American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 8:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:26 pm 

Due to the ammo supply and being vastly out numbered by day two.Is it possible for the Rebs to win this one against com-pendant Union foe?
Thanks

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 2:51 pm 

In the old days before the huge club revolt that resulted in the loss of our database (the first time - not the second time), the Yanks had won 13h a total of 181 times, the Rebs won it 136 times, and there were 53 draws. The top 10% of the players in this club are going to win it regardless of which side that they play (unless it is against each other) and another 15% are going to win it if they play as the Yankee commander. That still leaves the remaining 75% of us.

VMI Class of '00

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 8:08 pm 

Ned

what happened with the first revolt......

Tim

I Corp
Army of Tennessee

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 9:08 pm 

Ned is too modest. He's among the top 10% of the club, and bettered his chances by leaving for the Yankee Army :wink:

CSA Cabinet Secretary

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 10:01 pm 

Tim, remember that I, like 99.5% of the club, was not a witness to what started it so I can only tell you my viewpoint. A newly appointed CoA (they were not elected back then) felt that he had the authority to tell the other two cabinet members from his same side how they were to vote on each issue. The rest of the cabinet, including the two cabinet members, kinda disagreed and so an explosion happened within the cabinet that expanded to the club membership where everybody chose sides and more issues were introduced. Things got very hot. The CoA left and since he was the programmer and administrator and maintainer of the club database, it left with him.

Neal, I can accurately say that I am not in the top 10%. There are members here on both sides that I have never been able to defeat but I enjoy trying every now and then. The reason that I changed sides is because I had played every scenario on the ACW BG disks at least once as a Reb and back in the day, club rules were that a Reb taking command of a Union army was a maneuver regardless of who he played. I changed sides so that I could continue to fight from a different perspective. Soon after, they changed the club rules so that we don't have to change sides to do that anymore. Besides, it was kinda nice starting over as a Second Lieutenant again and I got to meet even more members of the club so it had its benefits.

VMI Class of '00

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:49 am 
All I know is that its a brutal challenge to win as the Rebs at Gettysburg. Ken Whitehead has gone to great lengths to prove it is almost impossible. http://wargame.ch/board/acwgc/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14925

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:29 am 

I think that Kennon's thread is on a HPS Gettysburg version, not the BG 13h. Besides that, I've never played him, but I would rate Kennon in the top 10% so he could probably win it if he was the commander of a third party Polish detachment that started the battle at a tavern in downtown Gettysburg and took on both North and South.

VMI Class of '00

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:21 pm 
13h - ah, yes! I forgot this was on the TS version as opposed to the HPS.

Kennon has whipped me plenty. Your right about him being in the top 10%. I would even go farther and place him in the top 2% though.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:59 pm 

Ned

I remember some of that......I remember when you were with the South...Gene Nix was the Commander of the Army Of Mississippi....I rose as far as Corp Commander when I had to leave....

What a shame....Names from the past...Rich Hamilton....Pierre

oh well.....the Phoenix rose from the ashes.....

Tim

I Corp
Army of Tennessee

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 7:23 pm 

and the morale to this story is never piss off the keeper of the records!

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 7:27 pm 

TMiller wrote:
Ned

I remember some of that......I remember when you were with the South...Gene Nix was the Commander of the Army Of Mississippi....I rose as far as Corp Commander when I had to leave....

What a shame....Names from the past...Rich Hamilton....Pierre

oh well.....the Phoenix rose from the ashes.....

Tim
Does anyone remember Gary Cope CSA and what happened to him?

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:44 am 
You guys missed it last summer when most of the CSA sites were shut down. Lesson #2 - dont piss off the guys who control the sites :?

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 3:47 pm 

I remember Gary Cope. He was the guy who did everything, kinda like the modern day Nick Kunz, or Ken Miller, or Bob Weir, or Ernie Sands, or ... but I don't recollect when or how he left, where he was from, or his real life status today. He was a very nice guy to deal with.

The first and most valuable lesson that anyone in this club can learn is to never, for one instant, allow your wife or serious girlfriend to think that the games/club are more important than they are. If you do, then you'll have a choice to make.

VMI Class of '00

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 4:28 pm 
nsimms wrote:
The first and most valuable lesson that anyone in this club can learn is to never, for one instant, allow your wife or serious girlfriend to think that the games/club are more important than they are. If you do, then you'll have a choice to make.

I hear that :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:44 pm 

tbone150 wrote:
[m
Does anyone remember Gary Cope CSA and what happened to him?[/quote]

Gary is alive and well. I'm friends with him on Facebook. I'm not sure if he is still involved as much with the CCC but he makes an appearance there and I think at the PzC once in a while.

Union Military Academy Instructor

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]