American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 4:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:25 am 

Option 3 gets my vote.

What about adding to the burden of command my encouraging/requiring Divisional Commanders to organise MPGs?

"He walked with long, ungraceful strides, enormous feet adding to the spectacle, and he sat a horse as if leaning into a strong wind."

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:33 pm 

Option C.

The Army of the Mississippi has had a good run but all things must change...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:35 pm 

General McOmish,

Thank you again for stepping forward and volunteering your time and expertise to our great cause.

It's also good to see so many members joining in on this discussion and expressing their options as to the future direction of the CSA, we need your continued impute and interest as this process moves forward.

With a more streamlined efficient system in place much of the current drudgery of command positions will be a thing of the past and while the loss of the AoA and the AoG, the two armies I have called home for the first 6 and last 6 years in the club, it will be like the passing of an old friend. That said I look forward to the planned reorganization, as Gen. Garner stated "Change keeps things fresh, fresh keeps interest."

As to my humble opinion, option C is my choice, as well the Army of Tennessee for the western theater army. The AoT existed from 1862 to 1865 the latter part attached to Johnsons army in North Carolina at the surrender of his forces, really the longest operating army in the western theater.

I also concur with MG Tim Reneau that current divisions having created an identity/esprit de corps within armies that will be consolidated will need to be taken into consideration. I also concur with several members that stressed a regular muster program, to me once a month is not to much to ask, it helps in keeping an accurate count of activate members and creates a communication link from the members to the command staff.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:23 am 

I vote option C.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:20 am 

Gentlemen,

It gladdins the heart to see such support for option C which I whole heartedly support but I would like to take the re-organization a few steps further though.

First I agree that the western army should be called the Army of Tennesssee. We have too long not honored this fine army.

Secondly, I feel we should take a the historical re-organization of the armies even further. I know several of you belong to the Napoleonic War Club . A few years ago Chuck Jensen totally re-organized the French armies a long historical lines. I would like to see us do the same.
One of the things that has bothered me has been our use of numerical names for corps,divisions and brigades. I know we need numbers for the records department but maybe we could use names and numerical designations.
Therefore I would like to suggest the following organization:

Army of Northern Virginia

Sample;
Longstreet's Corp( 1st Corp )

Hood's Division ( 1st Division )

Robertson

Anderson

Toombs

Law

+ maybe a arty battalion

In other words let our commands be known by historical names.

Lastly, I would like to suggest that each army consist of 2 infantry corps and one cavalry corp.

Those are my thoughts and I feel we have an opprotunity to really put a historical feel to the organization of the Southern armies.

Yours, Tom Moore

Army of Tennesssee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:53 pm 

Gentlemen:

The Union side went through some similar problems in the past with Armies being moth-balled (option C). We had good leadership, like "y'all", at the time, but they first made sure just how many effective personnel we actually had. Once the numbers were in, I believe the decision was easily made.

Excuse me, a Union Boy, for my voice in your important issue, but we want you boys to succeed beyond all expectations. Why, we need your side too for effective gaming. I wish the Rebel side to have great fortune in this discussion and if consolidation occurs, we should have a tournament, West against West and East against East. The losers buy the libation and cleans up after the party.

Army of the Tennessee
S = √ 30 x d x f + - e

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:24 pm 

Gen Danner <salute> I was somewhat surprised at a Yankee positing on this one and then I realised that, like you said, you do have a vested interest in the CSA being strong, and we are in fact all in the same club. Thank you Suh

Brigade Commander
Alabama State Volunteers
Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corps
(1/1/1)
Army of Tennessee

Confederate States of America

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:05 pm 

General McOmish, sir I salute you! I was so glad to see some of your cavalry being captured by a partner in our MP game "Struggle". Beyond this, you are quite right as we Blue Team members are vested in the Rebel side. Quite frankly, we interact with Rebels generally more frequently than our side, so some of us know Rebels more intimately than our members. A case in point: I not only know John Dragan's wife and children's names, but also his dog's.

Army of the Tennessee
S = √ 30 x d x f + - e

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:51 pm 

Jim Whitehead here:

As a relatively new member who has done nothing but enjoy the fruits of the labor of others I offer:

1. Administrators are in short supply.

2. The work requires someone who knows and understands the entire club.

3. Option C creates the best opportunity to span the gap.

Sincerely,

Jim

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:09 pm 

Sir,
I also cast my vote for Option C. Thank you for your effort in leading the reorganization.
Very Respectfully,

Army of the Mississippi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:31 am 

I vote for option C as I would never be available for administration dur to real life issues.

Cheers

Klaus

1st Brigade "Missouri Freikorps"
1st Division"The Big Red One"
I.Corps "Cold Steel"
Army of the Mississippi

The Gray Avengers

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:56 pm 

Gentlemen <Salute>!

before I read your post, I thought "option C" was the best, now I'm sure it will be the right choice to improve our side...

Gen Paolo Pizzingrilli
V/II/III
ANV

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:12 pm 

Gentlemen of the South

I too see option C as the realistic choice. I have been a member since 2002 but have become a low activity player of recent years. When I joined over ten years ago I really enjoyed the esprit de corp and clubs wider community and took part in more of what the club offers.

I appreciate all the long hours that Cam, Nick and everyone else ploughs into the administration.

Also I think we should go with Army of Tennessee as the aggregated new army title.

regards

Hardee's Corps (1st Corps)
Army of the West (AotW)
C.S.A.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:16 pm 

Thanks for you feedback Adam - I am keen that all the longer served officers get in there and give their views as well. You guys built the club and held it togeather so you have a big stake in its success. It has also been great to see some of the newest members also make their views known.

Brigade Commander
Alabama State Volunteers
Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corps
(1/1/1)
Army of Tennessee

Confederate States of America

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:34 pm 
Fellow Officers - <salute>

I support Option C - it provides the flexibility of stabilizing the CSA side and permits the ability to expand back to our original additional armies if things can be stabilized as more officers are found or volunteer to participate in the admin functions

Thanks Cam - you have put a lot of work in here - we appreciate the effort .

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next