Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Reading vs. eReading
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:44 am 

Mark,
I never once thought you were Hanoverian, I assumed that was your mask ... as mine is a Frog ...

I don't believe Napoleon was a god ... But the things that he accomplished in his life (aside from all the death) were outstanding.
The deaths of all those thousands of people can not be laid on his door alone. It was much the fault of all of Europe, simply because
he was NOT a Bourbon ... and 'DARED' to take the throne of France by force of arms and the rest of the Rulers of Europe saw that
it could just as easy happen to them. Almost every country with a king or queen originally started that royal family by force of arms.

The French people (other than the aristocracy, many of whom later were) were comfortable with him.

Anyway, not god worshiping ... worship one God and he is the one and only true God.

[Mask back on]

Vive l'Emperor ... Vive la France
Mort aux ennemis de la France

Last edited by moondog830 on Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:25 am 
Yeah, I know, you are a gamer just as I am. As with all wars, there were certainly many parties to share the blame, though nearly none to actually take it. There are many others who literally do worship the Little Corporal, as well as those who cannot distinguish role playing from the truth.

You would be surprised at the emails from others I have received over the years wondering if I really am from Hanover. Juergan Kraut is actually the only member that I know in our club who actually is from Hanover, and even he is not serving in our Hanoverian Brigade, although he is a KGL officer which certainly does count.

And for the record, I definitely do not believe in Divine Right or any other form of entitlement. I believe everyone to be equal, and all responsible for earning their way. I respect the unique qualities of every person, and firmly believe that authority must always be accompanied by responsibility. I hold the highest leaders to the very highest accountability. Napoleon Bonaparte certainly falls within this category, as do all of his counterpart Kings, Queens, and Tsars. They were all directly culpable.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:59 pm 

I have to agree that last ... they were all culpable ...

I will have to get off my soap box for a time now, I have crossed a line (not paying attention to my rantings) and possibly offended some members of this club.

Thanks for the 'debate'

Marechal Kling ... thanks for keeping my stupid rump in line!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:08 pm 

Now you gone and done it. I have found some of Master Chandler's books at the local libray (Campaigns of Nappy excluded) and will have it delivered to the local branch forthwith. First will be a study on the Marshal's of France so I can get a glimmer into the inner workings of you dastardly folk on the other side of the tavern. And for the price of $0.00, how could I resist. This could cut into my mindless TV time.

Lloyd's Battery, Royal Artillery
Royal Regiment of Artillery
Reserve Artillery & Engineers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:55 pm 

I have both Osprey books on the marshals and upper commanders of the French in digital format ... if anyone wants to 'borrow' them. :)