Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: the club
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:37 am 

Rich Hamilton wrote:
I'm still around, but it's all I can do to handle the email Support and project work...no time to play or keep tabs on all the forums... back in the day when I was single and only worked one job I would spend several hours a week on admin and probably 20+ on game play... those days are long gone...

...or reversed ... mostly long gone, though...

Rich --- that happens to be a different club ... do we get to carry cards? :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:12 pm 

Gentlemen

As Andy said some of us "grey beards" are still around and fighting quite a few battles. But as the grim reaper gets nearer we would rather "do" than "talk". I am still active in three Clubs and am usually up for a rumble especially if I can register in all three Clubs : :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:21 pm 

With all of the game design I now do I am doing well to be in 1-2 battles at a time. Yes, life used to be cavalier when I would be in something like 30-45 games at a time in four clubs!

:frenchlol: :frenchlol1: :frenchcool1:

Generalfeldmarschall Wilhelm Prinz Peters von Dennewitz

3. Husaren-Regiment, Reserve-Kavallerie, Preußischen Armee-Korps

Honarary CO of Garde-Ulanen Regiment, Garde-Grenadier Kavallerie

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

MDF, VP4LC, NRO, MTD, CMR, PR, MIM, NDM, OMR (ver 4.07)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:16 pm 

I would like to add that there is also another problem. Unless members log in to the forum on a regular basis posts can be missed due to real life issues, age and other issues.

Another problem is contact, a newsletter which is a great idea but how to communicate that to the members:
Private Mail on the club website, do members even acknowledge private emails or more to the point, know they have been sent especially if they don't log in to the forum that often.
Personal emails, and I know this can be an issue, and that many members do not want there inbox bombarded with messages from the club so that contact really needs to be at a minimum.

It is very difficult to get a balance of keeping track of members, and getting across various information, without upsetting members. So with these barriers how do we contact members on a regular occasion and get a reply back? This is something which I think does need to be addressed then members may reply if they know what's going on. Its a fine line and one I'd like to address especially as the last muster in the LGA was somewhat poor.

I like many others have had real life issues and I have neglected the club mainly due to time as I wanted to concentrate on my health as well as of late various projects that keep me physically and mentally active.

Would members of the LGA be willing to complete a very small survey on how they prefer to be contacted and how often as well as a few other questions.