The 10th Foot (The Lincolnshires)
Original artwork by Keith Rocco, www.keithrocco.com
Anglo Dutch Dispatch
Greetings, gentlemen and welcome to the Anglo-Dutch Dispatch. Don't
forget that we have our quite unique London Gazette, which is updated
regularly with all our Armies' news and information. Our tournaments go
from strength to strength with now the Sixth Division, RMA Top Cat and of
course the Wellington Boot … err Cup in full swing. It gives me the greatest
pleasure to announce the following promotions, decorations and
God save King George!!
The following Ensigns have successfully completed their training and passed
out from the RMA to the following regiments:
- Shel Talmy to 2/44th Regt. of Foot
- Steve Marchese to Field Bn. Verden
- Jim Hall to 2nd Light Dragoons KGL
- Jamie Camp to Regto de Reales Guardias Walonas
- Paul Frampton to Landwehr Bn. Munden
- Keith Williamson to 1/88th Regt. Of Foot
- Chris Ratcliffe to 1/7th Regt. of Foot
- Vincent Rivers to 1/91st Regt. Of Foot
George by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and
Ireland, and of the British Dominions beyond the Seas, King, Defender of the
To our Trusty and well beloved Officers Greetings. We reposing especial trust
and Confidence in your Loyalty, Courage, and good conduct, do by these
Presents Constitute and appoint you to be an Officer of Our Land Forces from
this date forward. You are therefore carefully and diligently to discharge your
duty as such in the Rank of Lieutenant or such higher Rank to which We may
from time to time hereafter be pleased to promote or appoint you, of which a
notification will be made in the London Gazette, and you are at all times to
exercise and well discipline in Arms both the Inferior Officers and Men serving
under you and use your best endeavors to keep them in good Order and
Discipline. And We do hereby Command them to Obey you as their superior
and you to Observe and follow such Orders and Directions as from time to time
you shall receive from Us or any of your superior Officers according to the
Rules and Discipline of War in pursuance of the Trust hereby reposed in you.
Given at Our Court at Saint James's this date in the Year of Our Reign.
By His Majesty's Command
The following officers have received promotions:
- Gen der Diversie Philip Roubaud to Generaal Majoor
- Colonel BW Smith to Brigadier General
- Kolonel Marco Bijl to Gen. der Brigade
- Kolonel Geert van Uythoven to Gen. der Brigade
- Colonel Colin Gaskell to Brigadier General
- Lt. Kolonel Geert van Uythoven to Kolonel
- Lt. Colonel Mark Nelms to Colonel
- Lt. Colonel Terry Lubka to Colonel
- Lt. Colonel Bob Breen to Colonel
- Majoor Hans de Viser to Lt. Kolonel
- Major Rick Martin to Lt. Colonel
- Captain Mark Rhodes to Major
- Kaptein Hans Boersma to Majoor
- Captain Tim Avery to Major
- Captain Claes Melbro to Major
- Lieutenant Jason Cooper to Captain
- Lieutenant Simon Lewis to Captain
- Lieutenant Nik Butler to Captain
- Lieutenant David Wragg to Captain
Medals and Awards
George by the Grace of God. of the United Kingdom of Great
Britain and Ireland, and of the British Dominions beyond the Seas,
King, Defender of the Faith.
Sir, I am directed to transmit to you the accompanying medal which
has been conferred upon you for your services with the British
Forces during service to the King against the French. In
Forwarding the Decoration, I am commanded by the King to assure
you of His Majesty's high appreciation of the services rendered.
I am Sir, Your obedient Servant
The following officers have received awards for their service to the club or
for their battlefield endeavors:
MGSM (Military General Service Medal):
- X5 to Kolonel Geert van Uythoven
- X3 to Brigadier General BW Smith
- X2 to Brigadier General Ian Travers
- X2 to Colonel Rob Thoyts
- X2 to Gen. der Brigade Marco Bijl
- X2 to Colonel Mark Nelms
- X2 to Generaal Majoor Philip Roubaud
- To Lt. Colonel Bob Breen
- To Major Claes Melbro
- To Majoor Hans Boersma
- To Lt. Colonel Stefan Johansson
- To Colonel Michael Davies
- To Colonel Terry Lubka
- To Lt. Colonel Rick Martin
- To Captain David Pell
British artillery at Talavera
AGC (Army Gold Cross):
- To Kolonel Marco Bijl
- To Kolonel Geert van Uythoven
- To Colonel Mark Nelms
- To Colonel Rob Thoyts
- To Major Claes Melbro
- To Majoor Hans Boersma
Wellington's Victory at Waterloo
Mentioned In Dispatches:
- Kolonel Geert van Uythoven
GOD SAVE THE KING!
Major General Tony Dobson K.G.
Belgium November 1801
Dispatch of the
2e Nederlandsche Divisie
The Netherlands forces have earned their rightful place in the Anglo-Allied army. Led by the vaunted
Prince of Orange (Marco Bijl) commanding I Corps, and Colonel Geert van Uythoven commanding the 2e
Nederlandsche Divisie, the Netherlands officers won many victories recently. The 2e Nederlandsche
Divisie itself defended its forward positions at Quatre-Bras many times, stood fast at Waterloo and
Frasnes, and its officers aided their comrades-in-arms the Prussians. Time has come to give our support
also to our Russian and Austrian Allies on the various battlefields!
The 2de Nederlandsche Divisie is busy designing their own web pages, which hopefully will be on line
soon. In addition, we try to give you the histories of the units part of the Division, the first part of the
history of the 27ste Jager Bataljon, written by its commander Majoor Hans Boersma, appears in this
Newsletter. More will follow!
Brigade-Generaal Marco Bijl and Colonel Geert van Uythoven defeated the French in 8 turns in a custom
PTW Waterloo game, winning a major victory. Allied losses 4,825 inf, 375 cav, 12 art and 3 leaders;
French losses 10,725 infantry, 1,225 cavalry, 38 artillery and 8 leaders (including GD l'Heritier, GD
Bonaparte, GD Delort, GD Foy and l'Empereur Napoleon!).
Brigade-Generaal Marco Bijl
- Major victory in PTW Quatre-Bras in 15/28 turns. Allied losses 7,300 inf, 1,050 cav, 11 artillery and 1
leader; French losses 10,925 inf, 2,175 cav, 39 artillery and 11 leaders (including GD Foy, GD Piré,
GD Desnouettes and Marshal Ney!).
- Major victory in BGW 'Where is Grouchy?' in 11 turns. Allied losses 2,425 inf, 1,900 cav and 1
leader; French losses 4,825, 2,200 cavalry, 34 artillery and 12 leaders (including GD Subervie, GD
Simmer and GD Jeanin).
Promoted Brigade-Generaal, Awarded the Distinguished Conduct Medal and the Army Gold Medal.
Kolonel Geert van Uythoven
- Major victory in PTW No.3 'Quatre-Bras' in 18/28 turns. Allied losses 4,975 inf and 6 art; French
losses 9,225 infantry, 2,075 cavalry, 29 artillery and 9 leaders (including GD Piré and GD Colbert-
- Major victory in PTW No.9 'Hold at all Costs' in 16/16 turns. Allied losses 10,550 inf, 600 cav, 2 art
and 3 leaders; French losses 16,250 inf, 1,800 cav, 38 art and 19 leaders (including GD Reille, GD
Bachelu, GD Foy, GD Jerome Bonaparte and Marshal Ney!).
- Major victory in PTW No.9 'Hold at all Costs' in 16/16 turns, playing with reversed sides. French
losses 11,775 inf, 1,100 cav, 3 art and 1 leader; Allied losses 18,050 inf, 1,075 cav, 15 art and 10
- Major victory in BGW 'There is Grouchy!' in 7/24 turns. Allied losses 1,675 inf, 1,925 cav, 1 art and 5
leaders; French loss 5,525 inf, 1,525 cav, 32 art and 7 leaders (including GD Simmer).
- Major victory in BGW 'There is Grouchy!' in 24/24 turns, playing with reversed sides. French losses
17,150 inf, 3,300 cav, 35 art and 12 leaders (including GD Maurin); Allied losses 23,750 inf, 4,550
cav, 30 art and 27 leaders (including Cav. General Prince William and GL von Hake).
- Major victory in BGW 'There is Grouchy!' in 24/24 turns. Allied losses 14,775 inf, 2,025 cav, 3 art
and 11 leaders; French losses 20,350 inf, 4,475 cav, 72 art and 44 leaders (including GD Domon,
GD Simmer, GD Jeanin, GD Subervie, GD Pecheux, GD Soult, GD Pajol and GD Vichery).
- Major victory in BGW 'The Prussians pressure Papelotte' in 9/14 turns. Allied losses 1,475 inf, 575
cav and 2 leaders (including GL von Zieten II); French losses 5,000 inf, 22 art and 11 leaders
(including GD Marcognet), the French completely wiped out!
- Minor defeat in BGW 'The Prussians pressure Papelotte' in 14/14 turns, playing with reversed sides.
French losses 5,000 inf, 22 art and 10 leaders; Allied losses 2,625 inf, 400 cav, 12 art and 3 leaders.
- Major victory in PTW No.3 'Quatre-Bras' in 16/28 turns. Allied losses 7,125 inf, 100 cav and 7 art;
French losses 5,100 inf, 4,175 cav, 31 art and 6 leaders (including GD Colbert-Chabanois, GD Foy
and Marshal Ney!).
Promoted Kolonel, promoted Brigade-Generaal, awarded the Distinguished Conduct Medal and the Army
Gold Medal, mentioned in Dispatches.
Majoor Hans Boersma
- Major victory in PTW No.3 'Quatre-Bras' in 26/28 turns. Allied losses 12,550 inf, 1,800 cav, 46 art;
French losses 11,425 inf, 3,100 cav, 44 art and 8 leaders (including GD Bachelu and GD Piré).
- Major victory in PTW No.1 'The Fifth Division at Frasnes' in 12/12 turns. Allied losses 1,675 inf, 1 art;
French losses 2,425 inf, 1,900 cav, 12 art and 4 leaders (including GD Bachelu and GD Lefebvre-
Promoted Major, awarded the Army Gold Medal.