American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 7:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:30 pm 

<Salute> Gentlemen

Excuse me while I have my high horse brought over and I climb up on the old girl.

What is with all the password protected Union Message boards?
Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place [using the Link Express from the Club Main Page]
but it would appear that all the Union boards are password protected.

Here i was thinking I would get on my high horse and go out and stir up the Yankee's to see if
I could get a game or two, but no can't get on the boards. I hope that this a oversight on my part,
or I'm looking in the wrong spot because Tavern Raids use to be a huge part of the club.
Through Tavern Raids we use to get Division v Division One of fights for the Honour of said Division.

Please Gentlemen tell me that the Tavern Raid is still alive and kicking, for without the Tavern Raid
a HUGE part of the Role Playing in this club is dead and it was the role playing [ie Union/Reb sides of the Club]
that made this Club standout.

Grant

Col. Grant C. Davey
"The Elephant Brigade"
6th Artillery Battery,
3rd Div, II Corps,
AotM,

"Suh! we have met in Battle, and you Suh!" "Have Seen The Elephant"

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:18 pm 
Ah, yes, a common observation these days. The Yanks have apparently been forced into seclusion over the past year or so. Their dwindling numbers are forever more fragile and their leaders, much like mothers protecting their daughters honor, have locked them in their taverns and posted guards on all sides. If you go to the main MDT Forum and read the thread "What are the Yankees Afraid of?" there was/is an ongoing discussion about it.

I leave our Tavern open 24/7 but no Yanks ever come. I think they are beginning to take an almost Buddhist non-violent approach to the Club. While we practice marching in line and target practice the Yanks try Yoga and syncronized swimming in the Potomac. The 45th New York is our favorite to watch as they can do a wonderful interpretation of Washington Crossing the Delaware while the 103rd Pennsylvania plays the British and performs an interpretive dance with them upon crossing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:35 pm 

Gentlemen,

I cannot speak for the other Union field armies, but the Union Army of the Tennessee maintains an very open forum in the Old Abe Tavern and Parade Ground. There we indulge ourselves in all manner of role-playing and cammaraderie with anyone who wishes to enter, in a very direct and friendly manner. Anyone in the club can go there and read all they want, and posting is easily accomplished with the usual login drill of Username and Password. This includes our own officers.

The only forum areas that are shut to non-AotT officers are the Conference Hall and our Staff HQ. The Conference Hall is the secure place in which we accomplish our monthly Muster Call, a process wherein we not only signify our continued presence in the club, but where we relate in some detail the current battles in which we are participating. These "Muster Reports" contain observations and subjective material on our CSA opponents, material that is considered "military intelligence," and therefore classified. The AotT Staff HQ is another restricted area for obvious reasons. But, of course, none of this should cause such personal consternation among our Southern friends, nor engender such active ridicule. :wink: We would expect similar guarded areas in the forums of our opponents.

Commander, Army of the Tennessee
(2011-2014 UA CoA/GinC)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:02 pm 
Thanks Joe for stopping by. It would be nice to see the public Union taverns on the MDT site for easier access by all though. Rather than going to many multiple websites we could all just use the single one. Thats just my two cents though.

Glad you stopped by! Feel free to have a drink on us. After all, we liberated it from your own stock on our last raid north.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:42 pm 

Hi Joe,
Don't know what you and your northern companions have to keep secret, "military Intel". We meet on the battlefield, you advance against our lines, we fire a few volleys, ya'll turn and run screaming like little girls. Whats so top secret about that :lol:

1st Corp Naval Detachment
2nd Engineering Blte
AotM CSA

"If there is a shell or bullet over there destined for us, it will find us" - General James Longstreet

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]