Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:37 am 

As the year comes to an end we should reflect on an age that has also come to an end. An age where manly men wore silk stockings, powdered wigs with hair bows, skin tight breeches, and killed one another without reservation. Where birth right trumped intelligence and ability.

So gird your loins, gather around the camp fire, and assemble what Frenchmen you can to fight this epic battle before the epic battle. I am open to option rules as long as they advance an allied win .... ( To you revolutionaries that is allied humor, the allied win part)

I am usually good for a turn a day, though things do get in the way, like when the powder from the wig gets in your eye.

If interested please comment here or send an aide de camp to nh260 at msn dot com. Be sure he is an officer and a gentleman as my trusted servant and confidant Maria will be answering the door. Any slights, slurs, or advancements to her will be dealt with the traditional draw and quarter method.

Merry Christmas and the happiest of holidays to you all.

Lloyd's Battery, Royal Artillery
Royal Regiment of Artillery
Reserve Artillery & Engineers

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:55 am 

Ah Richard my old adversary.

I am always partial to getting the old games out and giving them a go, so how about me and you settling an old score, as you have beaten me 3 times now, and as this young apprentice was taught a thing or two on those very fields by the legendary Jeff Barden, I think I have a chance of victory even though it may be small, the chance of victory that is.

So now your yearly bath is over and wig overly powdered, I will await your reply to my offer.

Your eager opponent
Mark :frenchcharge:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:12 am 

A battle royale it will be. I will polish my Waterloo medal for the occasion. :scottishduh:
After the gifts are opened and naps are taken I will try to get it started. As you French will say, "En garde!"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:24 pm 

Mark, I sent file to email I have of yours which may be dated if you have been forced to flee from the ever advancing allies.

If you have not received it let me know.

Vive le Emperor's famous fried frog legs $4.99 a dozen. Great for forced retreats!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:28 pm 

Files have been exchanged. The French plan is for a quick strike and certain victory. The allied plan is to run away and avoid getting shot.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:03 pm 

The French plan for conquest has been unveiled in this battle. After they vanquish (their plan, not mine) the allies they want to open a series of corner bistros in every village. The will be called Monsieur Donalds serving fried frog legs and 1/4 kilo burgers. The mascot is a Napoleon like figure with flaming red hair that flares out from command general's hat. Large red shoes are also worn.

God save us all from such a fate. A renewed vigor is seen in our lines to stop such evil.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:41 pm 

The tide of French blue continues to flow forward. The British forces, at first bold and loud, now realize that running away may make for a brighter future. On the Prussian side, only Napoleon's daughters ( of Germanic heritage) may slow them down. And the numerous rivers. Many of the Prussians are in a "F" state, which I take to be "Frozen in fear", because it would be nice if they would move forward like their supply wagons are doing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:20 pm 

Greg Hanbuch, I can't get you email address from your profile to send an attachment. If you will send an email to me I'll send a set up. As we are both on the right side of this war I can dress up as a Frenchman.

Mark has offered up a number of supply wagons in the current fight from which I have a number of uniforms to choose from. I won't be able to use the entire uniform as a fair number of them have built in girdles. Very strange.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:11 am 

Just wait till the French Entertainment Troop start moving forward doing the Can-Can, I'm sure a boot or more will be making contact with those Prussian behinds. Its a sight to send shivers down any spine. Even the Guard look away and shake with terror at the sight of those men advancing and dancing in dresses. :frenchshock: The troop have been consuming pickled snails all day and for their finale they will turn and let off a salvo of wind in the enemy direction, it will cause more devastation than Napoleon's beautiful daughters, the 12 pounders. :frenchsick:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:25 am 

There has been an ill wind blowing in from the French lines. I have ordered all camp fires extinguished in fear of a methane explosion! And those "Entertainment Troops" are more like Shock Troops. Shocking in that they wear no under garments and even though they have massive beards and long locks, they are like Mexican Hairless Snails when the kick of the can-can is in full swing.

It was noted in more than a few field reports from the front lines and our spies in the country side, that massive columns of reinforcements are heading our way. Prancing horsemen and skipping grenadiers are on the way! It is a good thing that my Prussians have been having a sausage fest with Napoleon's daughters.

An epic battle is in play. And it must end here. The French can advance no further. I have recently purchased a nice farm house and orchard near the town of Waterloo and do not want the pastoral countryside spoiled by the dread of war...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:35 pm 

It is like a warehouse fire on the docks of Marseille. A lot high pitched screams as plumed high officials run about with arms waving in the air, soiling their silk undergarments. Then wave upon wave of blue jacketed rats fleeing the flames. MERDE!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:43 pm 

Dramatic results from the pillaging several French supply wagons. Some how the supply of some high quality brandy and other "sipping by the fire in your bathrobe and fuzzy slippers" drinks have made their way through the rank and file. In spite of orders to conduct an orderly withdrawal, bands, nay, battalions of drunken Prussians have been running amuck trying rifle the pants pockets of the French officers whilst they are still alive and in them. Most disturbing, indeed!

Turn 18 of 28. There will be many widows on both sides as a result of this battle. The score card says "Major French Defeat" so far but the butchers bill has not its final tally.

P.S
I am really enjoying this play. Aside from routed troops with super human strength and skirmishers that win fights of 1000 men to their 50, this old game is tickling my fancy.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:23 pm 

Dire news to report, sire. My esteemed opponent has warned me things are going to heat up very soon and I should wait on my plans to holiday with the combined armies in Paris shortly. I thought he was referring to a possible heat wave and that we should think of a respite on the southern beaches of France as we work our way there.

Now I see, by glimpses of the clouds of dust on the horizon and the overwhelming stench of horse dung (what are they feeding those men!?) that wafts in from the French lines, that massive reinforcements are heading my way. 10 turns to go and a undeniably high point deficiency on the French side may still secure an allied victory.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:37 pm 

Turn 23 of 28, I have some reinforcements planning on arriving as they heard we have an ample supply of tasty brats an over abundance of captured French Brandy. Surely the enemy can see the writing on the wall, written in musket ball, that all hope is lost. Vive' le France, with the return of the King ....

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 6:32 am 

As the smoke cleared from the battlefield, unveiling the carnage that was wrought by the French, the local farmers saw the once proud Old Guard shuffling back along the roads that they had proudly marched forward on earlier that day. Bear skin hats leaned forward as their owner's heads leaned forward in shock and dismay. What few officers that were left were especially. Almost all supply wagons had been captured and the frilly silk finery, tins of gastronomical delights, and an ample supply of Brandy, fine wines, and a tasty Cognac were now in the strong hands of the victorious Allied army! A major victory to the Allies.

I have to say what a joy it was to fight this battle. Mark had me hard pressed until Prussian reinforcements began to arrive. He had an good turn rate which kept it moving. His confidence in what he was going to accomplish had me very worried. I always enjoy fighting against him as I know it will be a fun time for all, until I lose. Then it is just a game.

Well played Mark. You are a very honorable officer, for a Frenchman!!