greg - hehe! Mother in law AND wife! Sounds like you wont have much money for new games for sale at the con! [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:p][:p][;)][:o)]

I like what one guy said - "We always take my mother in law with us on trips. She has yet to complain about the ventilation in the UHaul trailer."

or ...

"Mom loves coming along with Jim and I. We make sure that she has enough snacks and if she needs to use the sandbox we pull over by the side of the road and patiently wait for her."

or ...

"You never know what mom is going to say. She is so cute on trips. Always the perfect gentleman." Dr. Rene' Richards on his/her in-laws.

or ...

"We never leave home without my mother in law - I never leave home that often as a result!"

or ...

"I always forget my credit cards on trips with my in-laws. They are always ready to pick up the bill anyway when we eat out ..."

or ...

"Shirley brought her mother with us on our honeymoon. It was a grand time. They slept in the bridal suite and I got to watch the Final Four in the sports bar. The best part was when they both announced on Monday night that they were going to the mall. I didnt miss a second of the final game."

Rich turned to Charlie as he was about to make his putt on the 18th green, "Isnt that your wife in the hearse driving down the highway?" to which Charlie replied, "Her mom was a fine lady, never had a bad word to say about anyone, great cook and fine mother in law," and made his birdie.

Oberst Wilhelm Peters
2nd Kuirassiers, Reserve Korps, Austrian Army